Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,701,448 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
What a typical American white loser. The support this idiot receives for this stunt is just an A1 example of why this country is going down hill.
No, your reaction and the thought process that creates it is the problem with our society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Just because you are a scared little rabbit afraid of your own shadow does not mean anyone elses rights should be limited.

Which recent history are you referring to? REAL history, or what the media reports, because they're far from the same thing. I'm sure you believe everything you read on MSNBC though.
Virginia Tech
2011 Norway attacks
Sandy Hook
Westroads mall shooting
Aurora movie theater
Oregan mall shooting
Ft. Hood
Washington DC sniper
Amish schoolhouse shooting
North Illinois U shooting
Carthage nursing home massacre
Tuscon shooting
Sihk temple shooting

Quote:
Screaming fire in a theater is ILLEGAL. Responsible, mature people actually know their rights and what the law is. Hint, just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it wrong or illegal. You aren't the final judge of morality. Stay at home if you're so afraid of being offended.
As I said, I know the difference. Legality does not equal ethical or moral correctness. This is more than being offensive to someone, though mature adults also try to be kind to others. This is about deliberately causing fear in others. This is about acting in a way that is diametrically opposed to responsible gun ownership. I was waiting for someone to tell me to stay home. This is the new normal. Instead of attempting to have a back and forth about any issue, people are told, "Don't like it? Stay home." Quite the commentary on modern society.

Quote:
I doubt it. You're a typical liberal who is sure that what you know is right and everything else is wrong.
Not true.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Then you were off topic. The topic is about someone LEGALLY carrying a firearm in a store. Not someone ILLEGALLY doing it. Your posts were moot points.
Again, go back and re-read my posts. Maybe a third reading will penetrate whatever reading comprehension block you have up.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Many theories are reasonable no matter how unlikely. How you react to them is entirely within your control or maybe uncontrol.

Again if you read my first post you'll see that I agree that in a large urban environment that this type of display creates problems because of the type of reactions such as those you describe.

I do understand though that because I was raised in an environment that guns were just another tool of daily life that I am much more able to deal with any emotions that might put me on alert to any possible dangers.
The reason that I became more moderate about guns is because of my husband, who was also raised around guns in much the same manner you were. I'm interested to see his reaction to this photo.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Again, go back and re-read my posts. Maybe a third reading will penetrate whatever reading comprehension block you have up.
I can read just fine. You're spinning your wheels now trying to reverse it. If you don't see what you did, then there is no hope for you is all I can say.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:45 AM

14,917 posts, read 13,101,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
but if it was a cop doing the same thing, would even think twice about it?
If a cop were doing it, I'd think some sort of SWAT operation was going down and that I really needed to get the hell out of there.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM

13,186 posts, read 14,978,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
No, your reaction and the thought process that creates it is the problem with our society.
Sorry Pal, I've traveled the World extensively and resided in Europe for two years. The average mentality of a citizen of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho is on par with a Serbian, or Israeli settler. Scared, pitiful, white, racists who can't compete. They drop out, and pretend how mistreated and threatened they are. BTW, I'm also a hunter, and veteran and think it's hilarious how your whole ego is involved in gun ownership.....LOL

Old 01-18-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If a cop were doing it, I'd think some sort of SWAT operation was going down and that I really needed to get the hell out of there.
You'd be shaking in your boots in Switzerland eh?

Old 01-18-2013, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Sorry Pal, I've traveled the World extensively and resided in Europe for two years. The average mentality of a citizen of Utah, Wyoming, Idaho is on par with a Serbian, or Israeli settler. Scared, pitiful, white, racists who can't compete. They drop out, and pretend how mistreated and threatened they are. BTW, I'm also a hunter, and veteran and think it's hilarious how your whole ego is involved in gun ownership.....LOL
Such a scholar, but doesn't know what's legal and what isn't..

"It's not that Liberals are ignorant, it's just they know so much that isn't so". --Ronald Reagan

Old 01-18-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You'd be shaking in your boots in Switzerland eh?
Not if I were born and raised in Switzerland where such behavior is commonplace. It's not common here. Thus the fear and distrust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies