Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2013, 01:30 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Nope
So it's just about the big SCARY guns??? lol..Typical ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2013, 01:31 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,847,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Where do you get this tripe?

What part of "the right to keep and bear arms" don't you understand?
The bit i understand is to keep and bear arms for use in a well regulated Militia.... not as a "fashion statement" for morons.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
omg! Are you sitting around your home all day and night with your gun at arm's length? Now THAT does sound extreme. That is a level of fear that sounds like it would be painful.
I have no fear of getting broken in on but I am ready and have my plans, just in case, and they do revolve around that hand gun you talk about.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 PM

3,004 posts, read 5,151,479 times
It was literally for attention. The problem is you never know what they are thinking or what the people seeing it are. All of the gun range training in the world does not prepare you for real tactical situations despite what a lot of people think. What if someone said something and made him upset and he for instance grabs even the strap of his gun as a way to intimidate. Depending on the state you're in, can get you got real quick (Florida, Indiana, Texas) as all three have similar stand your ground laws and that would equate to your life being threatened. I'm sure doing it in Utah, he had no fear but uh, some of these other states, it could possibly be a wrap.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Yeah - I perceive a threat difference between a gal with a holstered pistol in a store and guy hauling an AR15 and multiple magazines in a store. Very much so.

Never encountered either though. I can't imagine why anyone would want to do either (especially the latter).

Old 01-18-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
And if he is a cop the moment you reach for your gun you are dead.

If you think you are going to get the drop on a armed cop you are delusional.
Those guys are really gun in hand, I guess. If they are really cops they may well be but they won't take me without breaking the law. If anyone breaks in my house, always locked, especially at night they are subject to my gun and I will not worry about who they are since breaking made them a criminal, uniform or not.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Guess you need them for me too. If some nut walks into the JCPenny where I'm shopping with an AR15 and magazines capable of holding enough ammo to kill everybody in the store, I'll be on the phone with 911 as soon as I can get clear of the nut.
I guess you didn't read his words about checking in with the police and telling them where he was going to "play". They said to go ahead since the law says it is ok.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:38 PM

266 posts, read 402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Uh, yeah. The rifles/shotguns. Because those guns are TYPICALLY the ones used to commit the mass murders and that are TYPICALLY not carried around on a daily basis like a damn wallet. Makes perfect sense to me.

PS - the rifle slung across your back will be easier to access than a handgun right at your side in a holster? The rifle slung across your back is safer from others gaining access to when it is completely out in the open and the trigger is right there, not to mention the gun is behind you out of your sight, whereas the handgun is at your side, in a holster, by your arm, and covered?

Old 01-18-2013, 01:39 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I guess you didn't read his words about checking in with the police and telling them where he was going to "play". They said to go ahead since the law says it is ok.
Huh? I don't care if he got the blessing of the Police Chief, the Pope, and Jesus himself. It wouldn't change my reaction one iota.

Old 01-18-2013, 01:47 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,669,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iliza View Post
Open carry is just asking for trouble, I don't see any other reason for it than to feel powerful/indestructible. Concealed carry is much less alarming, but also more strategic in the event that you would have to protect yourself or others.
Sure from people like Bloomberg & Obama
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies