Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 10:18 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,280,580 times

Advertisements

Finally a voice of moderation is heard from the left. Speaking at an important Democrat meeting of leaders Bill Clinton tells the Dems not to look down their noses at gun owners. However, he did say some things that I would have to take exception to during the speech. Such as: “A lot of these people … all they’ve got is their hunting and their fishing,” he told the Democratic financiers. “Or they’re living in a place where they don’t have much police presence. Or they’ve been listening to this stuff for so long that they believe it all.”

Bill Clinton Warns Dems: Don’t ‘Patronize’ and Look ‘Down Your Nose’ at Gun Culture | TheBlaze.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Has he mentioned yet that gun owners are not still beating their wives?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:21 AM

2,468 posts, read 1,919,558 times
Its a fair warning - with such a large number of armed crazy Tea Partiers, I would be scared too.

Progressives should start arming themselves as a precaution in case the Tea Partiers go rogue.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:28 AM

79 posts, read 59,237 times
Bill Clinton REMEMBERS the '94-'04 AWB very very well...

It did nothing to stop crime.

I'm not a Clinton fan, but he is MILES ahead of Obama and much much smarter.

Probably why the two don't like each other very much.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Its a fair warning - with such a large number of armed crazy Tea Partiers, I would be scared too.

Progressives should start arming themselves as a precaution in case the Tea Partiers go rogue.
Good luck doing that in locked down Blue states

Old 01-20-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Cabin View Post
Bill Clinton REMEMBERS the '94-'04 AWB very very well...

It did nothing to stop crime.

I'm not a Clinton fan, but he is MILES ahead of Obama and much much smarter.

Probably why the two don't like each other very much.
Please ... when Clinton was in office you guys were slinging mud at him almost as much as at Obama.

And Clinton gave one of his finest speeches ever at DNC'12 in support of Obama.

We are glad that Democrats stick together and work for each other - you guys were relegated to hiding Bush and banning the word "Tea Party" at RNC'12.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:32 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,787,000 times
Quote:

Does this kind of hysterical ranting occur often with you? Or is this the first time?

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 AM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,325 times
Quote:

Stock, locked and loaded! Driving around in Terry McNichols-land, i often come across a nondescript church with a sign announcing the next Tea-Party meeting.

I've always thought that was a bad precedent, mixing neighborhood churches with politics. It's no wonder some Tea Party folks carry on with a zeal that's downright odd.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:36 AM

79 posts, read 59,237 times
Quote:
Please ... when Clinton was in office you guys were slinging mud at him almost as much as at Obama.

And Clinton gave one of his finest speeches ever at DNC'12 in support of Obama.

We are glad that Democrats stick together and work for each other - you guys were relegated to hiding Bush and banning the word "Tea Party" at RNC'12.
LOL Even this Republican can see it clear as day. I saw those two lock eyes before. "My friend" and "I love you" wasn't on their minds.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam's Cabin View Post
LOL Even this Republican can see it clear as day. I saw those two lock eyes before. "My friend" and "I love you" wasn't on their minds.
For sure Santorum, Huntsman, Romney, and Ron Paul are the best of friends and "love" one another..correct?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies