Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 03:53 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am sick of Republicans call that guy a "Hispanic". Look at him. He's white Cuban. I've never heard of Cruz associating with any mexican americans in this state. Heck, he doesn't even speak Spanish. He grew up white. No doubt his parents came form the prosperous Cuban upper middle class that kept the black cubans in their place.
Quote:
Ted Cruz is half white American and half Cuban. He looks 100% white. Do you honestly think that he's experienced the type of prejudice that the average "hispanic texan" has experienced? I'm surprised that Cruz doesn't choke when they refer to him as a "minority" or "latino".
Is this the kind of ignorant racial prejudice we should come to expect from left wing nut jobs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
And it's public record that Cruz was NOT born in the USA.

And yes birthers, this claim is real, not a RWNJ fantasy.
Interesting the same birthers who scream and yell about obama being illegal and yet a guy who really wasn't born in the country and not a peep. You think it has anything to do with the fact that cruz is a republican ? Bunch of hypocrites all o dem !

Old 01-21-2013, 04:08 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Such righteous indignation, and such incoherent ignorance in a reply (see my bold).

When ones missed no opportunity to skewer Perry and Bush, and has referred to Texas as being "declining" under Perry, then your comment leaves no doubt as to your post's implication.
Feel free to quote my post that mentions that.

Quote:
Go peddle your crap to someone who hasn't read your anti-conservative ramblings.

Good God!!!!
One of us is making things up.

The other is pointing out the looniness.

I know which is which. I'm not sure you can tell the difference.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Why does that upset you so much?
Point out the part that indicates it upsets me.

Who it should upset is the birthers who endlessly whine about the president, who wasn't born in a foreign country.

Old 01-21-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofurkey View Post
Cruz was born in Canada. His mother was a U.S. citizen.
So, he's ineligible for the presidency, not being a natural born citizen. Some on the right have mentioned that they consider him "presidential material."

Old 01-21-2013, 04:42 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Point out the part that indicates it upsets me.

Who it should upset is the birthers who endlessly whine about the president, who wasn't born in a foreign country.
Then I guess you should talk to the people who began those conversations, the Hillary Clinton Presidential campaign.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:08 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I don't know if they can do enough gerrymandering to keep that a reality in their House elections. Statewide, it is pretty clear the electorate is shifting rapidly and in spite of voter restriction efforts, things will change.
"voter restriction efforts"?

Is that what you call wanting someone to show a picture ID? A "restriction" effort? We shouldn't restrict people to only vote under their own name? Are you one of those people who think showing you are who you say you are before voting is equivalent to a Jim Crow law?

Old 01-21-2013, 05:46 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,829 times
Quote:
Feel free to quote my post that mentions that.

One of us is making things up.

The other is pointing out the looniness.

I know which is which. I'm not sure you can tell the difference.

I'll give you the nanosecond your post deserves,.....THERE!!!

If you understand "nanosecond" feel free to consult a dictionary.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:10 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,003,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Is this the kind of ignorant racial prejudice we should come to expect from left wing nut jobs?

Somebody like you would never understand the different life experiences that different people live in this country. It's ignorant to think that Cruz has felt the sting of prejudice, taunts, etc that a darker skinned "hispanic" would experience in this country. So, sit back comfortably in your white skin and dictate in your mind how everyone in this country lives the same easy life as you.

Old 01-21-2013, 06:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Somebody like you would never understand the different life experiences that different people live in this country. It's ignorant to think that Cruz has felt the sting of prejudice, taunts, etc that a darker skinned "hispanic" would experience in this country. So, sit back comfortably in your white skin and dictate in your mind how everyone in this country lives the same easy life as you.

Damn! That was pretty racist of you. My world, is it that bad that you're the victim?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies