Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 11:15 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,026,302 times

Advertisements

Don't worry folks the authorities are all over this terrorist threat. They have confiscated the weapon and interrogated the 5yo child for three hours without her parents present. I don't know if she gave em the goods on what Barbie and her friends at the playhouse had in store for everybody.

"MOUNT CARMEL — The family of a kindergarten student in Northumberland County is thinking about filing a lawsuit after their five-year-old was suspended from school. The family’s attorney says she was suspended because she threatened to shoot herself and a classmate with a Hello Kitty bubble gun."

Hello Kitty Bubble Gun Controversy | WNEP.com — Scranton / Wilkes-Barre / Hazleton
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2013, 11:19 AM

127 posts, read 143,111 times
Madness. Just madness.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM

They may have to add this to the assault ban. Of course I don't know if she was using a high capacity bubble magazine or if this thing is an "automatic" or not. I'm sure Bloomberg is looking into it.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,639 times
I knew this would happen. I know of a kid a relative on my wifes side that was suspended for making a gun out of his finger and thumb and going bang bang. When I was a kid my mother hated guns and I would tape two Lincoln logs together and make a rifle or cut one out of wood, what ever it took. Its classic over reaction of the emotional based people. This is why we need to slow down any gun laws. Once you pass some stupid mag ban you can't go back.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlltickleurinnerds View Post
I knew this would happen. I know of a kid a relative on my wifes side that was suspended for making a gun out of his finger and thumb and going bang bang. When I was a kid my mother hated guns and I would tape two Lincoln logs together and make a rifle or cut one out of wood, what ever it took. Its classic over reaction of the emotional based people. This is why we need to slow down any gun laws. Once you pass some stupid mag ban you can't go back.
Boys can take a ball of string and form it into some sort of gun. LOL.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:14 PM

1,442 posts, read 1,941,671 times
We'd better alert Diane Feinstein--it isn't too late to modify her legislation to include a ban on the possession, sale and transfer of plastic guns marketed to children. What sort of disgusting culture allows a child to play with a mock gun?

And a pink one no less!

Stop glorifying murder, America--your complicity must stop!

Old 01-21-2013, 01:29 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
All I saw in the report was a girl on the bus said she was going to shoot herself and another girl. Then it goes on to say it was a Hello Kitty Bubble Gun that she was talking about and that she didn't even have with her. Without having been there or knowing anything else I can't say much. I have no clue what her mindset was or what kind of "shooting" she was talking about. Example, who reported this? Did someone overhear or did the friend tell someone else? Was the girl mad at the time and lashing out (if she was, she wasn't talking "bubble gun" I guarentee that) or just talking to her friend about bubbles?

Stories like this don't rile me up because they are written to rile YOU up.

Old 01-21-2013, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
All I saw in the report was a girl on the bus said she was going to shoot herself and another girl. Then it goes on to say it was a Hello Kitty Bubble Gun that she was talking about and that she didn't even have with her. Without having been there or knowing anything else I can't say much. I have no clue what her mindset was or what kind of "shooting" she was talking about. Example, who reported this? Did someone overhear or did the friend tell someone else? Was the girl mad at the time and lashing out (if she was, she wasn't talking "bubble gun" I guarentee that) or just talking to her friend about bubbles?

Stories like this don't rile me up because they are written to rile YOU up.
Stories like this rile folks up because of who absolutely ridiculous they are. Just like your questions you posed. What state of mind was the evil 5yo in?? Are you serious? You think she was mad and actually plotting some way to get hold of a real AR 15 mebbe and take down the school? You need help sister.

Old 01-21-2013, 10:58 PM

37,151 posts, read 42,250,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Stories like this rile folks up because of who absolutely ridiculous they are. Just like your questions you posed. What state of mind was the evil 5yo in?? Are you serious? You think she was mad and actually plotting some way to get hold of a real AR 15 mebbe and take down the school? You need help sister.
I need help? WHY? Because we don't know what this girls life is like or what she is exposed to. Maybe it's gun and crime.

Look, you don't have to tell me there is stupidity in "zero tolerance" anything, I've been saying that for years. I'm also saying I have no details about this and the article in the OP makes nothing clear except it wants you to get upset. They did a good job ehh?

Old 01-21-2013, 11:08 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,449,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So soon we forget the story of Kayla Rolland.

Shooting of Kayla Rolland - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies