Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2013, 04:00 PM

88,980 posts, read 44,793,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I have not read this whole thread (I will) but I just watched this clip

Clinton, McCain go head-to-head on Benghazi - Video on NBCNews.com

and have to say that in this grilling by McCain she did NOT do such a good job. She is doing what other high level politicians do best - sidestepping the pointed questions and delivering a poor performance. The frustration McCain feels is evident in his body/face language. Her evasions are evident in her body language (leaning her face on her hand, etc). I am not impressed, and although not a Republican, I admire McCain's deeply probing questions that never got answered. IMO, nothing will come of this sham "investigation."
Yep, it's nothing more than a farcical dog and pony show to make it "look" like Congress is doing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2013, 04:03 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,856,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
sense when does the reason for what someone did matter to the action itself. If you kill someone and it isnt in self defense then it doesnt matter if you did it because of a religious reason or if they gave you a fake smile.

You are arguing something that is arbitrary. And something that isnt true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Rice was a puppet put in front of the press that Sunday across various channels saying that.
Meanwhile Libya said the Friday before that it was a terrorist attack as did Al Jazeera.

And you have no problem being misled for 2 weeks until they "retracted" it ?
The big picture is lost. The reasons are the same on why we get attacked over there. Bring our troops home and protect our borders like the constitution says. Just being over there makes us less safe.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
Someone needs to relieve Rand of that creature he has living on his head.
You mean the truth? You have a problem with knowing the truth?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Rand Paul ... Bhwaaaa, ha, ha, ha, ha. These nut jobs just never fail to amuse. "If I were President ..", ..Bhwaaaa, ha, ha, ha, ha, snort, hic...
If he were President, Benghazi more than likely would never have happened. Our troops would be home. Get it yet?
Read the 9/11 commission reports as well as the CIAs Bin Laden report. oh and don't post right after going to Happy Hour on an empty stomach.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgirl View Post
I have not read this whole thread (I will) but I just watched this clip

Clinton, McCain go head-to-head on Benghazi - Video on NBCNews.com

and have to say that in this grilling by McCain she did NOT do such a good job. She is doing what other high level politicians do best - sidestepping the pointed questions and delivering a poor performance. The frustration McCain feels is evident in his body/face language. Her evasions are evident in her body language (leaning her face on her hand, etc). I am not impressed, and although not a Republican, I admire McCain's deeply probing questions that never got answered. IMO, nothing will come of this sham "investigation."
She is not about to expose classified info to the public, info that McCain has access to. He was grandstanding for effect trying to bait her into doing something illegal. But hey, you knew that, right?

Old 01-23-2013, 04:10 PM

3,020 posts, read 8,613,009 times
Hats off to Rand Paul for having the courage to speak the truth instead of showering her with compliments.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:12 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,000,767 times
In preparation for the Benghazi hearings, I have been reading about Watergate.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:19 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,535,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
Hats off to Rand Paul for having the courage to speak the truth instead of showering her with compliments.

Hillary has put in a call to Monica Lewinsky to inquire where she can find a good dry cleaner. That green outfit of hers is such a mess !

(Rand is my hero. Rubio ... not so much anymore.)

Old 01-23-2013, 04:34 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,666,916 times
Quote:
She is not about to expose classified info to the public, info that McCain has access to. He was grandstanding for effect trying to bait her into doing something illegal. But hey, you knew that, right?
FAIL.

hillary specifically said Marines were not not involved BECAUSE THERE WAS NO CLASSIFIED INFORMATION.

LOL@U. Looks like you weren't paying attention.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:36 PM

16,042 posts, read 21,965,744 times
Quote:
So if the whole hearing is a farce why bother to do it at all (at the taxpayer's expense)? How much did this farce cost us?
Are we learning anything we did not get told before? He may have been grandstanding, but she was BS'ing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies