Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM

490 posts, read 650,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those so called stupid remarks were not the voice of the entire Republican party nor does it make the entire party stupid. What part of that isn't everyone getting? As if no Democrat hasn't made stupid remarks as well?

Perception is reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 08:44 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Those so called stupid remarks were not the voice of the entire Republican party nor does it make the entire party stupid. What part of that isn't everyone getting? As if no Democrat hasn't made stupid remarks as well?
He certainly meant his remarks the way you are seeing it and not that the party overall is stupid...We are all aware some of the candidates said and did dumb things..No one has denied that. I read what he was generally saying and not from a liberal blog on the net, as, we do not have to change our goals, our philosophy or our message, but we do have think before we speak...Too many seem to take, what a few evangilicals say as how the party overall feels.
Nita

Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Dude, he is a Louisiana politician....corruption is a requirement of office.

But don't worry, my native Illinois is doing their best to put then in 2nd place on that topic.
I would say it is a toss-up between the two.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:45 AM

25,848 posts, read 16,528,639 times
The thing is, that Republicans have become such a party of hypocrisy. They preach the constitution but then want to trample on the civil liberties of gay people, pregnant women or anyone that will whip their followers up into a big enough frenzy to ignore things like the deficits they create by padding the pockets of their wealthy supporters.

Start 3 wars and cut the corporate and wealthy tax in half? Bash Gay marriage. Eliminate capital gains tax so the wealthy can hand down billions to their children tax free? Bash "don't ask, don't tell" or create fear that the bad old Democrats are coming for your guns.

I mean, they were once the party of common sense and business. It's so hard to believe what they have become.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:52 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
He's correct. You should also know that he borrowed "the stupid party" from a Democrat, Pat Caddell who said, "There are two parties in America: the corrupt party and the stupid party." The bigger point is that both parties are bad and 50% of the population ignoring the problems for people they see as their side allow both parties to continue to be bad. The government has horrible approval ratings which means that the government is not really operating with the "consent of the governed."

Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 AM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
One of the few decent Republicans calls most everyone else in the party stupid. I highly doubt they will listen to him or heed his advice. I expect them to drum him out.

""We've got to stop being the stupid party. It's time for a new Republican Party that talks like adults," he said. "We had a number of Republicans damage the brand this year with offensive and bizarre comments. I'm here to say we've had enough of that."

Jindal: GOP must stop being 'stupid party' | Political Headlines | Comcast

Bobby Jindal and anyother Republican who feels this way needs to do is stop hanging out with Stupid People. My party would love to have him as well as Chris Christie and Scot Brown.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:18 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The thing is, that Republicans have become such a party of hypocrisy. They preach the constitution but then want to trample on the civil liberties of gay people, pregnant women or anyone that will whip their followers up into a big enough frenzy to ignore things like the deficits they create by padding the pockets of their wealthy supporters.

Start 3 wars and cut the corporate and wealthy tax in half? Bash Gay marriage. Eliminate capital gains tax so the wealthy can hand down billions to their children tax free? Bash "don't ask, don't tell" or create fear that the bad old Democrats are coming for your guns.

I mean, they were once the party of common sense and business. It's so hard to believe what they have become.
Where in the constitution does it state that gays have a right to a "traditional" marriage? Where in the constitution does it state that one has the right to aborb their baby?

Oh stop, with the GOP is the party of the rich, crap. There are many rich Democrats. Taxing the hell out of businesses owners stops job creation. I am all for the rich paying their fair share of taxes but the left has a scewered idea of what is fair. As for these stupid and expensive wars I am all for stopping them. How about we guard are own borders for a change? Yet the Democrats want to reward those who violate them with amnesty with 23 million Americans out of work. There is enough wrong with the left to stop complaining about the right and that is the hypocricy here.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He certainly meant his remarks the way you are seeing it and not that the party overall is stupid...We are all aware some of the candidates said and did dumb things..No one has denied that. I read what he was generally saying and not from a liberal blog on the net, as, we do not have to change our goals, our philosophy or our message, but we do have think before we speak...Too many seem to take, what a few evangilicals say as how the party overall feels.
Nita
But it is only a few nutjobs that are making stupid remarks and I didn't say that Jindall said otherwise. He just gave the left fuel for the fire though. It is no coicidence that the left will run with these remarks to demonize the entire Republican party. We can't controll what everyone says on either the right or the left.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
Bobby is right. He is also very smart.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
Perception is reality.
No it isn't. Are you saying that Americans are too stupid to know when someone has made a dumb remark that doesn't represent the views of an entire group? No, what I think is that some people's pre-biased, hate-filled agenda makes them blow the dirt all out of proportion to reality and to stereotype.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies