Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM

267 posts, read 202,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Capitalism is a mf.. While the rich spend over 100 thousands of dollars to educate their children... The government is stealing the wealth of the poor... - Olusola Fawehinmi

Ethiopia has one of the highest illiteracy rates in the world -- CNN

Quote:
“No Black person has ever been taught to think like ‘White Folks.’ If you thought like Whites, you would want your own nations, to control your own neighborhoods, to control your own economy, to have your own military to control the resources in your ground. Blacks come out of these schools and universities to be highly educated servants, slaves not in control of their own destiny. You would want to remove them from power.” - Dr. Amos Wilson

Quote:
In Brazil, young black men die by murder, young black women die from lack of health care: "Public security", state authoritarianism and the extermination of the black population. Please read this detailed report of what's going on with the black population in Brazil. You won't hear it in the news:
Link to article: Black Women of Brazil: Young black men die by murder, young black women die from lack of health care: "Public security", state authoritarianism and the extermination of the black population

Quote:
Hieroglyphic of a woman doing yoga in Ancient Kemet (Egypt).

“And upon his return to Greece, they gathered around and asked, ‘tell us about this great land of the Blacks called Ethiopia.’ And HERODOTUS said, “There are two great Ethiopian nations, one in Sind (India) and the other in Egypt.”

What does Kemetic mean? It means Black. It is derived from the 4th son of Noah: Ham. The etymology of the
word means Black. It comes from the root word KMT in the original language of the Ancient Egyptians. Egypt is a Greek word that means “land of the blacks”; or “burnt faces.” KMT spelled without the vowels, in ancient Egypt, is the accurate term these people referred to themselves as: {kamau; kamites, kemetians, chamites etc}.

What does Yoga mean? The literal meaning of the word is “Yoke” or “Link.” Like to link or yoke back to the boundless source of the Universe, the essence and creation. In essence, it means to become one with the Creator, Universe, The All or GOD.

“The philosophy of YOGA as espoused by the ancient Egyptians incorporated no less than four words whose exact meanings are equal to the Indian word “YOGA” which means {spiritual union}. The four hieroglyphic symbols that mean yoga in Egyptian philosophy are “NEFER“, “SEMA“, “ANKH“, and “HETEP.”

The hieroglyph “NEFER or “NETER” is expressed by the union of the trachea & heart. It symbolizes that which is the the most beautiful thing, the highest good, and the greatest achievement.

“SEMA” represents the union of two lungs & the trachea, symbolizes that the union of the higher & lower SELF leads to the ONE (GOD).

“ANKH” symbolizes the union of the cross (male) and circle (female) aspects of oneself, leading to the transformation into an androgynous being (GOD). Thus, the two become One!

“HETEP” means Supreme Peace, the final abode of all who satisfy the desire of their soul: Union w/ itself!

Quote:
When I say what I’d like to see happening amongst black young people I’d like to see them stop blaming themselves for the set of circumstances in which they find themselves in. One of the things I really dislike is when black young people will say, “Well if we were more motivated or if we listened better in class”… I’ve just encountered so many privileged young white people who don’t do that to themselves. Who get high and come to class and become supreme court justices. Because they have the sense that they have the right as young people to fail sometimes, to be experimental, to be young, to move through the world. So I mean I think that’s part of it. I hate how much we police black young people and encourage black young people to police themselves.

Melissa Harris-Perry
In other words…. you’re still young…stop beating yourself up..anything is possible….focus

Quote:
"For the freedom of my 22 million black brothers and sisters here in America, I do believe that I have fought the best that I know how, and the best that I could, with the shortcomings that I have... I know that societies often have killed people who have helped to change those societies, and if I can die having brought any light, having exposed any meaningful truth that will help destroy the racist cancer that is malignant in the body of America, then all of the credit is due to Allah, only the mistakes have been mine...
~Malcolm X...

Old 01-31-2013, 03:08 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,458,803 times
Some worthy quotes, and no offense intended, but on the whole, how is this anything besides a black version of Stormfront?

Old 01-31-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
In 1803 Haiti was the most democratic country in the world. It was the only country in the world that did not allow slavery on its borders. Not only did Haiti not allow it, Haiti was the only country in the world that put its natural resources towards fighting against ANY oppression.

Simon Bolivar liberated South America. It was Haiti who gave him the moneyband outfitted him with ships to start the struggle.

Haiti demanded only ONE thing of Bolivar.

"When you free VENEZUELA,
When you free COLUMBIA,
When you FREE ARGENTINA
When you free PERU.

FREE THE SLAVES!"

Since 1803 Haiti fought many imperialistic and european powers. America, France, Spain, Germany and Portugal all tried to bring Haiti down. Not ONE of them could make Haiti cease her democratic principles. If you made it to Haiti you were free. Everywhere else there was slavery.

Marines did not touch Haitian soil until 1950.

Little country doing big things.
Afrikan diaspora this is only part of Our story.
Peep the broken chain in the insignia.
OUR TIME IS NOW!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:23 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
God Bless this Powerful thread!

Old 01-31-2013, 08:29 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,540 times
Quote:
Remember, they only place a McDonalds where there's already customers. Look at any population map and you'll see exactly the same pattern of humans.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,943,387 times
So many of the pictures look like Philly!

I don't mean just the assassination of Octavius Catto, but the black and white photo just above this post ... looks like my neighborhood.

Don't forget the "MOVE" bombing, right here in West Philly.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:43 PM

468 posts, read 553,536 times
Appreciate your efforts into making this post but a few things are overly simplified. I agree wholeheartedly that Africans deserve much better and have to unite to achieve their goals.

On the slavery issue...whites weren't the only ones to enslave blacks, and arab muslims also had a huge part which many blacks like to ignore, and that lasted much longer than the white slave trade. Its legacy was just as bad, stripping millions of Africans of their culture and imposing one that to this day has kept them under fanatical leaders who pander to Western imperialism AND Arab muslim religious schemes, stripped them of human rights and hinder them from making progress. Violent behaviour and killing their own over religion are typical.

That cannot be ignored and it's a huge reason why many African immigrants are not welcomed...islam has made them incompatible and muslim immigrants aren't regarded highly due to their behaviour. Not saying that applies to all African immigrants, just saying that Islam has done a number on them and they think just because they can get an arab woman or any nonblack muslim woman that they have status and islam is their friend. They fail to see that they cannot progress under that culture. Addressing white imperialism and not arab, despite having better lives and chances to progress in white nations, isn't a smart move and if they persist in doing this they will soon face hostility from general white populations. Africans also enslaved their own.

A hostile culture of violence is not helping them and they need good leaders to guide them into real change. Taking a bit of responsibility wouldn't hurt either. And insisting on comparing themselves to Native Americans is a bit ridiculous at this point. This squeezing into every culture they fancy and taking it as their own is getting to be too much. DNA typing has proved the ancient Egyptians weren't black Africans, and the Nubians did not represent the entire people, just a few. Ancient Egyptians were white and generally most of the present non-Arab egyptians in Egypt today, plus the Nubians. Cleopatra was Macedonian. And none of the petty arguments associated with afrocentrism actually helps these poor kids like that one sitting naked at the desk (very heartbreaking photo).

I hope the current Chinese adventures in Africa will actually help Africans but I have my doubts.

Last edited by OnlyCurious; 01-31-2013 at 09:51 PM..

Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM

61 posts, read 46,856 times
Anyone that says f*ck my history and my Constitution can ESAD. F*ck their chickenschitt gutter culture and everything THEY stand for if that's their attitude.

BTW, what year is this again?

BTW, did you racist black nationalists ever learn that only between 3.6% and 4.2% of all slaves exported from Africa ended up in the U.S. Most ended up in the Caribbean and Brazil, so why don't you go burn those places to the ground first. And whatever you do, don't blame your African "countrymen" that sold your ancestors into slavery to begin with.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
The myths surrounding Ancient African Writing systems

Historically, the continent of Africa was looked at as the “Dark Continent”. It was assumed that Africa was “uncivilized” and “barbaric” and in no way could have developed such complex languages. There were many different writing systems in Africa. The writing systems were and still are, a reflection of various philosophies [thought processes] found in African cultures and civilizations. Language, to an African mind is part of your spirituality. The word spirituality is a way of life based on a society’s belief systems and moral values as they relate to a higher being. A spirituality is all of what you define yourself to be and is intertwined with your everyday actions. Your spirituality cannot be separated from your being. Egyptians believed that creator is everything and everything is creator as did many other Africans, not the idea that creator is just in everything. Spirituality is also the relationship between you and your ancestors. When a person dies, the “spirit” returns to a higher being. Your ancestors then become, your link with that higher being. Symbolism is a way of expressing that spirituality through individual aspects of your culture. Therefore spiritual symbolism means your relationship with a higher being and your ancestors who are parts of the higher being through the individual aspects of your culture in everyday life. Much of the text written by Egyptian scribes were attached to a Egyptian spiritual belief.

Quote:
“I grew up like a neglected weed, ignorant of liberty, having no experience of it. Now that I’ve been free, I know what a dreadful condition slavery is.” — Harriet Tubman

Quote:
No other news goes out to the world save that which stamps us as a race of cutthroats, robbers and lustful wild beasts. - Ida B. Wells-Barnett “Self-Help”

Quote:
“Why might developed countries care enough about climate to do anything about it? The answer depends on how much people in developed countries care about people in developing countries and on how expensive it is to do something worthwhile. Abatement programs in a number of econometric models suggest that doing something worthwhile would cost about 2 percent of GNP in perpetuity. Two percent of the U.S. GNP is over $100 billion a year, and that is an annual cost that would continue forever.” - Thomas Schelling

In essence, who is willing to sacrifice money for the continued life of non-Europeans? It remains that the African Blood Siblings is the sole organization for our Liberation. Your membership is the backbone of our achievement. Give yourself to this noble effort and we shall rescue a dying people. Or we die.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Mary McLeod Bethune:

"Whatever the white man has done, we have done, and often better."

Quote:
Today (11/10/2012) is the 17th anniversary of the Ogoni 9, murdered by the Nigerian State for their struggle against Shell. We remember Ken Saro-Wiwa, Saturday Dobee, Nordu Eawo, Daniel Gbooko, Paul Levera, Felix Nuate, Baribor Bera, Barinem Kiobel and John Kpuine

Quote:
I implore you cast aside your ungratefulness for a moment.
Cut asunder your lust for more, long enough to embrace
the vitals of life that are often taken for granted.
Put away your supper that you will half eat and eventually
share with the garbage disposal.
Step outside the security of your cozy home,
the home you wish was bigger in a neighborhood that was better.
Open and walk through the gate you despise
because it is not a white picket fence
.Pull off those shoes of certainty and comfort,
place your feet on the earth beneath you.
Watch your whole world turn upside down
as the earth is snatched out from underneath you. Literally.
Hear the silent cries of the forgotten, listen to its dark pitch
acknowledge the voice who's soul is shackled to despair
Feel the rotting bones snapping in whats left of a starving ghost
Allow the helplessness of a mother's unspoken words
unfurl around you as her young congregate round about
watching as she takes her last breath.
Understand earth's hunger pangs, in vain bliss fight to exist
fight against the inevitable, battle with the laws of nature
Claw, scrape, scrap at the thought that every void must be filled
wrestle with the concept that in contrast to the vast needs of our universe
Life: your life is just a thinning vapor
watch as your existence flashes before your eyes. Deal with the regret.
Not the regret that you have only one life to give
But the regret that the life being taking from you is only ten years young.
Observe in solemn silence as a grandfather struggles with the strength
and determination of General Toussaint to free his grandchildren of fallen debris
wipe his tear stained cheek feel his aged skin
know that nothing will ever injure him as much as this, he will never cry again
Can you feel the travail of the mother,
who bares her child in the streets of the desolate?
Can a beginning be any more humble?
The anxiety builds the young men veil there faces with bandannas
in an attempt to conceal there fear.
No longer waiting for death to discover
they've took to the streets in search of it.
This is a land that sadly has laughed it last laugh,
A land that has spent its last night of peace
A land that has sent up its last prayer
a land that has lamented and let out its last cry.
So now I ask will you shed a tear for Haiti. I will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies