Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 12:22 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,796,624 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
1. tell me, do you really want to live in an america where women are forced to give birth against their will?

2. how do you plan to keep women pregnant who don't want to be?

3. do you support sex education and free or low cost birth control?

4. do you support raising taxes in order to pay to house and educate all the children born that otherwise would of been adopted?

5. are you pro life when it comes to the desperate woman who seek out back alley or self induced abortions. are their deaths justified because babies were saved by removing safe abortions?
1. Yes.

2. By tracking and closing down illegal abortion providers and by prosecuting women who get illegal abortions.

3. Yes, as long as the option of abstinence and the current child support laws are taught as a part of the comprehensive sex ed curriculum.

4. Yes, as long as the taxes of the rich/wealthy are raised as well.

5. Yes--I would try to discourage these women from getting illegal abortions.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:26 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
The Salon article is interesting and most commenters there disagree with her - at a level of discourse that puts C-D posters to shame. Her argument is that pro-choicers shouldn't argue about when life begins, it begins at conception, but that it doesn't trump a woman's right an abortion at any stage of development. Most commenters at "that liberal outhouse" disagree.

So what if abortion ends life? - I believe that life starts at conception. And it's never stopped me from being pro-choice -Salon.com

Old 08-18-2013, 12:28 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurist110 View Post
This might be an appeal to hypocrisy fallacy.
Oh, I'm more than happy to "debate" you geniuses on your premises. The problem is that after I pose a few logical questions, you run and hide. Therefore, what I usually like to do is put lie to your self-labeling as "pro-life" people.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:29 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
2. By tracking and closing down illegal abortion providers and by prosecuting women who get illegal abortions.
Would you charge them with murder? Have them face a life sentence or the death penalty? Anything less weakens your argument that abortion is murder.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The Salon article is interesting and most commenters there disagree with her - at a level of discourse that puts C-D posters to shame. Her argument is that pro-choicers shouldn't argue about when life begins, it begins at conception, but that it doesn't trump a woman's right an abortion at any stage of development. Most commenters at "that liberal outhouse" disagree.

So what if abortion ends life? - I believe that life starts at conception. And it's never stopped me from being pro-choice -Salon.com
Human life begins long before conception. This is why I repeatedly ask anti-privacy folks why they arbitrarily select conception as the point to confer rights. They never have a remotely intelligent response.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:39 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,866,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Perhaps its just too bad their mothers didnt use abortion. I wonder if they would freely give up their lives if their mothers had the power to go back in time and chose to abort them instead. Something tells me they would be singing a different tune. If they value their own lives, then they should value the lives of those not given a chance because you sad pathetic people dont want to take responsibility for your actions. How dare you have to be inconvenienced.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper
That was my first thought when I read your title. From the precious little I've seen of him, where was abortion when his mother was pregnant?

He is an example of precisely why abortion wouldn't always be a bad thing, imo.
... are you guys satire, or are you just gunning for the "hypocrite of the day" award?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Oh, I'm more than happy to "debate" you geniuses on your premises. The problem is that after I pose a few logical questions, you run and hide. Therefore, what I usually like to do is put lie to your self-labeling as "pro-life" people.
First of all, I never claimed to be a genius. Secondly, please ask all of your questions again. I would be willing to answer all of them to the best of my ability.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Would you charge them with murder? Have them face a life sentence or the death penalty? Anything less weakens your argument that abortion is murder.
I don't think that I ever claimed that abortion is murder (at least not in all cases). I'm tempted to say that I would charge them with something such as manslaughter (since many women do not have malice when getting abortions), and they would have the opportunity to get all charges against them dropped if they told the police/authorities the name(s) of their abortion provider(s) and fully cooperated with the police investigation against these providers.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
First of all, I never claimed to be a genius. Secondly, please ask all of your questions again. I would be willing to answer all of them to the best of my ability.
I've done it here multiple times in multiple threads and the results are always the same. Frankly, I don't have much interest in taking those laps around the park today. I already posted one of the questions in a post a few above this one. Knock yourself out.

Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Human life begins long before conception. This is why I repeatedly ask anti-privacy folks why they arbitrarily select conception as the point to confer rights. They never have a remotely intelligent response.
LOL! Human sperm and human eggs are the body parts of the man and the woman, respectively. They have the man's and the woman's (respectively) DNA, et cetera. At the point of conception/fertilization, a new individual/entity/organism with its own unique DNA combination is created, after which point it begins to embark on the process of human development.

This is similar to a whole car being more/greater than the sum of all of its parts separately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies