Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:13 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,672,549 times

Advertisements

Pretty amazing to watch the die hard republicons squirm their way around this one... I love fiction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 06:17 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Pretty amazing to watch the die hard republicons squirm they way around this one... I love fiction.
Any good news is bad news when you've invested so much time and energy into wanting Obama to fail.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:19 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Any good news is bad news when you've invested so much time and energy into wanting Obama to fail.
personally, i could care less what happens to obama but i sure don't want our country to fail.

but tell me is this good news?

America's newest veterans are filing for disability benefits at a historic rate, claiming to be the most medically and mentally troubled generation of former troops the nation has ever seen.

A staggering 45 percent of the 1.6 million veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are now seeking compensation for injuries they say are service-related. That is more than double the estimate of 21 percent who filed such claims after the Gulf War in the early 1990s, top government officials told The Associated Press.

What's more, these new veterans are claiming eight to nine ailments on average, and the most recent ones over the last year are claiming 11 to 14. By comparison, Vietnam veterans are currently receiving compensation for fewer than four, on average, and those from World War II and Korea, just two.

or the quadrupling of disability claims in the country, to the point where 1 in 16 people are now on disability?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
personally, i could care less what happens to obama but i sure don't want our country to fail.

but tell me is this good news?

America's newest veterans are filing for disability benefits at a historic rate, claiming to be the most medically and mentally troubled generation of former troops the nation has ever seen.

A staggering 45 percent of the 1.6 million veterans from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are now seeking compensation for injuries they say are service-related. That is more than double the estimate of 21 percent who filed such claims after the Gulf War in the early 1990s, top government officials told The Associated Press.

What's more, these new veterans are claiming eight to nine ailments on average, and the most recent ones over the last year are claiming 11 to 14. By comparison, Vietnam veterans are currently receiving compensation for fewer than four, on average, and those from World War II and Korea, just two.

or the quadrupling of disability claims in the country, to the point where 1 in 16 people are now on disability?
What does that have to do with the dow being at 14,000? Ohh yah...you want to whine about Obama.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:27 PM

Quote:
What does that have to do with the dow being at 14,000? Ohh yah...you want to whine about Obama.
do you not understand "connecting the dots"?

we keep hearing all this wall street how great it is "mumbo jumbo", but main street is having a particularly bad time.

look at today's newspaper in south florida, on the increase in food stamps:

Meanwhile, the number of people on food stamps in Broward and Palm Beach counties has almost tripled since the Great Recession began in December 2007, when only 162,860 were on the program in the two counties.

Statewide, the number of people on food stamps rose 8 percent in 2012 in Florida to more than 3.6 million people, according to DCF data.

The increase was even higher in South Florida.

The number of food stamp recipients jumped to 193,576 -- nearly 14 percent more in Palm Beach County from December 2011 to last month -- while the county's jobless rate dropped to 8 percent last month.

Broward, with an improving 6.7 percent unemployment rate in December, still had an 11 percent increase in food stamp us with almost 286,000 people receiving the food aid in December.

so clearly either people are cheating the system or they aren't making enough to support themselves, so what good is this for average america?

not only that, but look at all the money printing just to keep us at this lousy level-pulling yet more productivity from the private sector?

don't you get it?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:29 PM

Quote:
do you not understand connecting the dots?

we keep hearing all this wall street is doing great "mumbo jumbo", but main street is having a particularly bad time.

Meanwhile, the number of people on food stamps in Broward and Palm Beach counties has almost tripled since the Great Recession began in December 2007, when only 162,860 were on the program in the two counties.Statewide, the number of people on food stamps rose 8 percent in 2012 in Florida to more than 3.6 million people, according to DCF data. The increase was even higher in South Florida. (i wonder why?)

The number of food stamp recipients jumped to 193,576 -- nearly 14 percent more in Palm Beach County from December 2011 to last month -- while the county's jobless rate dropped to 8 percent last month. Broward, with an improving 6.7 percent unemployment rate in December, still had an 11 percent increase in food stamp us with almost 286,000 people receiving the food aid in December.

so clearly either people are cheating the system or they aren't making enough to support themselves, so what good is this for average america?

not only that, but look at all the lousy money printing just to keep us at this lousy level-pulling yet more productivity from the private sector, and piling on debt.

just watch how great wall street does when their "juice" is turned off.

don't you get it?

Old 02-01-2013, 06:39 PM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No, they like Uncle Ben pumping $85 billion per month into the system.
Yea but who says they have to go long??? Right now their luring in the sheep to be sheared then they short the crap out of everything right before a big event....

Like for instance some war in the middle east.... Cant actually have those defense cuts, no way no how....

Old 02-01-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
do you not understand connecting the dots?

we keep hearing all this wall street is doing great "mumbo jumbo", but main street is having a particularly bad time.

Meanwhile, the number of people on food stamps in Broward and Palm Beach counties has almost tripled since the Great Recession began in December 2007, when only 162,860 were on the program in the two counties.Statewide, the number of people on food stamps rose 8 percent in 2012 in Florida to more than 3.6 million people, according to DCF data. The increase was even higher in South Florida. (i wonder why?)

The number of food stamp recipients jumped to 193,576 -- nearly 14 percent more in Palm Beach County from December 2011 to last month -- while the county's jobless rate dropped to 8 percent last month. Broward, with an improving 6.7 percent unemployment rate in December, still had an 11 percent increase in food stamp us with almost 286,000 people receiving the food aid in December.

not only that, but look at all the lousy money printing just to keep us at this lousy level-pulling yet more productivity from the private sector, and piling on debt.

just watch how great wall street does when their "juice" is turned off.

don't you get it?
Ok. I see your paranoia...in stereo too. You might want to start a thread and call it, " my paranoia, let me count the ways." Enjoy when the dow hits its all time high.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Corporate profits are actually either at or near record highs while most of them are sitting on mountains of cash right now. There is a sound basis for high stock market share prices right now.
Only if they are paying it out as dividends. Future earnings and profits - that's the driver.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:28 AM

Quote:
Ok. I see your paranoia...in stereo too. You might want to start a thread and call it, " my paranoia, let me count the ways." Enjoy when the dow hits its all time high.
are these people paranoid also?

•Another 1.5 million Americans were forced onto food stamps during 2012, bringing the total increase to 17 million since Obama assumed office. With 47.5 million depending on assistance to feed them, a full 20% of all households in the U.S. are dependent on this program, costing taxpayers $76 billion, versus $34 billion in 2008. Another 4.8 million have joined the ranks of the disabled since 2009, with a dramatic surge when the 99 week unemployment benefits began to run out.

so surely the dow should naturally go up with all this good news-right????

i think we can all see the disconnect between wall street and main street-and no doubt there are profiteers in those who manipulate markets, but i wouldn't jump up and down just yet.

i remember when people thought they made a killing in housing, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies