Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:17 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times

Advertisements

Looks like their utopia of a gun free world where criminals will all of a sudden decide to obey laws could have some bumps in the road. Maybe congress will actually take the advice of Dirty Harry and read what is in the legislation before voting on it instead of listening to San Fran Nan. Did somebody slip Dirty Harry a common sense pill?? More likely he wants more NRA money and his dem buddies up for election next cycle can't afford to go all in gun grabber.

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to voice support for Democratic legislation that would ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Reid said he would bring gun-violence legislation to the floor and open it to a lengthy amendment process. But he declined to endorse the assault weapons ban introduced last week by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), which has the support of the 2nd- and 3rd-ranking Senate Democratic leaders.“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons. The new one. She believes in it fervently and I admire her for that. I’ll take a look at that,” he said in response to a reporter's question. “We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns, and I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.”

Read more: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban - The Hill

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:24 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Reid doesn't want to be responsible for losing the Dem majority in 2014. Feinstein apparently doesn't care.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:29 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Reid worries about his seat and nothing else.
Nevada and his past with the NRA is what's going to keep him ON THE FENCE.
He won't take a stand one way or another.

Notice he didn't say Feinstein's bill could be added as an amendment. First he said there would be no votes on bans and then said the bill would be open to all amendments which now includes Feinstein's ban.

He's just being his usually slimy self and working about his own *ss and making sure he gets back to DC come next election.
Appease all, commit to none and stay blameless.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:35 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,474 times
Guess the paranoid gun freaks will have to find something new to be scared of, like many have said before no way would feinein's bill ever actually go through but hey keep up the paranoia

Old 02-04-2013, 08:38 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Guess the paranoid gun freaks will have to find something new to be scared of, like many have said before no way would feinein's bill ever actually go through but hey keep up the paranoia
It's more about Reid and his lack of principals than gun freak paranoia.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Guess you did not read the story, because harry wil not endorse the bill does not mean they won't vote on it....which will happen...read the story...

Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Guess you did not read the story, because harry wil not endorse the bill does not mean they won't vote on it....which will happen...read the story...
Only in the paranoid mind of a right winger would something like this pass, especially considering I have no doubt about it that republicans will do everything they can to block it.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
Only in the paranoid mind of a right winger would something like this pass, especially considering I have no doubt about it that republicans will do everything they can to block it.
I'm not worried about the entire bill passing, if 1 single thing passes, that is one more thing that I cannot do, which also does nothing to the criminal....

Old 02-04-2013, 09:50 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Looks like their utopia of a gun free world where criminals will all of a sudden decide to obey laws could have some bumps in the road. Maybe congress will actually take the advice of Dirty Harry and read what is in the legislation before voting on it instead of listening to San Fran Nan. Did somebody slip Dirty Harry a common sense pill?? More likely he wants more NRA money and his dem buddies up for election next cycle can't afford to go all in gun grabber.

"Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) on Tuesday declined to voice support for Democratic legislation that would ban assault weapons and high-capacity ammunition clips.

Reid said he would bring gun-violence legislation to the floor and open it to a lengthy amendment process. But he declined to endorse the assault weapons ban introduced last week by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), which has the support of the 2nd- and 3rd-ranking Senate Democratic leaders.“She’s talked to me about her assault weapons. The new one. She believes in it fervently and I admire her for that. I’ll take a look at that,” he said in response to a reporter's question. “We’re going to have votes on all kinds of issues dealing with guns, and I think everyone would be well advised to read the legislation before they determine how they’re going to vote [on] it.”

Read more: Reid declines to endorse Feinstein's assault-weapons ban - The Hill
Reid owes RKBA advocates in position of political power who control the money out West for his 2010 win. We are the reason that lunatic GOP candidate lost, not the hotel workers in Vegas like many people believe.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:58 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's more about Reid and his lack of principals than gun freak paranoia.
I agree. This is a kind of move I expect from Reid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies