Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,963,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The standoff in Alabama is over after six days where Jimmy Lee Dykes decided to assert his 2nd Amendment rights to murder a school bus driver, abduct a child, then take the child back to his survival bunker in the dirt.

Thank God we have FBI and BATF agents to protect us from this scum. I'd like to hear from the 2A apologists here about how his rights were probably trampled. Go ahead...

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/05/us...doff.html?_r=0

Just what in the hell does this have to do with 2nd amendment rights? It is complete ignorance like this that makes you gun grabbers look totally stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 05:25 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,215,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The guy had a chip on his shoulder and a death wish.

Too bad the bus driver and the child were not armed.
Sending 5 year olds armed to school would is a disaster waiting to happen.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,329,632 times
I'm happy the kid's okay. I'd be happier still if the old coot was still alive as well; I take no pleasure in the destruction of human beings. But, in the end, it was the crazy old geezer's call. Nice going, law enforcement.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
You say that now, because it turned out well. Had the child been killed, you and others would be the first condemning the police and saying, "Why didn't they wait longer? There would have been no harm in that."
I can't speak for Dale, but I'll speak for myself.

I told my husband earlier today, "They're going to have to do something. Every minute that little boy is down there, he's at a higher risk. At some point, the parents are going to need to give emergency workers the go ahead to storm that bunker - and they're just going to have to accept that if their little boy is hurt or killed, then at least he's not suffering anymore or going to die at the hands of the monster who kidnapped him."

What a terrible situation for all involved. I just thank God that little boy is safe now.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM

6,476 posts, read 7,329,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Good.

Something for the next kidnapper who wants to murder a bus driver, to keep in mind.
If only. Whackjobs like this creep don't think about things like this beforehand.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:29 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,963,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
It's all over the news. I'm sure it's all we'll see the rest of today.

Thank God.

Great news.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM

67,650 posts, read 61,031,769 times
My hat's off to the law enforcement agencies who rescued this precious child. What a tense, tricky operation it had to have been.

By the way, the "redneck dirtbag" was NOT exercising his 2A rights when he murdered and kidnapped others. Those actions are not protected by the Second Amendment. I can't believe I even have to clarify this for anyone.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:30 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,427,366 times
I bet they have more pictures than they do of Osama Bin Laden's death. :grin:

Good for them. He was a nut.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:31 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,685,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Sending 5 year olds armed to school would is a disaster waiting to happen.

No, in the old days walking to school through the woods, my grand father grew up to be the one to carry the rifle. The younger were always protected by the older until they had shot enough to have their own rifle.

We had guns in our lockers at school, and that was in the late 70's early 80's.

So, look where we have come? What would be the cause of a deteriorating society, of disrespectful and out of control individuals?

The family unit! It is all but gone.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:32 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,514,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Just what in the hell does this have to do with 2nd amendment rights? It is complete ignorance like this that makes you gun grabbers look totally stupid.
Read my post above on why this is a 2A issue. By enabling his possession of firearms, you share the blood of his victims on your hands. When you talk about how the 2A protects you from "government tyranny", the reality is some angry old coot hole'd up in a bunker hiding behind a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies