Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 04:35 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Most of the victims are gangbangers or criminals. I doubt they would qualify for permits. Not to mention that many of them already have guns. I have nothing against conceal and carry, but I don't see how this would impact the current shootings.

FYI Calling me a gun grabber isn't a good argument
Easy-peasy, once the criminals apply for their conceal carry permit, and they fail their background check.... then we grab them.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:38 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Most of the victims are gangbangers or criminals. I doubt they would qualify for permits. Not to mention that many of them already have guns. I have nothing against conceal and carry, but I don't see how this would impact the current shootings.

well, murder zones also known as schools sure as heck have not worked. having law abiding citizens being able to have ccw for themselves might acyually work. having no ccw hasnt worked at all.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:07 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,482,709 times
Announcing that police cannot respond is an invitation for the criminals to start victimizing the general public more.

Once the public in general starts becoming victims they will cry for help. People like Jesse Jackson will succeed in calling for DHS to enact martial law in Chicago.

This will be the "test" city to show the rest of the country how well it works and also as a political test to gauge reaction from the rest of the country.

....Welcome to 1984!

Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Default Majority of Chicago shooting victims are criminals

O P, think about what you've typed here.

The victims are criminals?

How are children CRIMINALS?

Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,346,222 times
Quote:

And......every single one of these shootings is lumped into the stats of how many people are shot in the country. These stats are then used by the anti gun crowd to call for gun control. These same shootings are now being cited to make some lame attempt to show that owning a gun wouldn't make one safer. It just keeps getting better......

Old 02-06-2013, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Stolen guns account for a small percentage of guns used in crimes. The largest percentage of guns used by criminals comes from straw purchases. The solution is background checks on all gun sales/transfers... whether private or through a licensed firearm dealer. Also, strengthen straw purchase laws and actually start enforcing them to the fullest extent of the law.
That's interesting. Can you actually cite evidence of your claims? Here in Mass. the legislature claims that straw purchases are a huge issue yet a local gun rights group searched and could not find one single case where a straw purchase was prosecuted in the state. Go figure......

Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

Finally, thank you for proving that more regulation will not work...period....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Majority of gun shot victims in Chicago are not innocent law abiding citizens. How would conceal and carry affect the number of shootings???
Obviously the strict gun control laws are not affecting the number of shootings. Your "argument" is pathetic at best.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The majority of guns used Chicago gun crimes that could be traced were from out of state. 20% were traced back to one gun shop just outside the city boundary. Chicago can't tackle it's gun problem in isolation and this is evidence that national gun laws are needed - no straw purchases and no private sales without registration.
Link or BS.....you CANNOT buy a pistol out of state....if you do, then you are already breaking the law....and so is the gun shop owner....

Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Stolen guns account for a small percentage of guns used in crimes. The largest percentage of guns used by criminals comes from straw purchases. The solution is background checks on all gun sales/transfers... whether private or through a licensed firearm dealer. Also, strengthen straw purchase laws and actually start enforcing them to the fullest extent of the law.
500 guns are stolen on a daily basis....but of course a small percentage of those 500,000 plus yearly are only used in crime....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies