Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 08:46 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
The solution is to abolish the NHS and let the free markets fix everything.
Because the free market works so well here already

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
What happens if doctors do not appreciate the retroactive denial of payments and other shenanigans of Medicare? What happens if they refuse to accept Medicare patients?
Then fix Medicare. If everyone except the throwaways of our society had it, they would be demanding better treatment. Then they refuse it, provide reasonable incentives to accept them. They do it in Britain, lots of private doctors, if not most, accept NHS patients
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

5,563 posts, read 4,265,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Typical response I would have expected. Deny, deflect, delusional.
And true.

20,054 posts, read 18,293,964 times
What about the Darwin approved Singapore model, which seems to be extremely high quality yet maintain a minimal level of care for everyone? Keep screwing up your health, they stop treating you...plus everything is private and transparent.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Because the free market works so well here already

Then fix Medicare. If everyone except the throwaways of our society had it, they would be demanding better treatment. Then they refuse it, provide reasonable incentives to accept them. They do it in Britain, lots of private doctors, if not most, accept NHS patients
What about doctors who refuse insurance of any kind? Must they accept Medicare or face arrest or fines? Why must I stand in line with old farts and poor people if I can pay for my care and bypass the queue? It sounds like you are endorsing an equivalent of a fat cat NHS system here.

We have nothing resembling a free market in this country concerning health care. Absolutely nothing related to a free market at all.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Correction: LASIK and plastic surgery are the exceptions to the "no free market in US" rule.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Quote:
What about doctors who refuse insurance of any kind? Must they accept Medicare or face arrest or fines? Why must I stand in line with old farts and poor people if I can pay for my care and bypass the queue?
They wouldn't, it's financial suicide these days. Have programs like if you treat Medicare patients, 100% of your total student loan debt will be forgiven, and other incentives like subsidized mortgages. Besides, it's not gonna be all doom and gloom. You're making mountains out of molehills with hypotheticals like these

Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,143,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Typical response I would have expected. Deny, deflect, delusional.
Try some facts. My response was 100% on topic and true.

Just because you don't like to be countered with facts, doesn't make for delusions.

What's delusional is not being able to identify the difference between what is true (facts) and what you wish to be true...

Old 02-06-2013, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
They wouldn't, it's financial suicide these days. Have programs like if you treat Medicare patients, 100% of your total student loan debt will be forgiven, and other incentives like subsidized mortgages. Besides, it's not gonna be all doom and gloom. You're making mountains out of molehills with hypotheticals like these
The doctor in our area that refuses insurance is doing excellent, so are others throughout the country. So, answer the question: do doctors who refuse insurance get fined/de-licensed for operating? If so, why? Especially if the doctor provides non-emergency general practitioner care? Do we delicense ASE certified mechanics for not offering maintenance plans on vehicles?

Old 02-06-2013, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Try some facts. My response was 100% on topic and true.

Just because you don't like to be countered with facts, doesn't make for delusions.

What's delusional is not being able to identify the difference between what is true (facts) and what you wish to be true...
Problem is that we're not talking about the US, we're talking about NHS. Does the US employ NHS? If not, your response has nothing to do with the topic.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:59 AM

Quote:
The doctor in our area that refuses insurance is doing excellent, so are others throughout the country. So, answer the question: do doctors who refuse insurance get fined/de-licensed for operating? If so, why? Especially if the doctor provides non-emergency general practitioner care?
So you take a sample size of one, and extrapolate it across all ~3.8M square miles of USA territory?

No. They do not.

If you're a veteran, current serving member of the military, retired member of the military (as in you put in 20+ years), or Congressman than yes, you have an NHS system of care to avail yourself of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies