Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,430,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
So still no reply. Why is it that so often gun control advocates seem unable to engage in interactive debate? They're fine as long as they can hurl out arguments on a one way basis, like a NYT editorial, or an NBC nightly news broadcast. But as soon as there is interaction required, they scurry away.

I think it goes back to the fact that most of their knowledge in this area comes from Hollywood imagery. They are unable to process facts and logic, only images. I think it also portends well for the future of the gun rights debate. The days of one-way communication are over.

Maybe it's because the gun nuts say really dumb stuff like if you know how many guns you own then you don't have enough
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2013, 08:14 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Maybe it's because the gun nuts say really dumb stuff like if you know how many guns you own then you don't have enough
Do you say the same of those who say "never enough toys" as in atv's, boats,motorcycles etc.....why should you care what people collect?

Old 02-10-2013, 08:39 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
Logical? I'll tell you what's logical, studying those other countries to find out why their gun death rates are so low.

They don't have a 13% minority that murders six times as often as other races.

http://wmbriggs.com/blog/?p=5969

The same situation exists in the UK.

Metropolitan Police crime statistics reveal violent criminals are mostly black - and so are their victims | Mail Online

Old 02-11-2013, 04:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInHouston View Post
NRA's enemies list: Most of America - CNN.com

I really dislike that the fear-mongers over at the NRA use their propaganda machine to make the gun debate a black or white issue when most Americans see it somewhere in the middle. I have no desire to see all guns banned... but I do think we need common sense regulation solutions similar to what we find in the vast majority of wealthy, civilized countries.
They are in business of raising money, and in order to be successful in it they need enemies. When people think they are under attack, they will loosen up their purse strings and donate. This is what they do, and have done for a long time.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:13 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Yet it's not law abiding citizens doing all this shooting is it............
First, I am referring to Malamute and other posters on this board who regularly threaten the rest of us with their arsenals. I'm sure they're law-abiding citizens. In their own minds, anyway.

Second, most mass shootings are perpetrated by people who were law-abiding citizens, until they weren't. That, of course, is the hypocrisy of the gun fondler argument. Hey, if a few dozen children, movie-goers and shoppers have to be shredded by gunfire to prove that so-and-so is NOT a law-abiding citizen, that's just the price we have to pay for your right to own p***s substitutes, right?

Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh, I dunno, maybe because you law-abiding gun owners keep threatening mass murder to protect your p***s substitutes?

I've seen some laughable excuses for why an OP can't come back to defend a point that has been challenged, but this one takes the cake. But anyway, thanks for providing a good example of how anti-gun-nuts are utterly unable to deal in logic and facts. They get everything they know about guns from Holllywood, which of course means largely imagery. Give 'em facts and logic, and they literally can't process it. They process images only.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:43 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
You do realize that is just hyperbole? But let's say for the sake of argument that it is 'dumb stuff' as you say. So if someone, somewhere said something dumb, it somehow follows that OP cannot defend a point he/she made, upon being challenged??? Huh???

Old 02-11-2013, 05:53 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
How are you determining this is a hit list from NRA........I see no emblems, nothing in your article resembles NRA letterhead. You really thought NRA members would fall for some fools idea of a hit list.
From other videos that have been shown CNN isn't past making stuff up.....
You people are funny, here you go. I assume you will now agree that they are completely insane, padded room type insane. Rather stunning that they kept this up on their site for over a month after Sandy Hook. The AMA , YWCA, Central Conference of American Rabbis,

I mean come on where was Al Quaeda, boy scouts

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- A controversial list of 494 people and organizations that the National Rifle Association considered "anti-gun," and which received significant media attention in recent weeks, has apparently been removed from the gun lobbying group's website.
The list was posted online Sept. 17, 2012, but on Monday, clicking on the page that once housed the list brought up a note reading "Page Not Found." The Internet archive "Wayback Machine" captured an image of the page as it looked in late January.

NRA Anti-Gun List Missing From Gun Group's Website (UPDATE)

NRA-ILA | National Organizations With Anti-Gun Po

Old 03-05-2013, 05:33 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,387,686 times
You're forgetting one of the worst antis - one of the wealthiest loons on the planet in Michael Bloomberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies