Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 02:32 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Thanks for putting words in my mouth

It has nothing to do with religion, it has to do with kids of all backgrounds not being raised properly

Learn to read next time
My mistake. We're talking about God in the schools and you said it was to promote morality. I'll try to learn to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM

3,345 posts, read 3,077,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
LOL Just what I thought. You have no proof of your opinion based on anecdotal evidence.
Do a study then......(as for anecdotal evidence, Libs have made a living of this)...... until then go around like a zombie glued to an I Phone like a good conformist

Old 02-06-2013, 02:33 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,433,497 times
I think it's part what many have said already, make the kids be Christian regardless of what they or their parents want, but it's also to portray themselves as victims. As if the Christian child who wanted to say a short prayer before a test or say grace before lunch would get in trouble

Old 02-06-2013, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
My mistake. We're talking about God in the schools and you said it was to promote morality. I'll try to learn to read.
I was trying to clarify what is meant when some people say "we need to bring God back". I know many people who say this when they mean bring morals back.....

Old 02-06-2013, 02:35 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times
Quote:
Not that far.... how about the antiquated concept of just respecting other kids and teachers and other moral behavior which is laughed at by a vocal group of people these days

I think many are talking about morals and not making kids pray when they talk about bring god back and such
What moral behavior are you talking about?

Teaching kids the biblical creation story as scientific fact?

Teaching kids that it is OK to harass, bully and discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:36 PM

256 posts, read 207,244 times
Quote:
It is not about forcing religion..... why the deflection? Why not admit that kids are not being raised correctly at home and this spills over into the schools. When someone says they need God in the schools, they are wording it wrong, they should be saying 'we need morals to return" and morals are demonstrated by both religious and non religious

I am sure I will get bashed for using the word moral though by a select few
Who exactly should be the arbiter of what morals get taught?

Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
What moral behavior are you talking about?

Teaching kids the biblical creation story as scientific fact?

Teaching kids that it is OK to harass, bully and discriminate against people based on their sexual orientation?
Learn..... to...... read...... my...... posts

Me? I say kids need to respect other kids and their teachers. Need more of that, that is moral behavior I am referring to. It has nothing really to do with religion, just decent parenting

Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartanguy View Post
Who exactly should be the arbiter of what morals get taught?
What is right and what is wrong? I am sure that the vast majority would agree on these things. You really are dense......

Old 02-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,922,320 times
Quote:
Learn..... to...... read...... my...... posts

Me? I say kids need to respect other kids and their teachers. Need more of that, that is moral behavior I am referring to. It has nothing really to do with religion, just decent parenting
OK, please explain how putting god back in the schools is connected to respecting peers and teachers.

Old 02-06-2013, 02:42 PM

538 posts, read 1,013,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Do you object to them teaching your child that gravity or germs are real?
Are those fact?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies