Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:26 AM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times

Advertisements

I love the paranoid Leftist tinfoil hatters-

"They're gonna steal our birth control!

LoL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 12:53 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
You mean the same vaginal probe that EVERY WOMEN who actually gets an abortion is subjected to?

They sure don't just wave a voodoo wand over the woman's body and the baby is aborted.
You've ever heard of chemically induced abortions? Probably not. Not that it matters, because the argument is stupid on the face of it.

Either every woman who gets an abortion gets a transvaginal ultrasound already because it's medically necessary, making the law completely superfluous. Or they don't, which makes the law - well, odious is a mild word.

So - it appears we can put you in the "the law is superfluous" column? That OK?

Old 02-07-2013, 12:55 PM

881 posts, read 2,092,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - it appears we can put you in the "the law is superfluous" column? That OK?
Works for me, as much "law" is just that - superfluous. Hasn't stopped lawmakers of any stripe from "doing something".

Old 02-07-2013, 03:24 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
They have apparently seen the stupidity of their ways:

Michigan GOP Backs Off Transvaginal Ultrasound Bill | TPMDC

Old 02-08-2013, 09:26 AM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayess1 View Post
Works for me, as much "law" is just that - superfluous. Hasn't stopped lawmakers of any stripe from "doing something".
So - just a power trip? The legislators feel within their rights to overrule both the doctor's medical expertise and the patient's right to refuse a procedure, to make some sort of (slightly perverse) point? And they call themselves conservatives?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:52 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What is the Republican obsession with the vagina?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Are the Dems trying to rape you with a 10" probe? Against your will?
What idiotic statements that sound straight from the far-left Democrat scare tactics.

Anyone who has had children in the last several years knows the transvaginal ultrasound is the only way to see the baby that early. The stomach ultrasounds like what you see on television or movies don't come until later in the pregnancy.

And last time I checked, it wasn't the Romney campaign that urged us to vote with "lady parts" in mind...

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
how does a legislator know what constitutes making an informed decision better than a doctor does?
How doesn't he? Doctors know medicine. They don't know anything more about what an informed decision is than you or I do. That's not a medical question. The doctor is simply being required to provide additional information to the woman, who is then free to make whichever decision she wants.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM

3,382 posts, read 8,651,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Very funny.

It's a common test for various conditions but it's no fun, just like annual exams are no fun and prostate exams are no fun. Calling it rape is over the top but it should not be required in order to have an abortion.
If anything I think its good. I assume most women who are having an abortion have not been seeing a standard obgyn, and its probably good to have a decent check up before something like an abortion. My wife had it with our kids early on in the pregnancy.

What are the left worried about? The mother seeing and hearing a "growth" that is not life. If anything its a good education of what is going on, and may deter them from doing it again, by having more personal responsibility and not getting pregnant beforehand.

I had a nurse basically swab the back of my brain through my nose yesterday at the doc. It was one of the most uncomfortable things I have experienced at any docotr(and I have had cancer and several surgeries)

But the doctor needed info to see how to treat me, should I have demanded whatever I wanted and gotten them, even if ineffective? He treated me properly and I already feel better.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited by MustangEater82; 02-08-2013 at 10:07 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 10:13 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
How doesn't he? Doctors know medicine. They don't know anything more about what an informed decision is than you or I do. That's not a medical question. The doctor is simply being required to provide additional information to the woman, who is then free to make whichever decision she wants.
Really? Doctors don't know what an informed decision is? I'm sure that would come as a shock to physicians everywhere who help their patients come to medical decisions regarding treatment every single day.

You also seem to think that a doctor is incapable of providing basic information, as in--"Yes, you are pregnant. And in case you are mentally deficient and don't understand what that means, it means that you are going to have a baby."--without performing an invasive procedure. You honestly believe a vaginal probe is necessary in order to inform the patient that she's pregnant?

Old 02-08-2013, 10:17 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
What is the Republican obsession with the vagina?

I found some magazines by the creek when I was only 8 I think. I now have to admit I was a young Republican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies