Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2013, 01:04 PM

910 posts, read 1,319,404 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Its the LAPD.

Whether this guy exists or not they will continue killing innocent people...

That's the Joke - YouTube

Old 02-10-2013, 02:10 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
It's not just the government offering the cash. From the article I linked:

The city of Los Angeles, law enforcement organizations, private groups and anonymous donors have all contributed to the reward fund, according to law enforcement sources familiar with the investigation. Authorities have already raised $500,000 with a goal of $1 million or more.

I just don't know what to make of this entire story. The guy serves honorably in the military. Joins the LAPD, supposedly observes his Training Officer kicking a guy in the head, is warned not to say anything about it and doesn't until he receives a negative job performance from the same Training Officer. He then goes over her head, the PD investigates, finds that the allegations were unsubstatiated, and the cop gets fired. Because of that episode he is honorably discharged from the naval reserves. And then he blows a head gasket.

1. Can officers of the LAPD be fired for simply alleging misconduct by another officer?

2. I don't believe for one moment that he would leave weapons in the truck when he supposedly abandoned it.

3. Is the LAPD so edgy about this guy that they would shoot up a truck that they thought was his, and whose two occupants were women? What happened to target aquisition?

4. Why would he supposedly burn his truck? Anyone in the area would report a truck on fire. Instead, an empty truck could mean hikers, hunters, back country campers were out there and nobody would think twice about it until it had been up there for a couple of days.

5. Would they treat such an important piece of evidence as the burned out truck so carelessly that they don't even know if a broken axle happened before or after they towed it off the mountain?

6. Who are the private groups and anonymous donars helping to make up the million dollars? When was the last time you saw a million dollar bounty on a guy who had killed three people? Yes he's made theats against a bunch of people. If I were one of them I would be blowing out of town until he was captured (likely killed).

At first I thought he was simply a guy overly invested in his career. When he lost his career he lost his identity and jumped over the edge.

The LAPD has a history of corruption and racial tension. They seem to be bending over backwards to get him to come in. "Come in and we'll reinvesigate your allegations" - not for the benefit of the ex-cop, but for the benefit of the community because transparency is paramount.

I can't put the pieces of this thing together, but something doesn't feel right about it. I don't know what, and maybe it is just a guy who lost it, but something doesn't feel right.
I appreciate your post and you looking at things objectively.

What doesn't feel right, IMO, is the credibility of the LAPD. I think their move to re-investigate his claim is just to save face so that further investigations don't take place.

I can't speak for LAPD, but I can tell you this about other officers. They kill people (not just in random shootings, but they actually kill some criminals). Extortion. Some are involved in the drug trade. You have rampant police brutality. Falsifying documents.

If there really was in independent investigation into the police department, you'd have officers, lieutenents, and captains going to jail.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:13 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I appreciate your post and you looking at things objectively.

What doesn't feel right, IMO, is the credibility of the LAPD. I think their move to re-investigate his claim is just to save face so that further investigations don't take place.

I can't speak for LAPD, but I can tell you this about other officers. They kill people (not just in random shootings, but they actually kill some criminals). Extortion. Some are involved in the drug trade. You have rampant police brutality. Falsifying documents.

If there really was in independent investigation into the police department, you'd have officers, lieutenents, and captains going to jail.
Don't forget about the infamous "testilying..."

Old 02-10-2013, 02:36 PM

6,262 posts, read 5,072,162 times
Camping Gear Found in Ex-Cop’s Burned Truck | TIME.com
They found camping equipment along with the weapons in the burned out truck.

Also from the article:

Also, newly released surveillance video showed Dorner tossing several items into a Dumpster behind an auto parts store in National City on Monday. The store’s manager told FOX5 in San Diego that an employee found a magazine full of bullets, a military belt and a military helmet. Majid Yahyai said he and the employee took the items across the street to a police station.

Old 02-10-2013, 02:44 PM

Ahahaha sweet Jebus the Keystone Kops just keep on truckin' in El Lay:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Quote:
David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue's attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He's several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

"I don't want to use the word buffoonery but it really is unbridled police lawlessness," said Robert Sheahen, Perdue's attorney. "These people need training and they need restraint."
Where do they find these idiots?

Old 02-10-2013, 02:47 PM

Looks like the LAPD and surrounding departments have greenlit everyone driving pickup trucks.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:07 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,131,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Pederman View Post
Ahahaha sweet Jebus the Keystone Kops just keep on truckin' in El Lay:

Police seeking Dorner opened fire in a second case of mistaken identity - latimes.com

Where do they find these idiots?
That's just ridiculous. This time they stop somebody, question them, and THEN ram the guy and start shooting at him???

The LAPD's demons are coming home to roost. I'm glad everybody is getting to see exactly what they are made of. A bunch of incompetent cowards.

Old 02-10-2013, 03:22 PM

13,609 posts, read 21,399,012 times
A member of THR and author of a thread gave me permission to link it here. The member trains firearm use and has dealings with cops and various PD. He gave some insight to a form of corruption that seems to happen too often in the LAPD. Other cops posted opinions in the thread as well.

How the LAPD Lost my Trust - THR

quote; I had numerous students who had dealings with the LAPD. I started hearing stories about how guns were seized, even if there were no crime involved. If an officer came across a gun, it was seized, and it would not be returned until the LAPD received a court order demanding that it be returned. As hiring a lawyer to obtain a court order could easily cost thousands of dollars, very few people even tried, as the cost was far more than the firearms were worth. This is legalized theft.

quote: "The crowning moment came for me when I was describing the practice to a class of students, and one of them said "My brother is an LAPD police officer, and he has an amazing collection of firearms. Citizens just gave them to him to dispose of."

This is the stuff of third world dictatorships"

Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 PM

2,256 posts, read 2,131,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A member of THR and author of a thread gave me permission to link it here. The member trains firearm use and has dealings with cops and various PD. He gave some insight to a form of corruption that seems to happen too often in the LAPD. Other cops posted opinions in the thread as well.

How the LAPD Lost my Trust - THR

quote; I had numerous students who had dealings with the LAPD. I started hearing stories about how guns were seized, even if there were no crime involved. If an officer came across a gun, it was seized, and it would not be returned until the LAPD received a court order demanding that it be returned. As hiring a lawyer to obtain a court order could easily cost thousands of dollars, very few people even tried, as the cost was far more than the firearms were worth. This is legalized theft.

quote: "The crowning moment came for me when I was describing the practice to a class of students, and one of them said "My brother is an LAPD police officer, and he has an amazing collection of firearms. Citizens just gave them to him to dispose of."

This is the stuff of third world dictatorships"
Lol. Scratch a thief, find a cop...

Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
Indeed.

Even if this all goes south, this man's actions proves that resisting the govt is ridiculously easy.

One person has effectively paralyzed the regions police force.

Imagine thousands of people, with support.

Lol...

Hmmmmmm "The Revolution Will Not Be Televised!" -----Last Poets
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies