Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 07:39 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times

Advertisements

WAYNE ALLYN ROOT: Barack Obama: The great jobs killer - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

Quote:
With his massive spending and tax hikes -- rewarding big government and big unions, while punishing taxpayers and business owners -- Obama has killed jobs, he has killed motivation to create new jobs, he has killed the motivation to invest in new businesses, or expand old ones.

Obama is as hopeless, helpless, clueless and bankrupt of good ideas as the manager of the Chicago Cubs in late September. This "community organizer" knows as much about private-sector jobs as Pamela Anderson knows about nuclear physics.
This guy has it right on the money.

Do read the rest, it is a very informed piece, full of truth.

The only idea the democrats have is to raise taxes to deal with their increased spending.

They never, ever, never think to cut back on spending, they always try and move the spending bar higher and higher and higher and then tell us we're in trouble, gotta raise taxes now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 07:43 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
It's a pure opinion piece, sanrene, with no footnotes or any sort of attribution.

I have an opinion, too, just as valid as his, but I'm not a shill.

Do you have an article with any substance and maybe a few statistics?

Old 07-05-2010, 07:45 AM

His opinion is backed up by facts on the ground, like lack of jobs. Why is business not hiring? Obama's policies and rhetoric. Why are consumers not spending? Obama's policies and taxes coming down the pike.

He HAS indeed rewarded the unions for their help in electing him. He has indeed bailed out the GM and Chrysler unions, all the while screwing the original investors. All truth.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:52 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
You have to wonder if Obama and Pelosi really believe money comes from no where or if this is all part of the plan.

I know most of the followers of Obama and Pelosi really do believe that money grows on trees and no amount of government spending is too much. The followers really do believe the government can spend it's way into prosperity. The leaders of the liberals may sincerely believe this also, the debt doesn't matter in any way. The money will just show up eventually.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:00 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
WAYNE ALLYN ROOT: Barack Obama: The great jobs killer - Opinion - ReviewJournal.com

This guy has it right on the money.

Do read the rest, it is a very informed piece, full of truth.

The only idea the democrats have is to raise taxes to deal with their increased spending.

They never, ever, never think to cut back on spending, they always try and move the spending bar higher and higher and higher and then tell us we're in trouble, gotta raise taxes now.
Obama will cut spendings after the republican victory in November, because he doesn't have the choice.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:08 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Health care,amnesty, cap and trade, all legislation that is either passed or looming at a time of economic distress that our country hasn't seen in decades.

This progressive egomaniac and his fan club can't be gone soon enough.

Good read Sanrene (as usual)

Old 07-05-2010, 08:14 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,374,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Health care,amnesty, cap and trade, all legislation that is either passed or looming at a time of economic distress that our country hasn't seen in decades.

This progressive egomaniac and his fan club can't be gone soon enough.

Good read Sanrene (as usual)
Cap&Trade...I hope this thing will die ! And apparently it will die
I love green energy, I have so many expectations about solar, wind and biofuels, but it's not the good way to promote them.
Texas is the leader in wind power, without crap&trade....

Old 07-05-2010, 08:15 AM

What happened to obama's promise (of course, those promises always come with a deadline) of fiscal responsibility?

He just doesn't get it that his partisan, divisive, petty rhetoric toward business and any other entity that disagrees with his policies does nothing to increase confidence in his limited abilities.

He just doesn't get it that the passage of obamacare, and the way in which it was done, and the FACT that it will cost multiple TRILLIONS, have business and individuals not trusting a word this shyster says.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM

45,230 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenaudFR View Post
Cap&Trade...I hope this thing will die ! And apparently it will die
I love green energy, I have so many expectations about solar, wind and biofuels, but it's not the good way to promote them.
Texas is the leader in wind power, without crap&trade....
I'd also like to see alternative energy pursued, but not at the expense of $5 per gallon gas or "skyrocketing" electric bills.
The alternatives shouldn't come at the expense of the economic destruction of Americans

Old 07-05-2010, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I'd also like to see alternative energy pursued, but not at the expense of $5 per gallon gas or "skyrocketing" electric bills.
The alternatives shouldn't come at the expense of the economic destruction of Americans
But that's exactly what obama told us his policies would do, remember?

He will make coal and gas so expensive to buy and produce, electricity rates would skyrocket and coal plants would go bankrupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies