Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2013, 09:28 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,898,761 times

Advertisements

First, let me say that I don't fancy myslef a conspricy theory nutcase and don't generaly believe that there is a concious effort by anyone in the government to "control" us citizens. I do however beliee at this point, the government is preparing for something...... something big. Any ONE of the facts I'm about to outline can easily be explained or rationalized, but when putting them all together, it's quite obvious something is about to go down and it isn't going to be good. Before you write me off as just another right wing, gun loving nutcase, consider the following:

The DHS { Department of Homeland Security }, an organization that specializes in "home-grown" terrorist threats, has just awarded a company a contract worth $45,000 to provide them with 200,000 more round of ammunition, this on top of the 1.6 BILLION rounds already secured over the last 9 months. It's important to note that the ammunition being purchased is .40 cal jacketed hollow point rounds. For those of you who don't know, you DO NOT need hollow point ammo for practice or for qualifying purposes. Hollow point ammo is designed so as to "mushroom" at the point of impact, causing as much bodily damage to it's target as possible. It's not exactly for shooting pop cans or paper targets.

Quote:
• In active battle operations in Iraq, ammunition is expended at the rate of 5.5 million rounds per month.

So if an active shooting WAR between two nations uses roughly 70 million rounds of ammunition a year, if you look at the DHS acquisition of 450 million rounds of .40 ammo, you quickly come to realize this is enough for 6.4 years of active war with the American people
[
Quote:
quote]
]Back in August, the Department of Homeland Security censored information relating to the amount of bullets purchased by the DHS on behalf of Immigration & Customs Enforcement, citing an “unusual and compelling urgency” to acquire the bullets, noting that there is a shortage of bullets which is threatening a situation that could cause “substantial safety issues for the government” should law enforcement officials not be adequately armed.
The information was blacked out despite the fact that documents are only supposed to be redacted if authorized by Congress or for national security reasons
This on the heels of the DHS purchasing 7000 concealable Assault Weapons, and no, we aren't talking about the varmint rifles they are trying to ban us as citizens from owning, we are talking about the REAL kind, completely and fully automatic weapons. Remember now, that the DHS specializes in "home-grown" terrorists.

Let us not forget that the Govenment has just OK'd the use of drone strikes on American citizens it percieves as "terrorists" with NO discernable geographical limitations. This means that it can use a drone to kill a "terrorist" American deep in the mountains of Iraq, or somewhere just outside of NYC. How long before Gov't officials start labelng people they disagree with to be terrorists? How long before people like those who participated in movements like Occupy are considered a threat to national security? How long before members of grass-roots organizations like the NRA are considered terror cells?

Oh it gets better...... Have you failed to consider Obama's NDAA??? You know, that bill that allows American citizens to be held "indefinately" without due process???

Considering all of this, combined with the fact that we have a president who is hell bent on re writing our Constitution or scrapping it altogether and obviously believes it is no longer relevant and even refers to is as a "historical document", who consistantly circumvents the processes of representative government with Executive Order after Executive Order, who is absolutely determined to make sure that Americans are able to own the least powerful firearms as possible, and finally, who has pledged to "fundamentaly transform" America, how exactly can you deny the possibility that something bad is about to happen, perhaps even a... Civil War 2.0?

It's high time we as a nation wake up and realize that government is no longer our freind. They are not there to protect us, they are there to rule over us, to watch us like the nannys they so obviously think they are. WAKE UP AMERICA!!! The writing is on the wall. What exactly is it going to take to rattle you from your slumber? An actual attack by federal agents? Let me guess, you don't think this could happen eh? Yeah, neither did those folks in Katrina but that is exactly what happened..... A standing army running patrols along with unwarranted gun confiscation. Below are my sources for the quotes I used. Instead of writing the info off as coming from idiotic nut job Alex Jones or the other seemingly radical site I've noted, why don't you criticize the information within.

Department of Homeland Security buying up enough ammo to wage seven-year war against the American people

» DHS Buys 200,000 More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-08-2013 at 09:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,040,879 times
"First, let me say that I don't fancy myslef a conspricy theory nutcase and don't generaly believe that there is a concious effort by anyone in the government to "control" us citizens"

I fancy you as a nutjob.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Here we go again. Why not get together with all the anti Union types, pool your money, and buy yourselves a neat little island off the coast of any other country than this one, then you can rebel and cavort all you want.

Sound like a plan?

Old 02-08-2013, 09:35 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
First, let me say that I don't fancy myslef a conspricy theory nutcase and don't generaly believe that there is a concious effort by anyone in the government to "control" us citizens. I do however beliee at this point, the government is preparing for something...... something big. Any ONE of the facts I'm about to outline can easily be explained or rationalized, but when putting them all together, it's quite obvious something is about to go down and it isn't going to be good. Before you write me off as just another right wing, gun loving nutcase, consider the following:

The DHS { Department of Homeland Security }, an organization that specializes in "home-grown" terrorist threats, has just awarded a company a contract worth $45,000 to provide them with 200,000 more round of ammunition, this on top of the 1.6 BILLION rounds already secured over the last 9 months. It's important to note that the ammunition being purchased is .40 cal jacketed hollow point rounds. For those of you who don't know, you DO NOT need hollow point ammo for practice or for qualifying purposes.

Let us not forget that the Govenment has just OK'd the use of drone strikes on American citizens it percieves as "terrorists" with NO discernable geographical limitations. This means that it can use a drone to kill a "terrorist" American deep in the mountains of Iraq, or somewhere just outside of NYC. How long before Gov't officials start labelng people they disagree with to be terrorists? How long before people like those who participated in movements like Occupy are considered a threat to national security? How long before members of grass-roots organizations like the NRA are considered terror cells?

Oh it gets better...... Have you failed to consider Obama's NDAA??? You know, that bill that allows American citizens to be held "indefinately" without due process???

Considering all of this, combined with the fact that we have a president who is hell bent on re writing our Constitution or scrapping it altogether and obviously believes it is no longer relevant and even refers to is as a "historical document", who consistantly circumvents the processes of representative government with Executive Order after Executive Order, who is absolutely determined to make sure that Americans are able to own the least powerful firearms as possible, and finally, who has pledged to "fundamentaly transform" America, how exactly can you deny the possibility that something bad is about to happen, perhaps even a... Civil War 2.0?

It's high time we as a nation wake up and realize that government is no longer our freind. They are not there to protect us, they are there to rule over us, to watch us like the nannys they so obviously think they are. WAKE UP AMERICA!!! The writing is on the wall. What exactly is it going to take to rattle you from your slumber? An actual attack by federal agents? Let me guess, you don't think this could happen eh? Yeah, neither did those folks in Katrina but that is exactly what happened..... A standing army running patrols along with unwarranted gun confiscation. Below are my sources for the quotes I used. Instead of writing the info off as coming from idiotic nut job Alex Jones or the other seemingly radical site I've noted, why don't you criticize the information within.

Department of Homeland Security buying up enough ammo to wage seven-year war against the American people

» DHS Buys 200,000 More Rounds of Ammunition Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
conservatives continue to show their commonsense solutions to the nation's problems by talking about flash mobs, makers vs. takers, english only anti-immmigration, succession, cutting taxes for wealthy people, and every crazy anti-US government conspiracy theory they can consume.

conservatives living on fear and reactionary thinking since forever.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM

1,742 posts, read 3,117,148 times

Old 02-08-2013, 09:36 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,875,803 times
There's not going to be a "civil war" or anything like that. The vast majority of people don't watch the news or read about current events. They're too busy watching Snookie and Honey Boo Boo.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:39 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but here's a conspiracy theory that I have been suckered into believing.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
I just thought of a conspiracy theory. What if all conspiracy theories are really just cover ups for an even greater and more wide-spread conspiracy? The conspiracy theory of everything.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragontales View Post
"First, let me say that I don't fancy myslef a conspricy theory nutcase and don't generaly believe that there is a concious effort by anyone in the government to "control" us citizens"

I fancy you as a nutjob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Here we go again. Why not get together with all the anti Union types, pool your money, and buy yourselves a neat little island off the coast of any other country than this one, then you can rebel and cavort all you want.

Sound like a plan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives continue to show their commonsense solutions to the nation's problems by talking about flash mobs, makers vs. takers, english only anti-immmigration, succession, cutting taxes for wealthy people, and every crazy anti-US government conspiracy theory they can consume.

conservatives living on fear and reactionary thinking since forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
There's not going to be a "civil war" or anything like that. The vast majority of people don't watch the news or read about current events. They're too busy watching Snookie and Honey Boo Boo.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... all these replies and not ONE that actually adresses anything I said in the OP

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-08-2013 at 10:19 AM..

Old 02-08-2013, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I don't believe in conspiracy theories, but here's a conspiracy theory that I have been suckered into believing.
What do you mean?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies