Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times

Advertisements

I guess he has a right to voice his opinions, but his opinion is racist. He should have worded it differently if he was trying to instill pride in the group he categorizes himself with.

Racism is racism and I cannot condone any type. It keeps us from uniting and separates us from each other which is what it was attended to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I think it is how one determines what he said. And how you digest it. Don't bother me at all. I'm Italian, that is like me saying and meaning it, Italians make the best Pasta in the world, well i do. But that is my opinion.

I can say and mean it, Italian women are great lovers and we are, that is my opinion!

We can label almost anything racist if we so choose. We are such a sensitive people. It seems anything we don't want to hear these days, we label racist.

Chit happens people say things, rolls right off my back. More important things i beleive to worry about then this. What matters is how you feel and what you know to be true, in your soul.
Thank you. I share your sentiment.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM

20,516 posts, read 33,551,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Do you watch football? Top 3 QB's in the league - Rodgers, Brady, Manning (throw in Brees, Roethlisberger, Flacco) - white. Top TE in game - Gronkowski - white. Top receiver in league for the past 5 years - Wes Welker (number of receptions) - white. So to say they don't dominate anything is just a foolish statement.

Then again, maybe if we just treated each other as people instead of dividing up into groups, then Jamie Foxx wouldn't have any reason to be a racist. But when we have diversity shoved down our throats daily, this is what you get. But that is how the left controls their weak minded fools, make them all into victims by separating them.
LOL. Welker is not better than Johnson x2 or Fitzgerald. He's not better than Bryant, Cruz, Nicks, Jones, Roddy, or Thomas.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:41 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,836,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
LOL. Welker is not better than Johnson x2 or Fitzgerald. He's not better than Bryant, Cruz, Nicks, Jones, Roddy, or Thomas.
yea, not even close.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:12 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
He said the words, didn't he? The words are racist. That is a fact, no matter how you want to spin it.
Exactly. If Matt Damon went out tomorrow at an all white country club event, and stated "white people are smarter than black people", that would be racist. And it would be exactly what Foxx did.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:19 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Exactly. If Matt Damon went out tomorrow at an all white country club event, and stated "white people are smarter than black people", that would be racist. And it would be exactly what Foxx did.
No. It's not exactly what Foxx did. It's not even in the same context.

Again. You people need to chill out.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:50 PM

24,415 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Jamie Foxx is just a stunted dwarf emotionally who only sees things in race based terms. He's got issues and theres some frustration, resentment and feelings of inadequacy there from someplace.. I think he's re directing it as a way of lashing out.
He'll be fine as long as he has handlers looking out for him. But you're right, if a white person said that, the universal response would be " what an idiotic a hole..."

Old 02-12-2013, 12:54 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
No. It's not exactly what Foxx did. It's not even in the same
FACT: Jamie Foxx goes to a black event and says "black people are the most talented people in the world"
HYPOTHETICAL: Matt Damon goes to a white event and says "white people are the smartest people in the world"

The two are exactly equal....both are racist remarks. Period.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:16 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Jamie Foxx is just a stunted dwarf emotionally who only sees things in race based terms. He's got issues and theres some frustration, resentment and feelings of inadequacy there from someplace.. I think he's re directing it as a way of lashing out.
He'll be fine as long as he has handlers looking out for him. But you're right, if a white person said that, the universal response would be " what an idiotic a hole..."

Hey hey HEY NOW!! Why you gotta bring height into this argument?? Just because your a giant don't mean you're better than us short folk

Old 02-12-2013, 01:37 PM

59,085 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dub dub II View Post
If you were to take an all white football team (it's a team sport) and an all black football team and pitted them against one another, what would happen?

I'm just saying...
I think the NE Patriots only have 1 black on the offense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies