Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 05:12 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
If pain has to be dished out, so be it.

Apparently, many of these posters think that white people are perfect. That "tribal" nonsense, as if blacks were the only people on Earth to subjigate each other, doesn't fly. These European descendants are conveniently forgetting their own history.
It is sadly very true.

I believe no race to be inferior or superior to any other. Over time, each race (if you want to break it down simply by skin color) has had high points and low points. To often in this country, due to nationalism and possibly subliminal racism, European Americans have thought themselves superior to other races.

I could list successes and failures of every race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:30 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
It is sadly very true.

I believe no race to be inferior or superior to any other. Over time, each race (if you want to break it down simply by skin color) has had high points and low points. To often in this country, due to nationalism and possibly subliminal racism, European Americans have thought themselves superior to other races.

I could list successes and failures of every race.

Fact..Muslims started slavery.

Additional fact....white men ended slavery

Next....

Old 02-13-2013, 06:41 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
Wanna talk tribal warfare? I'm game.

In one European tribal war (WW2), they managed to wack 50-60 million people of their enemy tribes. Hell...that's only the war. Look at what Stalin did to the Ukrainian tribe as an appetizer.

When it comes to tribal warfare, Africans can't touch Europeans.

Anything else?
^ Agreed. Totally. But that wasn't your question. You asked who started abandoning babies in the US. Seems the root cause of the black family breakup was blacks in Africa selling other blacks into slavery. Wonder if Jamie Foxx has studied this bit of history, since he seems to be such an authority on race.

Old 02-13-2013, 10:16 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
^ Agreed. Totally. But that wasn't your question. You asked who started abandoning babies in the US. Seems the root cause of the black family breakup was blacks in Africa selling other blacks into slavery. Wonder if Jamie Foxx has studied this bit of history, since he seems to be such an authority on race.
Blacks didn't sell members of their own family or tribes. All blacks aren't the same just like all whites aren't the same. Is the Holocaust mitigated by the fact that it was white Europeans committing genocide on other white Europeans? That blacks sold blacks is meaningless in the grand scheme. That's not the root cause of present troubles in Black America relative to family.

Again...if one is gonna say that blacks are great at abandoning their children (which is bull, but I digress), the only relevance to that worth talking about is what happened HERE, and not in Africa. And a certain race of people bred millions of babies by slaves, and immediately abandoned them. Worse, they sold many of them off only to never be seen again. Imagine that. Selling off your own children.

But that's ok, right. You know, cuz it was slavery, and couldn't possibly be relevant to the overall story of black America.

Look, I'm not even postulating that it's the main reason for anything, but if we're gonna pick an incident from history and apply it to contemporary times, one needn't go any further than what happened right here in the U.S.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,329 times
Default Your at it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
In the context of where he said, and possibly how he said it, I don't see anything wrong with it. Maybe he was doing it to be encouraging and empowering to his audience.
Based on your prior rants, i am not shocked to see your comment. I bet if a white person would have said that you would have screamed murder. Your a walking double standard!

Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,863,294 times
Quote:
That blacks sold blacks is meaningless in the grand scheme. That's not the root cause of present troubles in Black America relative to family.
If black tribes had not sold captured black tribes, there would not have been slaves in America....so....errr....yes, it is kind of the root cause.....donchathink????

But the present troubles of Black America can be attributed to many things....lack of personal responsibility.....black dads fathering numerous children by different moms and then moving on.....gangs.....the number of unwed black teen moms having children....guns/violence....low educational achievement.....on and on. Bill Cosby has spoken very truthfully about the problems black Americans create for themselves.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
Based on your prior rants, i am not shocked to see your comment. I bet if a white person would have said that you would have screamed murder. Your a walking double standard!
Did you peep the video a few pages back??

Go back and then tell me you stand by the above post. You'll be the one looking like an a*s.

Jamie Foxx is not a racist. He dates interracially, has white friends, and hangs out with white people all the time.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:15 PM

Quote:
If black tribes had not sold captured black tribes, there would not have been slaves in America....so....errr....yes, it is kind of the root cause.....donchathink????

But the present troubles of Black America can be attributed to many things....lack of personal responsibility.....black dads fathering numerous children by different moms and then moving on.....gangs.....the number of unwed black teen moms having children....guns/violence....low educational achievement.....on and on. Bill Cosby has spoken very truthfully about the problems black Americans create for themselves.
A very big thing was drugs being brought into black communities by the mob in the 60's and 70's. Heroin 1st and then later crack destroyed black neighborhoods and made the murder rate skyrocket.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:31 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Quote:

Not EVERY SINGLE SLAVE was sold into slavery by Africans. Many were simply captured by superior European firepower.

I blame slavery in America on Americans, not Africans. Period. Africans weren't responsible for American institutions.

And I like how you avoided talking about whites fathering millions of children during slavery, and abandoning and often selling them.

If you can't address that, then don't bother responding to me.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:35 PM

468 posts, read 553,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Fact..Muslims started slavery.

Additional fact....white men ended slavery

Next....

Exactly, a fact of which I've tried to remind people only to have them dismiss it. Blacks have this odd obsession with whites -in no small part due to whites themselves- that seems impossible to rectify. They're to blame for all their current problems and should be excoriated -and like it too- in any manner in any instance available. So they're disliked yet blacks want to be so close to them and accepted by them in every way imaginable. Boggles the mind.

I've never excused the part of whites in the world's situation today, including their active part in the state of the black community worldwide, but it's ridiculous to casually dismiss the not insignificant part of others. Arab muslim imperialism has a large responsibility to bear for the poverty and backwardness of many African nations today. And muslims pose a very real threat to freedom-loving people today, and it's far worse than random racist remarks from old white guys. I'm not saying whites are all out heroes of the black people or anyone else but it isn't so cut and dry as some are making it out to be.

As for Jamie Foxx..keeping in mind that blacks were oppressed and scapegoated in recent history I don't blame him for speaking like that. I don't think that's a difficult concept for most -even conservatives- to understand. But the thing is that blacks are not just improving themselves...they seem to be causing quite a few problems for others in doing so. And any attempt at logical discussion of that is met with accusations of past wrongs. But how long can they use past wrongs to justify their own current wrongs?

People have a right to celebrate the achievements of their race --EVERYONE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies