Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:59 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistorianDude View Post
Liberals don't give a **** about Ted Nugent being invited.
Well, I'd be curious if he'll be wearing his selective service physical outfit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2013, 05:00 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
You're such a sensitive person aren't you? Ted has never hurt anyone with a gun.
neither did the newtown, gabby giffords, columbines shooters etc. BEFORE they did. so your argument is rubbish. I have no problem with people owning guns provided that are of sound mind and judgement and know how to properly operate and safely secure them. Ted Nugent has repeatedly proven that he is not of sound mind and judgement. he shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a gun... honestly even metal cutlery is probably too much for that fool.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:06 PM

2,471 posts, read 4,019,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Then Jay Z's would be the equivalent of 50 people. Wow, I guess I could bang some garbage lids together and talk crap and someone could call it music. Besides, look at you backing up on your statements.... even someone like you knew how stupid your original statement was
what exactly did i back up on? I said ted nugent is a terrible person and an even worse musician. Beyonce, Jay-z, and common are great musicians, and while I don't personally care for beyonce's music I understand it's popularity and obviously recognize her strength as a vocalist. Jay-z and common are amazing and some of my favorite artists, though not exactly my favorite people.

you clearly don't understand the first thing about hip-hop considering the way you talk of it. at the very least you should concede that writing lyrics is at the very least artistic as prose is one of the oldest forms of art. Spoken word poetry is an artform and so it follows that rap is obviously as well. what you fail to consider though is that in the background people are not just banging trash cans together. i guarentee both jayz and common play the piano better than nugent plays the guitar, and common is also a decent drummer. hip-hop is music. it requires instruments to play. even if many rap artists don't actually play instruments themselves they have to understand music to be able to write a song.

robert plant didn't play any instruments, he just sung. would you accuse him of not being a musician.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:11 PM

26,583 posts, read 14,449,955 times
Quote:
Ted has never hurt anyone with a gun.
at least not the viet cong.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:15 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Ew...something about that dude makes my skin crawl.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:21 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillies2011 View Post
them. Ted Nugent has repeatedly proven that he is not of sound mind and judgement.
Hmmm. Why has he been so successful and with his line of products?

Nugent is the nation’s most outspoken proponent of our first and second Amendment rights, conducting thousands of pro-gun, pro-freedom, pro-America interviews in major media worldwide. He has served continuously on the Board of Directors of the NRA since his initial election in 1995, where he consistently sets records for amassing the highest number of votes received by an individual board member.

Nugent is dedicated to preserving our great outdoor heritage for future generations, and along with wife Shemane, regularly hosts hunts for sick and terminally ill children with Hunt of a Lifetime, Hunt for a Cure, and via his own Kamp for Kids. A recipient of myriad commendations from state police, sheriff departments, FBI and police agencies, Nugent has been lauded for his Freedom’s Angels Foundation benefitting our troops, along with work as a national spokesman for D.A.R.E., Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Pass It On Outdoor Mentors Program.

Nugent has been named favorite Hunting Personality by the readers of Outdoors Magazine. He was inducted into the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame, marking the pinnacle of recognition for Nugent as a bona fide Bowhunting Legend of the 21st Century, acknowledged for his skills as an outdoorsman, and for his tireless promotion of bowhunting via his writings for over 40 publications, his New York Times best-sellers Ted, White & Blue: The Nugent Manifesto and God, Guns and Rock ‘n’ Roll, along with Kill It and Grill It, BloodTrails and BloodTrails II, and his award-winning Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild television show — seen exclusively on Outdoor Channel — where he proudly serves as Ambassador for the network.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
It's going to be the best speech ever because I'll be watching Westminster.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:42 PM

2,616 posts, read 2,398,970 times
I hope "Theodore" will be wearing depends and there are plenty of air fresheners to go around. It could get pretty stinky if he evacuates his bowels again.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baxendale View Post
I hope "Theodore" will be wearing depends and there are plenty of air fresheners to go around. It could get pretty stinky if he evacuates his bowels again.
I think you mean Obama who apparently stinks so bad that he draw flies to him at his press conferences.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:52 PM

9,659 posts, read 10,228,924 times
Quote:
Hmmm. Why has he been so successful and with his line of products?

Nugent is the nation’s most outspoken proponent of our first and second Amendment rights, conducting thousands of pro-gun, pro-freedom, pro-America interviews in major media worldwide. He has served continuously on the Board of Directors of the NRA since his initial election in 1995, where he consistently sets records for amassing the highest number of votes received by an individual board member.

Nugent is dedicated to preserving our great outdoor heritage for future generations, and along with wife Shemane, regularly hosts hunts for sick and terminally ill children with Hunt of a Lifetime, Hunt for a Cure, and via his own Kamp for Kids. A recipient of myriad commendations from state police, sheriff departments, FBI and police agencies, Nugent has been lauded for his Freedom’s Angels Foundation benefitting our troops, along with work as a national spokesman for D.A.R.E., Big Brothers/Big Sisters and the Pass It On Outdoor Mentors Program.

Nugent has been named favorite Hunting Personality by the readers of Outdoors Magazine. He was inducted into the National Bowhunters Hall of Fame, marking the pinnacle of recognition for Nugent as a bona fide Bowhunting Legend of the 21st Century, acknowledged for his skills as an outdoorsman, and for his tireless promotion of bowhunting via his writings for over 40 publications, his New York Times best-sellers Ted, White & Blue: The Nugent Manifesto and God, Guns and Rock ‘n’ Roll, along with Kill It and Grill It, BloodTrails and BloodTrails II, and his award-winning Ted Nugent Spirit of the Wild television show — seen exclusively on Outdoor Channel — where he proudly serves as Ambassador for the network.
Now that's something I've never hear often about Nugent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies