Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2013, 12:03 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times

Advertisements

Feds confiscate investigative reporter

[LEFT]Exclusive: Feds confiscate investigative reporter’s confidential files during raid

[LEFT]"A veteran Washington D.C. investigative journalist says the Department of Homeland Security confiscated a stack of her confidential files during a raid of her home in August — leading her to fear that a number of her sources inside the federal government have now been exposed.

In an interview with The Daily Caller, journalist Audrey Hudson revealed that the Department of Homeland Security and Maryland State Police were involved in a predawn raid of her Shady Side, Md. home on Aug. 6. Hudson is a former Washington Times reporter and current freelance reporter."[/LEFT]

I thought Nixon was impeached for this or was going to be impeached so he resigned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2013, 12:06 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
The media hated Nixon. The media love Obama. They are not going to be treated the same. I keeping hoping the media will do their job, but noooooo.....

Old 10-26-2013, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
The media hated Nixon. The media love Obama. They are not going to be treated the same. I keeping hoping the media will do their job, but noooooo.....
Seems some journalists are trying but then have their homes raided. I think fear will overtake our media when they find out what is really happening but then it will be too late.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
lol

Trying to win an Oscar?
Nope, she is trying to keep her whistleblowers' identities a secret or they will lose their jobs or worse, maybe prison. It all depends.

Old 10-26-2013, 12:43 AM

Quote:
No I was asking you. Your overdramatics made me wonder.
Straight out of Alinsky's book. Dismiss and demean the messenger. Did you write your thesis on it like Hillary did?

Old 10-26-2013, 12:52 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Straight out of Alinsky's book. Dismiss and demean the messenger. Did you write your thesis on it like Hillary did?

Really? I've actually read Alinksy's book. Precisely where does he say that?

From the second page of the article you linked to:

“During the course of the search, the CGIS agent discovered government documents labeled FOUO – For Official Use Only (FOUO) – and LES – Law Enforcement Sensitive. The files that contained these documents were cataloged on the search warrant inventory and taken from the premises,” Díaz said.

“The documents were reviewed with the source agency and determined to be obtained properly through the Freedom of Information Act,” he said.

Diaz said Flanagan was notified that the documents were cleared and he later picked them up after signing for the files.

Read more: Feds confiscate investigative reporter

Which seems like a perfectly logical explanation for what actually happened. But if you'd rather believe that the President of the United States personally targets people to be among the hundreds of ongoing investigations by the federal government at any given time, mainly because you hate his guts and you want to believe he's evil incarnate, be my guest.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:00 AM

[LEFT]“‘Legitimate’ for me to have my own notes?” she said incredulously on Wednesday.

Asked how many sources she thinks may have been exposed, Hudson said: “A lot. More than one. There were a lot of names in those files.”

“This guy basically came in here and took my anonymous sources and turned them over — took my whistle-blowers — and turned it over to the agency they were blowing the whistle on,” Hudson said. “And these guys still work there.”

Diaz said Flanagan was notified that the documents were cleared and he later picked them up after signing for the files.

But Hudson doesn’t buy the explanation: “That explains the one file they took but does not explain why they took four other files with my handwritten and typed interview notes with confidential sources, that I staked my reputation as a journalist to protect under the auspices of the First Amendment of the Constitution,” she said.

[/LEFT]

Old 10-26-2013, 01:04 AM

Quote:
[LEFT]“‘Legitimate’ for me to have my own notes?” she said incredulously on Wednesday.

Asked how many sources she thinks may have been exposed, Hudson said: “A lot. More than one. There were a lot of names in those files.”

“This guy basically came in here and took my anonymous sources and turned them over — took my whistle-blowers — and turned it over to the agency they were blowing the whistle on,” Hudson said. “And these guys still work there.”

[/LEFT]

Well, Mr. Diaz from the Coast Guard is saying something different.

And what evidence does she have that the Coast Guard turned her notes over to anybody?

Old 10-26-2013, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Well, Mr. Diaz from the Coast Guard is saying something different.

And what evidence does she have that the Coast Guard turned her notes over to anybody?
Why did they take the notes in the first place? It is her property and what she had was legal to have. They took her notes with names.

Old 10-26-2013, 01:11 AM

Quote:
Why did they take the notes in the first place? It is her property and what she had was legal to have. They took her notes with names.
The Coast Guard spokesman explained that in the part I quoted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies