Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 05:50 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
We are still waiting for your well thought out explanations of 8 invasions. Please feel free to use a dictionary as it sounds like you need one.
The first four require no explanation. The other four, I explained and you wish to quibble over the word invasions. I decline to argue that point; you can select another word if you like, and give me 8 examples of North Korea doing the same thing since 1953.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 05:51 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
I oppose all nuclear proliferation, this is the principled stand. Be it NK or Israel. NK so far has a couple of them if any, but Israel has hundred time more of them, so every principle broke down when it tests Israel. I just can't find rational here. If you break a principle, you shouldn't expect other won't do same thing. This is the source of the world chaos.
If Israel were run by a madman who constantly blathered on about blowing another nation off the face of the earth, I would be against them having nukes.

Are you really this obtuse?

Old 02-12-2013, 06:18 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The first four require no explanation. The other four, I explained and you wish to quibble over the word invasions. I decline to argue that point....
Here's your problem. You make baseless statements with no foundations and when you are requested to stand behind your statements you decline to discuss them. I really don't care how you define the word, I want to hear your response to the statements you made. I'm not here to CYA. Its up to you to do your own.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM

447 posts, read 496,276 times
Before 1953 Armstice, two sides were on war, US killed much more NK and Chinese. And US went to Korea to help South Korea. But since the Arnstice, there is no war so neither side killed other citizens. To compare no war period from 1953 is logical, and rational . If I remember correctly, US isn't never at war with Israel, is it?

Quote:
In the last 60 years no. But in the last 63 years over 36000 American lost their lives in relation to Korea. But their lives have no value to you since they died before 1953!

Old 02-12-2013, 07:19 PM

447 posts, read 496,276 times
Please see my other post regarding Israel's huge nuke stockpile. To me there is only one single evil reason to maintain such advanced and large quantity WMD for such tiny Israel, I.e. to be a nuclear suicidebomber country to blow whole world apart along with it.
By the way, I discuss NK vs Israel, I didn't hear NK constantly blathered on about blowing another nation off the face of the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
If Israel were run by a madman who constantly blathered on about blowing another nation off the face of the earth, I would be against them having nukes.

Are you really this obtuse?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:29 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,062,846 times
Quote:
Please see my other post regarding Israel's huge nuke stockpile. To me there is only one single evil reason to maintain such advanced and large quantity WMD for such tiny Israel, I.e. to be a nuclear suicidebomber country to blow whole world apart along with it.
By the way, I discuss NK vs Israel, I didn't hear NK constantly blathered on about blowing another nation off the face of the earth.
Do you equate the sanity of Israel with that of NK?

Israel can only lose one war...they have the right, as a clear thinking non hostile nation to protect its people at a all costs.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,767,735 times
Quote:
...at least NK didn't do such killing to our country in last 60 years....
Axe murder incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

...the killing of two United States Army officers by North Korean soldiers on August 18, 1976...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_...6%E2%80%931969)

Old 02-12-2013, 07:30 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
I oppose all nuclear proliferation, this is the principled stand. Be it NK or Israel. NK so far has a couple of them if any, but Israel has hundred time more of them, so every principle broke down when it tests Israel. I just can't find rational here. If you break a principle, you shouldn't expect other won't do same thing. This is the source of the world chaos.
My uncles Ralph and Tom went to the Korean Penisula in the early 1950's the help keep the Korean People free. I hold no ill will toward the people in the North, in fact one day Im sure they will be able to reunite with their love ones in the South as one free land.

I dont agree with Israels stance on many issues, but I dont hold any Israeli living now with actions and decissions made in their country's name and behalf decades ago.

I dont have a problem with any nation providing for their defense, and that even means nuclear. My question is...Who is North korea's enemy? Who are the developing a nuclear program for? The South? China? Us?

Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,464,761 times
Quote:
1) The only country to make threats against another's (right to exist) is Iran.
2) Israel did and does not threaten any country with annihilation.
3) Israel official position re nuclear weapons is that it will not be first to introduce (use) such weapons.
4) Israel preparing nukes to attack Europe??? Its as crazy as it sounds. Why would they want such thing? What's their motivation?
5) According to international media, Israel has nuclear capability since 1970s. If all their plan is to destroy other countries, why didn't they do it already? After all, 40 years is plenty of time.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:10 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,486,551 times
Quote:
Here's your problem. You make baseless statements with no foundations and when you are requested to stand behind your statements you decline to discuss them. I really don't care how you define the word, I want to hear your response to the statements you made. I'm not here to CYA. Its up to you to do your own.
Israel invaded Egypt in 1956 and 1967, Syria in 1960, 1967 and 2007, Jordan in 1956, 1956 and 1967, Lebanon in 1978, 1982 and 2006, Tunisia in 1988, Argentina in 1960, Uganda in 1976, and Iraq in 1981. You choose a different definition of "invade" but that is all we are arguing about, unless you are pointing out that my list is not exhaustive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies