Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 04:23 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,463,530 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
So your principle is "no principle" but self interest, let me go along with your logic; as I recalled that Israel actually killed lot of US citizens in last 60 years so while NK killed almost none US citizen after 1953 Armistice treaty, so Israel is the threat to US citizen's life, not NK. Is threat to its citizen a threat to US itself?
Israel is a democracy with guaranteed freedoms. North Korea is a communist dictatorship that is one of the most repressive regimes on the planet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2013, 04:25 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
I know that it bothers you, but nuclear weapons in the hands of North Korea, Iran and Syria do equal those in the hands of a democracy. I am not worried about the nuclear weapons of France, UK and Switzerland as well, but would defiantly be if Assad or the Ayatollahs possessed some. Maybe with time you will understand the difference.
Thinking again about that - what a nightmare Assad with nukes in his arsenal could be.

Last edited by oberon_1; 02-12-2013 at 04:34 PM..

Old 02-12-2013, 04:35 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Four are obvious, of course, but Tunisia (1988), Uganda (1976), Argentina (1960) and Iraq (1981) have also all had their territories invaded by Israeli forces, and those were just those I could name off the top of my head.
You made a statement, where is your explanation for it? Stating "I could name off the top of my head" is not an explanation of the proof of your statements.

Killing Khalil al-Wasir a founder of the PLO in Tunisia is an assassination and not an invasion.

Freeing Israeli hostages from Uganda is not an invasion. For the muder of Dora Block, Israel should have gone back in and assassinated Juma Oris. An eye for an eye.

Capturing Adolf Eichmann and bring him back to Israel to stand trial for war crimes is not an invasion.

Israel finshed off a nuclear reactor in Iraq that Iran bombed nine months earlier and still not an invasion.

Thats the four you've listed so far without any explanation, ready to continue?

In 1967 when the troops from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Suadia Arabia, Kuwait and Algeria crossed into Israeli territory THAT was an invasion.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:44 PM

447 posts, read 496,030 times
You cant refute my statement about the basic facts, so a "democracy" can kill US citizens with impunity? However I dislike NK , at least NK didn't do such killing to our country in last 60 years. So the killer country Israel is our best friend in your guys logic. Do I need to say more?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Israel is a democracy with guaranteed freedoms. North Korea is a communist dictatorship that is one of the most repressive regimes on the planet.

Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post
You made a statement, where is your explanation for it? Stating "I could name off the top of my head" is not an explanation of the proof of your statements.

Killing Khalil al-Wasir a founder of the PLO in Tunisia is an assassination and not an invasion.

Freeing Israeli hostages from Uganda is not an invasion. For the muder of Dora Block, Israel should have gone back in and assassinated Juma Oris. An eye for an eye.

Capturing Adolf Eichmann and bring him back to Israel to stand trial for war crimes is not an invasion.

Israel finshed off a nuclear reactor in Iraq that Iran bombed nine months earlier and still not an invasion.

In 1967 when the troops from Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq, Suadia Arabia, Kuwait and Algeria crossed into Israeli territory THAT was an invasion.
You are wasting your time. If latest events in Syria, the Arab spring crazed mobs in Egypt, Libya killings or the attacks on non Muslims in Africa do not convince them, nothing will.
BTW, be prepared for Liberty in 1967(!) as the "definite" argument against Israel.

And who says Kim Jong-un is worse then Obama? He is a leader and Obama is a leader... They are both leaders of nations...

Old 02-12-2013, 04:59 PM

447 posts, read 496,030 times
I agree with you mostly that "not worried about the nuclear weapons of France, UK". ( by the way Switzerland doesn't want any nuke even if it's a gift ), but I have more worry for Israel's huge nuke arsenal than NK's potential tiny arsenal. Israel's huge nuke stocks are not for defense but for offense, offense to non Arabic countries, i.e. offense to Europe, and to US in case Israel deems them not more friendly! Israel's nuke is nothing but suicide nuke that wants to bring down whole world together with its demise, an extreme evil intention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
I know that it bothers you, but nuclear weapons in the hands of North Korea, Iran and Syria do equal those in the hands of a democracy. I am not worried about the nuclear weapons of France, UK and Switzerland as well, but would defiantly be if Assad or the Ayatollahs possessed some. Maybe with time you will understand the difference.
Thinking again about that - what a nightmare Assad with nukes in his arsenal could be.

Last edited by seagull84; 02-12-2013 at 05:23 PM..

Old 02-12-2013, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
...currently illegally occupying territory and building settlements in an attempt to steal even more land?
Illegally occupying territory from what country? What country has demanded its return? The territories never became a country on their own since they were ANNEXED by Egypt and Jordan. In which both have given up claim to it. They've had numerous chances to seperate from Israel, but each and every time they threw a wrench into it. Israel has been negotiating with them for 45 years now. Israel might as well build neighborhoods/settlements and use the land they won in 1967 since its leaders really don't want a state of their own that does not include all of Israel in it. The Palestinian people are a pawn of their own leaders and of other Arab countries. Israels population sits on about 8000 sq mi and Jordan who has less poulation is sitting on over 34000 sq mi. Do you see Jordan with all that extra room allowing Palestinians to settle there since at one time they were citizens? nope.

Old 02-12-2013, 05:31 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,479,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruzhany View Post

Those can all be characterized as invasions.

in·vade
[in-veyd] Show IPA verb, in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing.
verb (used with object)
to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939.
to enter like an enemy: Locusts invaded the fields.
to enter as if to take possession: to invade a neighbor's home.
to enter and affect injuriously or destructively, as disease: viruses that invade the bloodstream.
to intrude upon: to invade the privacy of a family.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/invade

Old 02-12-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seagull84 View Post
... at least NK didn't do such killing to our country in last 60 years....
In the last 60 years no. But in the last 63 years over 36000 American lost their lives in relation to Korea. But their lives have no value to you since they died before 1953!

Old 02-12-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Those can all be characterized as invasions.

in·vade
[in-veyd] Show IPA verb, in·vad·ed, in·vad·ing.
verb (used with object)
to enter forcefully as an enemy; go into with hostile intent: Germany invaded Poland in 1939.
to enter like an enemy: Locusts invaded the fields.
to enter as if to take possession: to invade a neighbor's home.
to enter and affect injuriously or destructively, as disease: viruses that invade the bloodstream.
to intrude upon: to invade the privacy of a family.

Invade | Define Invade at Dictionary.com
We are still waiting for your well thought out explanations of 8 invasions. Please feel free to use a dictionary as it sounds like you need one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies