Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,682,796 times

Advertisements

In that, more and more people who wouldn't otherwise purchase a gun would buy guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2013, 05:58 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,068,169 times
huh?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:10 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
In that, more and more people who wouldn't otherwise purchase a gun would buy guns.
step away from the crack pipe, its bad for you ok?

Old 02-15-2013, 12:21 AM

198 posts, read 167,685 times
the people that don't want to go through the paperwork process to buy a gun will turn to black market guns or start turning out cheap garage full auto Sub-machine guns like the sten, bren, Lutz and grease gun of ww2. easy to make and spit out 600+ rounds per minute. The streets would be much safer if they repealed all gun laws and let people decide if they want to defend themselves or rely on the cops. If the criminals can legally purchase their own guns then they will be less likely to steal them. At least that way they will be a "chain of custody" for firearms used in crimes that can be used to track down the bad guys.

And while guns are being turned out in garages and home work shops, how do you figure the manufacturers will benefit? Unless you are expecting a run on home invasions and stolen guns that will need to be replaced by law abiding citizens.

Old 02-15-2013, 04:59 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
I could easily pass a background check. If I wanted a gun I would buy one from a friend or ask around to find an individual selling one as I would prefer the government not know that I own it.

Individuals are not going to put people through background checks.

Old 02-15-2013, 05:19 AM

46,306 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
If the criminals can legally purchase their own guns then they will be less likely to steal them. .
Re-read what you just said..............

and

See below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
step away from the crack pipe, its bad for you ok?

Old 02-15-2013, 05:43 AM

1,229 posts, read 1,148,043 times
I was all for universal back ground checks, but as soon as the left went looney over ban this and ban that and guns are bad Mkaaaaa. I am not standing firm with the NRA, Not one new law. Nothing. The left has shown its true colors and they only want to ban guns. Screw em. Nothing.

Old 02-15-2013, 09:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I don't get that. . .

Any regulation that limits your audience is negative to sales. If you can't sell to criminals (or criminals can't buy via secondary market), that is a big market to guns. . .

Gun Makers would sell more firearms the less regulated a sale is, and the easier for anyone (Crazy, criminal, and law abiding) to buy guns and quickly.

I mean the market for shooting your wife has to be a few hundred a year, cooling off periods could cost gun manufacturers a few grand alone?

Old 02-15-2013, 11:16 AM

1,075 posts, read 1,773,009 times
Okay, I think I get the OP's logic...

If everyone has to pass a background check to legally purchase a gun, criminals will be more likely to break into homes looking for guns.

So, even though I do not own a gun currently, I might go out and buy one to protect myself from the criminal who is now more likely to break into my home.

Not only that, but the guy down the street whose legally purchased firearm was stolen now has to go and buy a replacement.

Thus, where there was one gun among the three of us (me, my neighbor and the thief), there are now three!

Old 02-15-2013, 11:26 AM

3,463 posts, read 5,662,507 times
Gun manufacturers couldn't care less. Why would they?
Its the middleman dealers that will lose out, combined with FOX news cr0-Mags, these are the terrorists fighting sanity on the issue. Because of HIPPA, and "who cares" from Govt. agencies, no mental patients or psychologically based issues show up on the useless NRA endorsed checks they use now. Even broadening the background stuff wont lessen the violence even one percentageage point.
What joke. I dont know why people even consider this an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies