Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 07:06 PM

10 posts, read 8,815 times

Advertisements

I wonder if any of these four could make a true run for US president in 2016. What say you?

Mike Bloomberg, education philantrophist, NYC mayor, billionaire media tycoon with a solid business and health-minded social conscience who gets things done.

Joseph Biden, labor love-child, gaffe-prone happy blue-collar backgrounded laughmeister who represented credit rich Delaware as a senator and knows politics like dolphins know swimming.

Rahm Emmanuel, rogue meanie with charisma and the current president's coattails to ride and overseeing a high death toll in his current position as Chicago mayor.

Marco Rubio, conservative Latino, nervous, evidently thirsty but a down home touch affable and charming. Seems like an outsider.

What d'ya think? Anyone else you see as a serious contender this early in the process?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2013, 07:11 PM

45,414 posts, read 60,608,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wait... View Post
I wonder if any of these four could make a true run for US president in 2016. What say you?

Mike Bloomberg, education philantrophist, NYC mayor, billionaire media tycoon with a solid business and health-minded social conscience who gets things done.

Joseph Biden, labor love-child, gaffe-prone happy blue-collar backgrounded laughmeister who represented credit rich Delaware as a senator and knows politics like dolphins know swimming.

Rahm Emmanuel, rogue meanie with charisma and the current president's coattails to ride and overseeing a high death toll in his current position as Chicago mayor.

Marco Rubio, conservative Latino, nervous, evidently thirsty but a down home touch affable and charming. Seems like an outsider.

What d'ya think? Anyone else you see as a serious contender this early in the process?
As you said, it's early.

Bloomberg: too big city
Biden: age
Emmanuel: no for a host of reasons
Rubio: maybe will, but young. Afterall, what party would nominate a 1 term Senator for President?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:12 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,449,725 times
No, no, no, yes.

Rubio is the only one of the four who is electable. Emmanuel is a dirtbag, Mike Bloomberg I actually do respect but he is a free-thinker who doesn't fit into the conservative/liberal spectrum enough, Joe Biden I like but I don't think he has enough of a backbone. Rubio is a conservative who has some centrist appeal.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:14 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,518,058 times
I won't vote for any of them.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:28 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
if rubio can get over his water drinking problem, i think he has a real shot at winning in 2016.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:32 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:

How about Bob McDonnell and Martin O'Malley. They may not run in 2016 but they will eventually.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,479,858 times
Quote:
Should they run in 2016?
I'm not thinking about it.

[let's see how the next four years go]

Old 02-14-2013, 07:41 PM

26,504 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
As you said, it's early.

Bloomberg: too big city
Biden: age
Emmanuel: no for a host of reasons
Rubio: maybe will, but young. Afterall, what party would nominate a 1 term Senator for President?
Meh?! Is that a Joke?!

If Rubio runs in 2016, he will have spent more time in elected positions than JFK or Obama when they ran. Obama was in his 1st US Senate term when he won.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:47 PM

10 posts, read 8,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
How about Bob McDonnell and Martin O'Malley. They may not run in 2016 but they will eventually.
Both have sturdy resumes and stand with their party's platforms. Thanks for bringing them up.

After all this Obama-mania, do you or anyone else think America will fall back to what is seen as safe?

Old 02-14-2013, 07:50 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
My dream ticket ( subject to change) Chris vs. Hiillary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies