Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Sarah Palin irrelevant?
Yes , she is done, over 13 56.52%
No, she still matters 5 21.74%
Sort of, only with the Christian fundies 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 04:51 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,213,901 times

Advertisements

We keep getting mixed messages from the right. Conservatives get upset when her name comes up, yet they often bring her up.

Sarah Palin will speak to conservatives at 2013 CPAC conference in Washington - Los Angeles Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 02-19-2013, 05:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
She is one of few people on either side to have addressed corporate welfare, or as she usually calls it, 'crony capitalism' (a term I don't like, since crony capitalism is not really capitalism, IMO). It should be one of the great issues of our time, but neither side wants to touch it. Certainly not Pres Obama, and I don't see too many Republicans having much to say about it either. Ralph Nader did. Interesting that both Nader and Palin were basically purged.

I look forward to her speech, and I am betting she will not fail to address corporate welfare again.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:18 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
why are you asking when you already believe they get upset yet bring her up. want to know why ? cause they like to confuse people like you,kinda fun

Old 02-19-2013, 05:33 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,439,445 times
Liberals are annoyed that Palin will speak at a major event such as CPAC. Palin in her speech is going to attack Obama and corrupt politicians, on both sides.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:39 PM

8,806 posts, read 6,116,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
We keep getting mixed messages from the right. Conservatives get upset when her name comes up, yet they often bring her up.

Sarah Palin will speak to conservatives at 2013 CPAC conference in Washington - Los Angeles Political Buzz | Examiner.com
Where are you getting your information? I've never seen a conservative get upset when her names comes up, and it really doesn't come up all that often. Your liberal news sources probably bring her up more than our conservative ones.

I don't have a problem with her, I think she has come a long way since her days as McCain's running mate. She is eloquent and not afraid to say what others are thinking. I think she is a true conservative, from what I can tell.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:44 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Why exactly would lib-ruls care about a has-been (or never-was) like Palin speaking at just another conservative circle jerk…. other than she's always such a great opportunity to yank on wingers' chains?!!

Besides, how else is she gonna keep finding suckers to contribute to her PAC?

sarah-palins-pac-has-over-1m-in-the-bank

Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,037,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
Liberals are annoyed that Palin will speak at a major event such as CPAC. Palin in her speech is going to attack Obama and corrupt politicians, on both sides.
I consider myself a moderate politically(maybe a tad left of center) and I could care less if Palin speaks or not, I haven't watched a CPAC speech since Rush Limbaugh spoke while he was bouncing up and down at the podium, obviously high on oxy or some other upper. Yes Palin is irrelevant, she had her 15 minutes of fame.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:48 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,371,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrea3821 View Post
Where are you getting your information? I've never seen a conservative get upset when her names comes up, and it really doesn't come up all that often. Your liberal news sources probably bring her up more than our conservative ones.

I don't have a problem with her, I think she has come a long way since her days as McCain's running mate. She is eloquent and not afraid to say what others are thinking. I think she is a true conservative, from what I can tell.

He probably got it from the #1 most trusted sourse of information on the left: hallucinations.

I will go out on a limb and predict at least 10 pages for this thread, and a 2-1 ratio of lib/con postings. All the usual lib suspects will feel compelled to chime in. Even after they read this post, they can't help themselves.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Why exactly would lib-ruls care about a has-been (or never-was) like Palin speaking at just another conservative circle jerk…. other than she's always such a great opportunity to yank on wingers' chains?!!
Well last year the mainstream and international media showed up to hear her speech at CPAC. Romney's people DID NOT like the overwhelming long applause and standing ovation she got from giving it. In fact she was the only person to get a standing ovation over the GOP candidates and their speeches.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
Yes Palin is irrelevant, she had her 15 minutes of fame.
Not likely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies