Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 03:07 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,549,229 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQCVfoi0UkM

What a scumbag!! He doesn't care about those BLACK PEOPLE down there!!!

As he sits in his comfort in Chicago!!

Basically he just said that you gotta break some eggs to make an omelet..........

How do blacks even listen to him??????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2014, 03:13 PM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times
I don't think most blacks do listen to him. But the media (both right an left) does. So every time something major happens no one pays any attention to the stream of local representatives, victims or ministers. But put Al Sharpton or Jessie Jackson on the ground and you are guaranteed a minimum of 15 minutes coverage daily out of Fox, CNN and the NBC news channel.

Then we all ***** about AS and JJ. But the sad truth is they seem to be the only people who draw mainstream attention.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:22 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,656,110 times
we don't listen to Jesse and Al. We appreciate all they did in the 60's and 70's... but this is the networks who keep pushing them to speak for the Black community.

The only people who listen to Jesse and Al are white people... lol

Old 11-28-2014, 03:51 PM

3,889 posts, read 4,544,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
we don't listen to Jesse and Al. We appreciate all they did in the 60's and 70's... but this is the networks who keep pushing them to speak for the Black community.

If what you claim is true that most black people don't listen to them, I will be relieved.

Al Sharpton bothers me the most. He's always turning up and stirring the pot, and even after Tawana Brawley, he is still given credibility.

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone please explain to me why he isn't run out of town and shunned. Isn't there someone out there that would do a better job than him as a "leader"?? Isn't there someone out there who has more of the spirit of MLK? I just don't feel it when Sharpton speaks.

Also, how do you feel about Sharpton being elevated as "trusted White House adviser" to President Obama? Apparently HE listens to him.
I think it's a damn shame. Couldn't the president think a little outside the box? And Sharpton surely is in a very confined, stifling same old, same old box.

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited by Oldhag1; 11-28-2014 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 11-28-2014, 03:56 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
Quote:

You mean self loathing white progressives

I don't know anyone else who give those race industry hacks any credibility in what they say.

Jesse's son was elected to the Senate, and is now sitting in a FED Pen! So I guess there are voters who who believe their snake oil pitches.

Old 11-28-2014, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post
Quote:

If what you claim is true that most black people don't listen to them, I will be relieved.

Al Sharpton bothers me the most. He's always turning up and stirring the pot, and even after Tawana Brawley, he is still given credibility.

Tawana Brawley rape allegations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Someone please explain to me why he isn't run out of town and shunned. Isn't there someone out there that would do a better job than him as a "leader"?? Isn't there someone out there who has more of the spirit of MLK? I just don't feel it when Sharpton speaks.

Also, how do you feel about Sharpton being elevated as "trusted White House adviser" to President Obama? Apparently HE listens to him.
I think it's a damn shame. Couldn't the president think a little outside the box? And Sharpton surely is in a very confined, stifling same old, same old box.

Al Sharpton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If they aren't listened to, then why does Obama constantly have Sharpton visiting him in the WH?
Obama has seen fit to meet with the good (cough) preacher more than his own cabinet members.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 PM

12,040 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Ironically, it was Jesse Jackson (not Oprah) who first said, "Excellence is the best deterrent to racism. Therefore be excellent."

I wonder how "excellent" he thinks those thugs are in Ferguson?

Old 11-28-2014, 04:05 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
If they aren't listened to, then why does Obama constantly have Sharpton visiting him in the WH?
Obama has seen fit to meet with the good (cough) preacher more than his own cabinet members.
That shows a lack of honor on Obama's part in my eyes..Sharpton is a race baiting,lying hack...anything for a few more seconds in front of a camera.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampmonster View Post
That shows a lack of honor on Obama's part in my eyes..Sharpton is a race baiting,lying hack...anything for a few more seconds in front of a camera.
This is true... and you have to wonder why someone would say it isn't black folk who listen to him. He was inciting violence in that church, of all places, and it was stuffed with cheering black folk. He did the same thing with the Martin killing. He seeks out singular acts by whites against blacks, yet is dead silent on black on black violence which has it's own internal racial strife. EXP: East Coast vs. West Coast - which is a demonstration of insanity.

Seems to me the history doesn't match the claim.

Old 11-28-2014, 04:19 PM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,161 times
I have a good friend of mine who is a die hard democrat and he met sharpton before from where he works he said he doesn't really like sharpton much. Me I'm a pretty left liberal/progressive and i don't really care for sharpton much than again i don't watch msnbc either because i think they are all part of the media conglomerate that just picks and chooses who to be admired and who to not be liked. Sharpton is an opportunist much like Jesse Jackson. Sadly the only way many of these crimes get any air time is if either one of them are involved otherwise they get shoved to the back of the fridge and forgotten.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies