Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2013, 04:16 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropical87 View Post
Who said blacks had a different culture? I meant a culture of despair and hopelessness which is widespread in the community - and it has become a self-fulfilling prophecy .

I don't 'claim' to have seen what I saw. I know what I saw in the white community. And if you don't care about it, I'll still sleep well at night.

The US has got lot more unsympathetic to claims of racism keeping certain minorities down now that Obama was elected - and perhaps not without merit

You make no sense. If black people don't have a different culture, then using culture as an explanation fails.

I don't care what you claim to have seen. It is not something I am at all interested in discussing.

The US has always been unsympathetic to claims of racism, so that nothing new. I see you have nothing to add. Carry on.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:17 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Post #111

Is that the lusitania or the titanic?

hows is the Holocaust American History?
You tell me which one it is... But America wants a to remember that Holocaust as if it happened on that soil though.

Quote:
It's thinking like that will make sure you never amount to anything. This belief in a white conspiracy against black people. Like the goal of every white person is to see a black person fail. It's pathetic. It distracts you from the necessary action you need to take to get you out of the ghetto.

Contrary to popular belief, white people DO want to see blacks succeed. Cause if they do, then there will be less drugs, less crime, less hate and less everything negative associated with underachieving minorities
No it's thinking like that, that will let people see the truth.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
This is mental!
You don't honor your ancestors??? That's disrespectful for real! Plenty of people don't (including blacks) though but it is an Afrikan tradition and is necessary...

Old 02-18-2013, 04:23 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
You don't honor your ancestors??? That's disrespectful for real! Plenty of people don't (including blacks) though but it is an Afrikan tradition and is necessary...

"If you don't know where you have been, you will never know where you going" ------Simonism

Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM

23,593 posts, read 37,484,310 times
Quote:
1. This ain't Africa.

2. Your spelling is an affectaton. Grow up!

Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Strange thread. Whoever said that whites were "keeping folks down" to begin with?

I've never met a white man that could keep me down...not once. Funny how no black person in all my years has ever claimed such a thing to me personally. Not even the lowest, poorest ones. They may have said this or that about the system in general, but I don't know anyone that fears being held down by the white man.

Besides, most whites are barely scraping by themselves. Who in the hell are they equipped to "hold down?"

Oh well...another race baiting thread. But of course, its the blacks that are fixated on race around here, right? Especially the liberal blacks.

Of course, look at all the race threads and see who starts nearly ALL of them. Lol..yeah.

Old 02-18-2013, 04:31 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
It may seem like a general statement, but its true. Look at the worst neighborhoods, the cities that once flourished at one time. Many have something in common. And while the black community cant be solely blamed for each case, in most cases, they have been a part of the problem. Detroit, Birmingham, Chicago. Neighborhoods in nearly every state across the country
Yes, for example my own home neighborhood of Roxbury. White people burned homes for insurance money, rioted when schools were desegregated, refused to give loans for black people who wanted to live elsewhere, dumped trash on empty lots that the city refused to develop, and moved in high pollution via bus depots. Cops who basically shrugged when black kids got shot went berserk when Charles and Carol Stuart got shot in the same area (Charles blamed a nondescript black man, but actually shot himself and his wife) Meanwhile, black-dominated groups like the Dudley Street Neighborhood Initiative fought back against the city's open neglect of the area, often successfully.

In other words, you are absolutely correct to say that many black neighborhoods are deteriorated, but you fail to recognize the actual reasons for this.

Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
1. This ain't Africa.

2. Your spelling is an affectaton. Grow up!
But I am Afrikan, and my spelling is not meant for anyone to accept or like. Grow up!

Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,695,869 times
Quote:
But I am Afrikan, and my spelling is not meant for anyone to accept or like. Grow up!
So you been to Africa?

Old 02-18-2013, 05:07 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,322,952 times
Quote:
So you been to Africa?

Huh? I have been to Jamiaca but that does not mean I'm Jamaican
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies