Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 05:07 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,224,978 times

Advertisements

More police brutality. Tough brave cops! It only took 6 of them to kick the ladies legs out from under her, slam her to the ground, and hog-tie her! In my opinion, the cops should have had to pay her out of their pockets.

These punks are out of control across the country. A good cop is a rare exception in the US anymore. Oh, and after a thorough investigation, all of the cops still have their jobs! They also lied as cops so often do and charged the lady with assorted charges, all of which were finally dropped.

Pregnant Woman Hogtied By CHP Awarded $250,000 « CBS Los Angeles

http://www.insideedition.com/headlin...tied-by-police

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...treatment.html

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 01-25-2013 at 05:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2013, 05:14 PM

217 posts, read 360,795 times
good cop is oxymoron. Tell one you support 2A rights and get ready for a Terry frisk. Call 911 to report a crime and expect a violation of your 4A right. Discuss anything to a cop you have just played into their game of stomp on 5A right. Call them a pig under 1A, get tasered violating your 8A right.

Good Cop? Not a ONE!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM

I agree. If you or I took part in road rage like that, we would go to prison for a long time. These thugs are back on the street looking for the next victim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick gar View Post
good cop is oxymoron. Tell one you support 2A rights and get ready for a Terry frisk. Call 911 to report a crime and expect a violation of your 4A right. Discuss anything to a cop you have just played into their game of stomp on 5A right. Call them a pig under 1A, get tasered violating your 8A right.

Good Cop? Not a ONE!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:52 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,000,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post
More police brutality. Tough brave cops! It only took 6 of them to kick the ladies legs out from under her, slam her to the ground, and hog-tie her! In my opinion, the cops should have had to pay her out of their pockets.

These punks are out of control across the country. A good cop is a rare exception in the US anymore. Oh, and after a thorough investigation, all of the cops still have their jobs! They also lied as cops so often do and charged the lady with assorted charges, all of which were finally dropped.

Pregnant Woman Hogtied By CHP Awarded $250,000 « CBS Los Angeles

Pregnant Woman Hogtied By Police - News from InsideEdition.com

Pregnant LA woman who was hogtied by highway patrolmen receives $250,000 for 'outrageous' treatment | Mail Online
From your second link..........

"The California highway patrol says they completed a review of the incident and took appropriate actions. The officers involved remain on the force. "

See this is the crap that is outrageous. These idiot cops get all gung ho on some pregnant lady who they decide isn't obeying their every command and it costs the taxpayers 250K dollars and these same tools aren't fired. I know we'll hear folks say good she got money etc. and for BS like that she deserves it but why aren't people outraged that these cops still have their jobs? It happens all over the country too. They could have killed this woman's baby. Unbelievable.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:12 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
I just saw the video on this tonight. Wow. SOMEONE should have lost their job over this one - their reaction seemed to have NOTHING to do with the reality of the situation.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:14 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpencerMtn View Post

A good cop is a rare exception in the US anymore.
There are about 800,000 Police officers in the U.S., not including county sheriff enforcement. The overwhelming majority of them have not been brought up on charges and Lord knows the public will not hesitate to do so. Why paint an entire profession with such a broad brush?

This woman's first mistake was using her cell phone while driving. Just another who thinks traffic laws don't apply to them.

When she eventually pulled over, she got out of the car, instead of waiting for an officer to approach.

She appeared agitated.
Her pregnancy was not obvious given she says she was 7 weeks along.
There's a 50-50, she was running her mouth.

Hog tying was obviously over the top excessive force. I am surprised they were not terminated. Then again, we don't know the whole story.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM

45,220 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Just out servin and protectin lol

Old 01-25-2013, 06:25 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,838,702 times
At that amountit sounds like a settlement by insruancecompany because its cheaper than goig to trial at rates lawyers etc charge.What it means is she was paid off by insurance to and she excepted to have the money in her lifetime with civil appeals i this country.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:15 PM

To ME, it seems that the vast majority of cops either commit these kinds of crimes or cover for those that do. They nearly always get away with less than a slap on the wrist.

What do you think this guy did to deserve his "treatment"?

Deputy pepper sprays, detains man with Down Syndrome - CNN.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
There are about 800,000 Police officers in the U.S., not including county sheriff enforcement. The overwhelming majority of them have not been brought up on charges and Lord knows the public will not hesitate to do so. Why paint an entire profession with such a broad brush?

This woman's first mistake was using her cell phone while driving. Just another who thinks traffic laws don't apply to them.

When she eventually pulled over, she got out of the car, instead of waiting for an officer to approach.

She appeared agitated.
Her pregnancy was not obvious given she says she was 7 weeks along.
There's a 50-50, she was running her mouth.

Hog tying was obviously over the top excessive force. I am surprised they were not terminated. Then again, we don't know the whole story.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:38 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,260,372 times
I don't think I ever heard of a cop that was actually punished for their actions.

Beat up a bartender while drunk? No problem just go to anger management classes.
Hit another car while committing DWI? No problem we'll just demote you and have you take classes.
Shoot innocent person? No problem, they probably deserved it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies