Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 01:15 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
From your own link:So, the FBI itself planned to carry out an attack? Lmao! It's called a sting operation, Einstein. Finding dumbasses to practically arrest themselves by means of allowing them to demonstrate their intent to kill, is just part of protecting national security. Are you just pretending to be dense? You HAVE to be trolling.
It used to be known as entrapment. I'm not defending the suspect at all, I'm complaining about the FBI's unethical tactics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2013, 01:18 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,520,193 times
Ah, screw it. I'm done. The people on this forum are truly hopeless and wouldn't know a crappy government if it butt ****ed them, fingered their kids "for security" and stole all of their money... Like it's doing now. I've never seen such a frightened group of people in my life who are so willing to sacrifice every bit of liberty they have for the sake of feeling somewhat safe.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:19 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,776,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
FBI — Federal Agents Arrest Man After He Attempts to Bomb Bank in Oakland

The FBI planned the attack, provided the suspect, provided the explosive device, provided the funding, and provided the transportation. Then took credit for stopping it.

I'm patiently waiting for the "well the device was designed to not go off."

That's not the point. The point is they provided a threat, convinced a mentally ill person to carry it out and provided the resources and funding to do so, putting American lives in danger. Where does the madness stop?

There hasn't been a single terrorist threat in this country since 2001 that wasn't orchestrated and funded by the government.
You're mad that the FBI created a plot that would recruit would-be terrorists and then you're mad that the FBI arrested him?

This is why anti-government right-wingers can't be trusted with national security.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:23 PM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,514 times
Quote:
It used to be known as entrapment. I'm not defending the suspect at all, I'm complaining about the FBI's unethical tactics.
They could just as well have made the bombs operational.

Sometimes, they do.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM

742 posts, read 678,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
You're mad that the FBI created a plot that would recruit would-be terrorists and then you're mad that the FBI arrested him?

This is why anti-government right-wingers can't be trusted with national security.
Op is mad? Doubt it, way to straw man! You are missing the point.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:35 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,169,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truthseeking View Post
Op is mad? Doubt it, way to straw man! You are missing the point.
Uh yes, it's quite obvious the OP is mad. None of us are missing the point. I however think that the OP & perhaps you are.

Old 02-19-2013, 01:36 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,245,092 times
Quote:
FBI — Federal Agents Arrest Man After He Attempts to Bomb Bank in Oakland

The FBI planned the attack, provided the suspect, provided the explosive device, provided the funding, and provided the transportation. Then took credit for stopping it.

I'm patiently waiting for the "well the device was designed to not go off."

That's not the point. The point is they provided a threat, convinced a mentally ill person to carry it out and provided the resources and funding to do so, putting American lives in danger. Where does the madness stop?

There hasn't been a single terrorist threat in this country since 2001 that wasn't orchestrated and funded by the government.
Entrapment, it works for domestic and foreign terrorists too.

Agents Arrest Terror Suspect Allegedly Planning to Bomb U.S. Capitol, But is the FBI Guilty of Entrapment?

Some legal scholars take a dim view of what federal agencies do to gain a person or person's confidence, provide them with knowledge and materials, and then become the target of arrests.

FBI Entrapment Eyed | American Free Press

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/us...anted=all&_r=0

You can rest assured that there will be no end to this.

In the olden days, early Chicago, New York and other large cities, if cops suspected someone committing a crime with a gun, cops would plant a gun at the crime scene or the suspects home and claim it was used in the crime. {in the old days, it was referred to as a "plant"}

Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,647,296 times
Quote:
Oh right, now you are. You shift your mistaken claim from "FBI planned to carry out an attack!" as per your clearly-worded title, to a begrudging error in judgment by now re-titling it as "unethical tactics". So in other words, you admit you were wrong; albeit in your own roundabout and indirect way, but nonetheless. Good. Read more closely next time.

And for the record, I hope more dumbasses unwittingly hook up with FBI informants and do themselves in under their own volition. I don't know about you, but I for one am not in the mood to have my loved ones blown to pieces by these subhumans. The more sting operations, the better.

Old 02-19-2013, 05:51 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,370,987 times
The FBI gets better press from their actions than a simple 'Mentally ill man committed'.

And people wonder why conspiracy theories are born, nurture and multiply.

Old 02-19-2013, 06:15 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ♪♫♪♪♫♫♪♥ View Post
Oh right, now you are. You shift your mistaken claim from "FBI planned to carry out an attack!" as per your clearly-worded title, to a begrudging error in judgment by now re-titling it as "unethical tactics". So in other words, you admit you were wrong; albeit in your own roundabout and indirect way, but nonetheless. Good. Read more closely next time.

And for the record, I hope more dumbasses unwittingly hook up with FBI informants and do themselves in under their own volition. I don't know about you, but I for one am not in the mood to have my loved ones blown to pieces by these subhumans. The more sting operations, the better.
The contact is not done by the fbi but rather by fbi informants who are real bad guys, they coerce people trolling the internet into carrying out attacks which are the informants ideas with items that the informant supplies. Oh yeah the informant gets paid based on whether the person carries out the attempt. So to recap the fbi pays a real terrorist/criminal to find people they can convince to carry an attack that is their idea with items that they could never obtain in their own. I think this is wrong, they are manufacturing terrorism, if they are going to do that they should also troll this forum and forums such as homefront, I am sure there are some people in here that with a little push would do illicit activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies