Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM

651 posts, read 706,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I'm not trying to ********** thread up but isn't it handguns that Feinstein is really after. Her bill does say that only one characteristic is needed for a gun to be an assault one and I think that most handguns are much like mine in that they have pistol grips. Now wait for some fool lawyer and an idiot judge to get after that one. I will stay with my handgun since it is easier to maneuver in my house.
No not right now, Let me say Feinstein is after all guns. But right now she and the left are after any semi auto that takes a box magazine. She exempted the Ruger Mini 14 in its wood stock configuration but banned it [in the proposed legislation] if it has a folding stock. Its liberals being stupid at the most emotional level. Once they get the semi auto rifles they are going to come after semi auto hand guns. Do you really think a Glock or Ruger semi auto pistol is going to not be called an assault weapon if you see some school shot up with one? Dumb ass Biden is already saying a double barrel shotgun, and laying the ground work for that being the only thing allowed to own. Once they get that far it snot going to be hard to just regulate those out of existence so its very hard to get a permit to have one. It will start out with do you need one? If so you will have to show why you need one, if you live on a farm or on acrage and need to dispatch wild animals or farm animals ect. You may get a permit. Its what is coming if we don't stand up and say no, you can't take my gun because some crazy nut did something bad. If you want to live like a caged animal go to NY city or LA and live in some crap hole of an apt. pay high taxes and do what the nice Gov. tells you to. Not you Roy, being rhetorical to make the point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2013, 03:07 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,217,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Two different subjects.

AR15 is a better home defense tool but firing warning shot with any weapon is highly illegal.
I've heard from dozen of cops and gun owners that Mossberg 500 is the best for home defense

Old 02-20-2013, 03:09 PM

328 posts, read 683,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Just saw a clip of Biden giving advice on self protection. He said to get a 12 gauge doubler barrel shotgun and when an intruder is discoverd lurking go to the 'balcony' and fire two warning shots to ensure the intruder will never return.

Well JB just gave advice contrary to law enforcement's perspective .

If you fire a gun to scare or warn an intruder or robber you will be arrested for some degree of assault.

In NJ if you have an assault on your record you cannot buy a firearm and would have the guns you already own, confiscated by the cops.

Point is the guy in charge of finding a 'solution' to reduce firearm deaths has no clue as to the laws on the books that govern firearm usage.

A trend here that does not engender confidence as a tax cheat gets to be the head of the IRS and a fumbling out of touch lawyer is picked to guide new firearm legislation.

It is difficult to differentiate if our national problems are the result of incompetence or intent.
Wrong--the VP (nor his wife) would be arrested.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:10 PM

24,030 posts, read 15,133,478 times
That's what a Harris County deputy sheriff advised me to do years ago. The only thing he told me was to fire it across a county road.

2,266 posts, read 3,723,075 times
He's running his mouth again. VA is the same way, discharge a firearm anywhere in public and you're in deep sh*t. Inside your house in self defense is one thing, outside in public to "scare someone" is a wholly different matter.

Of course, in the same article on this I read, he also said shotguns were more accurate than an AR-15 and easier to use. Sure, if you like the point and spray method.

2,256 posts, read 2,133,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Two different subjects.

AR15 is a better home defense tool but firing warning shot with any weapon is highly illegal.
Woman sentenced to 20 years for warning shots...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/11/justic...und-sentencing

If you have time to warn then you are NOT in immediate danger and therefore cannot shoot the weapon.

As to an AR for home defense? BS... It is a long standing fact, known by pretty much everyone, that shotguns with buckshot is superior for home defense.

Buck shot at close range does sufficient damage to stop the threat and does NOT pass through walls as readily as a .223/5.56 would.

Because shooting your neighbors or other family members is NOT the purpose eh...

Also, in the dark, scared and under stress you are far less likely to miss with a shotgun.

And you don't need a pump. Semi auto shottiea FTW...

Old 02-20-2013, 03:13 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,227,546 times
Excellent point. As has been pointed out, Biden is a genuine moron. An AR15 can be fired with the buttock against your nose and not break it or even make it bleed. I'd love to see Biden put his shotgun stock against his nose and fire off a round! A shotgun is a formidable weapon at close range, but not easier to handle than an AR15 under any circumstance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
What an idiot. Seriously.

Has he ever seen a 100 lb. female fire a 12 guage shot gun?

Last edited by SpencerMtn; 02-20-2013 at 03:21 PM..

Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,594,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I've heard from dozen of cops and gun owners that Mossberg 500 is the best for home defense
Try to shoot both and see for yourself.

9,143 posts, read 5,815,136 times
A shotgun is an excellent home defense weapon,
if it has an 18.5" barrel and large capacity.
If you take BiteMe's advice and take yer
double barrel out on the porch and fire off
a couple of rounds, you have given up your
position and you are now standing on your
porch with a club in yer hands.

13,138 posts, read 22,841,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Just saw a clip of Biden giving advice on self protection. He said to get a 12 gauge doubler barrel shotgun and when an intruder is discoverd lurking go to the 'balcony' and fire two warning shots to ensure the intruder will never return.

Well JB just gave advice contrary to law enforcement's perspective .

If you fire a gun to scare or warn an intruder or robber you will be arrested for some degree of assault.

In NJ if you have an assault on your record you cannot buy a firearm and would have the guns you already own, confiscated by the cops.

Point is the guy in charge of finding a 'solution' to reduce firearm deaths has no clue as to the laws on the books that govern firearm usage.

A trend here that does not engender confidence as a tax cheat gets to be the head of the IRS and a fumbling out of touch lawyer is picked to guide new firearm legislation.

It is difficult to differentiate if our national problems are the result of incompetence or intent.

I though Biden looked familiar when I first saw his picture!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies