Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 07:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,355,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The article is about white people leaving London, and you were upset by it. That is the definition of racism. Let me ask again, why is it 'sad' that whites are a minority in London? I want to hear your explanation.
I saw an article that said that many Britons in London saw Muslims taking over very rapidly and they wanted out for that. I guess there were 18% of the people there who were Asian and they were the largest group. Of course, many Muslims of the world come from Asia, too.

It does have a definite sound of being racist but when you see your nation failing to assimilate the new comers I can see why many of them would be afraid of the change that is coming. I wonder how many of the immigrants can speak English. I tires long ago of having to press 1 to get something in English and I guess that makes me racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,236,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I saw an article that said that many Britons in London saw Muslims taking over very rapidly and they wanted out for that. I guess there were 18% of the people there who were Asian and they were the largest group. Of course, many Muslims of the world come from Asia, too.

It does have a definite sound of being racist but when you see your nation failing to assimilate the new comers I can see why many of them would be afraid of the change that is coming. I wonder how many of the immigrants can speak English. I tires long ago of having to press 1 to get something in English and I guess that makes me racist.
I honestly don't understand what the problem is. We live in a global society, this isn't 1950. It is nothing short of ridiculous when a person in this day and age only knows a single language. If people learned another language or two they wouldn't be bothered by people not speaking English.

Grow with the times.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM

20,186 posts, read 23,916,757 times
Nothing wrong with it... I rather live in the suburb than an overpriced cubicle in a building... I am not white either... If i were them, i would of left as well but i think it has a lot less to do about race...

Old 02-21-2013, 07:44 PM

25,898 posts, read 16,618,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
600,000 move out in decade of 'white flight' from London: White Britons are now in minority in the capital | Mail Online

Sad indeed but what do you expect when you let left wing/communists run the country.
The question is, why is the US and Britain and France just giving their land and culture away to immigrants?

I've read that France will most certainly be a Muslim country in the future. The most common name for a baby born in Great Britain is Mohammed now.

Will we wake up one day and expel these people to save our way of life?

Old 02-21-2013, 07:47 PM

2,072 posts, read 1,761,383 times
I don't know. White Guilt? Afraid of being called racist? I really don't know and its disturbing to say the least.

Old 02-21-2013, 07:56 PM

25,898 posts, read 16,618,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
I don't know. White Guilt? Afraid of being called racist? I really don't know and its disturbing to say the least.
I have always been about equal right for all Americans. I believe it was always the right and smart thing to do.

But someone way high up decided to dilute our country with wave after wave of ignorant immigrants. They may as well have dropped bombs on Minneapolis if you could see what he Somalis have done to it.

All these hardships like budget deficits, national debt and this absolute invasion of the ignorant 3rd world has to be a coordinated plan to bring the country down so they can remake it the way they want it.

They want this to be a country of 1 billion with a few super rich and the rest of us scrambling for their scraps.

The same old story throughout human history.

I'm glad I got to grow up at the peak of this country's history because the future is grim.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,528,903 times
lol. how is that sad? this is the legacy of their own empire. it's called chickens coming home to roost.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:09 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,069,391 times
The white English were already a minority when I lived in London. White 'Britons' includes many people from Poland, Russia, Bulgaria, etc.

As a foreigner, I loved living in London. Truly a multicultural city. But I can sympathize with the Englishman over seeing himself a minority in his own capitol city. I just don't care. That's up to the Englishman.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:22 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,288,537 times
Does the OP realize that London is a global city, much like NYC is? Seriously, he might be watching too much Downton Abbey.

Old 02-21-2013, 08:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,212,030 times
I love London.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
lol. how is that sad? this is the legacy of their own empire. it's called chickens coming home to roost.
Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies