Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 08:47 PM

1,473 posts, read 3,573,960 times

Advertisements

White flight has been occurring in the US for decades which accounts for strip mall suburbia and long distance commutes on jammed roads. And then, the "fliers" complain about how the city is run and that the whites who remain have no representation on city councils, are left out of government jobs etc. What goes around comes around as they say though that has never made any sense to me.

As for Moslems taking over, all I have to do is grow a beard. Women become property, homosexuals get hanged, marvelous art work gets destroyed, divorce completely favors the male. The western world is going to regret not stopping the Moslems as they did in Vienna 1683. Sooner or later, it is going to get really ugly. Moslems don't give an inch in their beliefs while Christianity tries to accommodate every crackpot idea that comes along. Has never worked, won't work now.

Bye bye London. Bye bye UK and France.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2013, 08:48 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Karma.

[first the sun sets on the British Empire and now this twist of the knife]
Yup. As a very wise person said in Brixton decades ago, if you hadn't have been there, we wouldn't be here.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:16 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,136,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
600,000 move out in decade of 'white flight' from London: White Britons are now in minority in the capital | Mail Online

Sad indeed but what do you expect when you let left wing/communists run the country.
When you say "British" I'm assuming you're referring to White Britons. Because I'm pretty sure the majority of people living in London are British. It must suck for you in this changing diverse world.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:27 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
When you say "British" I'm assuming you're referring to White Britons. Because I'm pretty sure the majority of people living in London are British. It must suck for you in this changing diverse world.
Diversity is a great thing when you are lifting up your own citizens who have been disadvantaged. But to bring in wave after wave of immigrants is just ridiculous.

I guess I don't understand what the advantage is of bringing in millions of immigrants to a place like Great Britain, an old country with traditions going back a thousand years. Why are they doing it?

Why are we doing it? Why is France? We are giving our countries away.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:32 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Diversity is a great thing when you are lifting up your own citizens who have been disadvantaged. But to bring in wave after wave of immigrants is just ridiculous.

I guess I don't understand what the advantage is of bringing in millions of immigrants to a place like Great Britain, an old country with traditions going back a thousand years. Why are they doing it?

Why are we doing it? Why is France? We are giving our countries away.
It is called a global economy and those are global cities people are moving to. It is the same reason so many people from all over the world live in NYC, it is a global city.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:36 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
Most counties in the UK show an increase in the white population. Hell, even parts of London itself have shown an increase in the white population. The high cost of central london has been pushing families out for centuries and now it's mostly the preserve of the world's ultra wealthy which working class areas, like the east end, have seen an influx of immigrants while whites have left. Why? The BBC covered this very well. People didn't want to live in tiny apartments so they moved out of the city where they could buy full sized houses with yards even though they're spending less money for it.

It's just economics, nothing else. Check out the map and listen to the recording at this BBC link from two days ago: BBC News - Why have the white British left London?

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM

488 posts, read 555,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelYell14 View Post
600,000 move out in decade of 'white flight' from London: White Britons are now in minority in the capital | Mail Online

Sad indeed but what do you expect when you let left wing/communists run the country.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:40 PM

Personally, if I moved back to the UK I'd aim for the Cornwall area as I like the mix of medium sized historic towns, pleasant climate, but strong protections for rural areas against development. There are a number of very nice nature preserves too. As an added bonus it's the home of the 2000 year old English wine industry, the region has many active fisheries & farms, many of the restaurants make a point of serving local food, and the historical architecture is great. It's sad it's so expensive even by California standards.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:46 PM

BTW the unemployed foreigner who started this thread is wrong yet again. It is "white British" who are now a minority in London not whites. In the last 20 years the UK has absorbed millions of eastern Europeans, especially millions of Poles, so whites are still the majority just not whites of British decent.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:51 PM

524 posts, read 400,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
The article is about white people leaving London, and you were upset by it. That is the definition of racism. Let me ask again, why is it 'sad' that whites are a minority in London? I want to hear your explanation.
I learn a new definition of racism everyday!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies