Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 02:38 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soanchorless View Post
Those same sex couples can have both too. And the people that don't like same sex marriage can go to churches that still don't perform same sex marriages.
Cool! Then we agree!

Quote:
Anyway, though, I think this is going to evolve into a non-issue in the United States in due time. Even my most religious, conservative friends don't really care about gay marriage. And I live in the bible belt.
I also agree with this and it is something I've been saying myself. The "holdouts" for traditional marriage (meaning hetero only) are a dying breed, the younger generations have no problem (for the most part) with marriage equality, and it is only a matter of time before it is legal in all fifty states.

Last edited by Cinebar; 02-24-2013 at 02:48 PM..

Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,443,357 times
This does not apply to ALL men who are against gays, but, SOME men who are anti-gays, to the extent of almost paranoia, are afraid of their own sexuality and fear if they are in the presence of gays, it will be detected and they will be found out.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:51 PM

2,007 posts, read 6,831,588 times
What I have against the gay thing. Isn't the act between two people, it's the way they seem to always act. Most of them throw their lifestyle up in every ones face at every opportunity and want a confrontation about it. To show their constant fight against the homophobes I guess to their friends. They do not miss a opportunity to flaunt it on social places or in the streets. Yet when a confrontation goes bad they play the "poor me-look what happened to me" to get sympathy or media attention, again. Their going into grade or high schools and holding huge crowds of children hostage "explaining" their lifestyle to already confused or kids lashing out at their parents. Is not good practice to me anyway.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:55 PM

1,201 posts, read 1,924,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
What I have against the gay thing. Isn't the act between two people, it's the way they seem to always act. Most of them throw their lifestyle up in every ones face at every opportunity and want a confrontation about it. To show their constant fight against the homophobes I guess to their friends. They do not miss a opportunity to flaunt it on social places or in the streets. Yet when a confrontation goes bad they play the "poor me-look what happened to me" to get sympathy or media attention, again. Their going into grade or high schools and holding huge crowds of children hostage "explaining" their lifestyle to already confused or kids lashing out at their parents. Is not good practice to me anyway.
Yeah, and the same people that are up in arms for seeing homosexuals simply be themselves will have no issue what so ever with a straight couple holding hands in public, posting heterosexual engagement pics all over their facebooks, watching heterosexual romance movies, etc, etc, etc.

Old 02-24-2013, 02:58 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
Quote:
Most of them throw their lifestyle up in every ones face at every opportunity and want a confrontation about it. To show their constant fight against the homophobes I guess to their friends. They do not miss a opportunity to flaunt it on social places or in the streets.
In what way to they throw their "lifestyle" in your face? By holding hands while walking down the street or through a park? By an occasional kiss in public, in the same way straight couples do and which never raises an eyebrow?

Quote:
Their going into grade or high schools and holding huge crowds of children hostage "explaining" their lifestyle to already confused or kids lashing out at their parents.
Do you have proof this is happening? I will wait for links to any credible sources to support your claim (and, no, "hate the gays" websites don't count).

Old 02-24-2013, 03:30 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annie_himself View Post

By the way, your post was reported.
Why would you report a post whom you diagree with, in this case Nurse Bishop? I thought the whole purpose of the OP post was to promote discussion.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:34 PM

3,963 posts, read 5,695,888 times
I think gay couples should be able to be just as miserable as straight couples.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:47 PM

2,309 posts, read 4,384,486 times
My sister is lesbian and she fully supports heterosexual marriage.

Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM

1,331 posts, read 1,987,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post
In my home island, Puerto Rico, homophobia is rampant, but the United States does not fall behind that much.

The arguments from people who do not want gay marriage to happen are basically related to religion. Here, I believe, state and religion are separate entities, and the constitution's current definition of marriage as a reason to oppose gay marriage is overwhelmingly vague, since it can be amended, it is not static.

Now there is something that worries me about people's "violent" opposition to gay marriage. Some people react as of this was a murder of an innocent person. Some people dare to compare homosexuality to some paraphilias, like pedophilia and zoophilia. I have even read people that say gays should die! Just what the heck is going on with some people? What is all this fear about? If you are not gay, then you are not gay. It's just as simple as that. While seeing two men or two women kissing could result weird today because it is not the norm to see it everyday (well at least in many parts of the world, maybe SF and Europe are exceptions), why would that bother you?

I am not gay and I support full rights for the LBGT community. I am sure of what I am. Are you?
Reasons I can think of:
1- Redneck
2- has secret gay fantasies
3- religous crap

Old 02-24-2013, 04:03 PM

5,128 posts, read 9,843,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by espizarro View Post

The arguments from people who do not want gay marriage to happen are basically related to religion. Here, I believe, state and religion are separate entities, and the constitution's current definition of marriage as a reason to oppose gay marriage is overwhelmingly vague, since it can be amended, it is not static.

Now there is something that worries me about people's "violent" opposition to gay marriage. Some people react as of this was a murder of an innocent person. Some people dare to compare homosexuality to some paraphilias, like pedophilia and zoophilia. I have even read people that say gays should die! Just what the heck is going on with some people? What is all this fear about? If you are not gay, then you are not gay. It's just as simple as that. While seeing two men or two women kissing could result weird today because it is not the norm to see it everyday (well at least in many parts of the world, maybe SF and Europe are exceptions), why would that bother you?

I am not gay and I support full rights for the LBGT community. I am sure of what I am. Are you?
I think you're going to get very few people whose opinion you want, respond to this thread which has already proven to be hostile to their opinion.

Many libertarians & conservatives & possibly even some liberals will disagree with you concerning your idea that the constitution can be readily changed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies