Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What about women covering their hair? Not only is that in the old testament, but it's ALSO in the new testament, as Paul speaks of it, and practically calls women who show their hair regular hussies. If he didn't, it's only because he was holding back.
lol

Being the good atheist that I am, I'm not very well versed in the bible, but I believe oldglory cherry picks what he believes and what he doesn't believe.

Just like the "stats" showing how many people now support marriage equality - he doesn't like the truth, so he chooses to not believe the polls.

I'd still bet that he chose to believe the polls that said Romney was going to win, though.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
And seeing as we're not a theocracy, your beliefs are irrelevant to secular laws.
how come secular countries like North Korea don't allow then. obviously their are secular reasons why same gender "marriage" is wrong.

Quote:
1) Only in the context of pagan worship rituals and
wrong see the sanhedrien, and the yad on the subject.

Quote:
2) Those same books call for anyone who works on the Sabbath to be executed.
which if your Jewish you should agree with (when theirs a Beis Hamikdash)

Quote:
Seeing as your claim about men lying with men comes from a Jewish, not a Christian book, and the overwhelming majority of Jews support same-sex marriage, it's clear lots of people disagree with you. You are not the arbiter of truth. The Bible is in fact quite vague on the subject and Jesus said not a single word about it.
most Jews are mechali shabbos befarhesya (work on sabbath), eat behamos temos, treifos, nevalos etc. (eat pork), don't keep tahras hamishpacha (figure it out yourself), never even heard of shevos.
In short most Jews don't know or care the first thing about Yideshkeit (Judaism). Orthodox Jews who follow the torah know that gay relations are wrong and worthy of death.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:50 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,257,854 times
So you want us to be like North Korea?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 PM

1,738 posts, read 3,008,465 times
North Korea is a communist and oppressive country. They also don't allow people to leave their country or speak out against the government. So is it really surprising that human rights such as gay marriage isn't on their radar?

Old 03-31-2013, 12:29 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post
North Korea is a communist and oppressive country. They also don't allow people to leave their country or speak out against the government. So is it really surprising that human rights such as gay marriage isn't on their radar?
and there are very rational bases for those decisions(that doesn't mean it moral,or right but it's rational).

gay "marriage" advocates claim that the only reason why people are against same gender "marriage" is religion and NK proves that wrong.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:32 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
lol

Being the good atheist that I am, I'm not very well versed in the bible, but I believe oldglory cherry picks what he believes and what he doesn't believe.

Just like the "stats" showing how many people now support marriage equality - he doesn't like the truth, so he chooses to not believe the polls.

I'd still bet that he chose to believe the polls that said Romney was going to win, though.
Yup. Evangelical-style Xians want the world to be run according to their cherry-picked sentences from two of the multiple religious belief texts on the earth, but they have cherry-picked them to DEATH! They reject most part of those books they claim are the word of God. If there's a God, he must be flipping out at the cherry-picking these so-called Christians engage in. They're busy as hamsters in the cafeteria picking-and-rejecting they do with the 2 bibles. Pretty pathetic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies