Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 AM

3,550 posts, read 2,557,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by insane4madonna View Post
I will never understand what the problem is.
In Argentina (and many other countries), gay marriage is legal and life continues with no problem. The US is way backwards when it comes to gay marriage, smoking pot, abortion, etc.
don't forget
welcoming Nazi's with open arms.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:34 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
Why are we only talking one man and multiple wives? Why not one woman and multiple husbands? Sheesh, this thread just keeps discriminating.

You should read Robert Heinlein on marriage. With multiples in the marriage, there should be a marriage contract that lays out all powers and expectations.
The world should have one big orgy.. oh yes, that is what the liberals are working to accomplish little by little.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:01 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,700,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramidsurf View Post

... there's plenty of proof God isn't real and evolution happened. Conveniently, most religious people choose to ignore this fact.

God proof? let's hear it.

I know of no proof "that God isn't real". Unless one is narrow-minded enough to assume that God can't conceive of and manage evolution. He is, after all, the originator of all that is and He was from before the beginning of time...how long ago is that?

Old 03-28-2013, 07:33 AM

1,738 posts, read 3,008,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

I know of no proof "that God isn't real". Unless one is narrow-minded enough to assume that God can't conceive of and manage evolution. He is, after all, the originator of all that is and He was from before the beginning of time...how long ago is that?

I just tried calling his office number, no response.

So just to humor you, your God exists, but all those other Gods that have existed throughout history were false and a ploy for the one true God? Seriously.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Homosexual males are anything but monogamous. So your theory is well bull.
Let me correct that phrase for you: MALES have trouble being faithful, reason being, they're more easily aroused, think of sex more frequently throughout the day, and even when theyr'e old after their instrument is in a permanent coma, they're STILL thinking of sex. Also, our patriarchal, misognynist society has always given men a green light for being unfaithful. It's seen as somehow "manly," which is so wrong.

You seriously need to look at all the Family Values Republican males, who get caught visiting prostitutes, traveling to other countries to stay with their mistresses, dropping their drawers at parks so other men can provide them with services, and even massaging minors.

It's MALES in general that think of sex pretty darn constantly. You seem to think that it's only gay men. WRONG!

Despite their crazy, intense sexual drive, many men are FAITHFUL, and that includes gay men who are faithful to their special other.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM

1,137 posts, read 972,394 times
Quote:

One does not "prove" a negative.

The burden of proof is on those who say an invisible sky zombie exists.

Oh, and a fictional book called the bible doesnt count as proof.

Where is your proof that "god" exists?

There is a reason it is called faith and not fact. People believe in an imaginary figure, just like schizophrenics do.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM

3,168 posts, read 2,064,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashed Potatoes View Post
One does not "prove" a negative.
One can easily prove a negative.

Eg: Prove to me the earth is not a square.

Easy, I'll prove to you the earth is a sphere.

The problem with the term 'God' is that it's too general. But one could theoretically prove that a Christian God does not exist. Or that the Hindu Gods don't exist. That in fact maybe easier than proving they exist.

The above term (can't prove a negative) is one of the most abused lines ever.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:36 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,735,386 times
Quote:

Wow. Another conservative "proving" a negative? Negative proofs are best discussed in mental institutions. lol

Old 03-28-2013, 10:37 AM

1,963 posts, read 1,823,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
One can easily prove a negative.

Eg: Prove to me the earth is not a square.

Easy, I'll prove to you the earth is a sphere.

The problem with the term 'God' is that it's too general. But one could theoretically prove that a Christian God does not exist. Or that the Hindu Gods don't exist. That in fact maybe easier than proving they exist.

The above term (can't prove a negative) is one of the most abused lines ever.
By negative he means lack of existence. Since human beings are not omniscient, we cant possibly claim something DOESNT exist. The analogy you used was absurd.

ex:

A: Theres an invisible purple rhino that lives in the earths core.
B: No.
A: Prove it.
B: The burden of proof lies with the party making the claim. What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Youre trying to dance around logic to conceal your obviously shaky faith. Dont.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:20 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
It is ok when a man loves a man and a women loves a women . It is when they add unnatural sex to that relationship it gets perverted. That is why it is a lust spirit that brings in the sexual acts to become deviate sexual practice. It is wrong.

Now the homosexuals want to try to have same sex marriage accepted. Many homosexuals do not believe in marriage because they know it is a sexual attraction that they have for many others of the opposite sex.It is only a sexual practice to many homosexuals. They now want acceptance to marry even though it is a perverted lifestyle they are drawn to.

The core of homosexuality is the sexual act between same sex individuals. No getting around that fact. That is what is being pushed by their social agenda for acceptablility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies