Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2013, 11:41 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
For this comment, i'm going to french kiss my husband in front of as many straights as possible.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is ok when a man loves a man and a women loves a women . It is when they add unnatural sex to that relationship it gets perverted. That is why it is a lust spirit that brings in the sexual acts to become deviate sexual practice. It is wrong.

Now the homosexuals want to try to have same sex marriage accepted. Many homosexuals do not believe in marriage because they know it is a sexual attraction that they have for many others of the opposite sex.It is only a sexual practice to many homosexuals. They now want acceptance to marry even though it is a perverted lifestyle they are drawn to.

The core of homosexuality is the sexual act between same sex individuals. No getting around that fact. That is what is being pushed by their social agenda for acceptablility.
Are there homosexual couples having sex in front of you? If not, what they do behind closed doors is none of your business.

Besides, have you heard of some of the kinky things heterosexuals do? Some of that makes this lesbian blush.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:31 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Why are gays so adamant about the word "marriage"? I don't get it. You can have your civil unions and take steps to pass legislation that would give civil unions the same federal benefits as marrieds have.

I think, even if you got that, you wouldn't be happy unless you could grab hold of that gold ring called "marriage" because you know, in your heart of hearts (immoral or otherwise) that you want to be looked upon as normal and fully accepted and approved of as such.

Well, it isn't going to happen. People who are opposed to homosexuality on moral grounds will abide by whatever "marriage" law you get passed, but will continue to work to change it because they will not approve or endorse what they see as immoral. You may have trouble accepting that but it is what it is.

Old 03-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Why are gays so adamant about the word "marriage"? I don't get it. You can have your civil unions and take steps to pass legislation that would give civil unions the same federal benefits as marrieds have.
Because separate is NOT equal and heterosexuals don't own the word "marriage."

It gets to be called what it is, whether you like it or not: "marriage."

Quote:
I think, even if you got that, you wouldn't be happy unless you could grab hold of that gold ring called "marriage" because you know, in your heart of hearts (immoral or otherwise) that you want to be looked upon as normal and fully accepted and approved of as such.
Well, I can't speak for the gay community but I'm guessing they aren't looking for YOUR approval and acceptance at all. They just want the same right to marry the person they love that you and I get to have.
Quote:
Well, it isn't going to happen. People who are opposed to homosexuality on moral grounds will abide by whatever "marriage" law you get passed, but will continue to work to change it because they will not approve or endorse what they see as immoral. You may have trouble accepting that but it is what it is.
Well, good luck with getting it changed. lol

By all polling and surveys showing that at least 58% of the American people support same sex marriage, and with as much as 81% of young people under the age of thirty approving of same sex marriage, you're delusional if you think this country is going to go BACKWARDS just because a small minority are ignorant bigots.

Get over it.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Because separate is NOT equal and heterosexuals don't own the word "marriage."

It gets to be called what it is, whether you like it or not: "marriage."

Well, I can't speak for the gay community but I'm guessing they aren't looking for YOUR approval and acceptance at all. They just want the same right to marry the person they love that you and I get to have.

Well, good luck with getting it changed. lol

By all polling and surveys showing that at least 58% of the American people support same sex marriage, and with as much as 81% of young people under the age of thirty approving of same sex marriage, you're delusional if you think this country is going to go BACKWARDS just because a small minority are ignorant bigots.

Get over it.
Name calling will get you more support?

p.s. heterosexuals do 'own' the term "marriage". Be honest enough to admit that you wouldn't be happy even with all the same benefits under law. You won't be happy until it's called a 'marriage'. And so continues the gay agenda to change society by hook, by crook or by force.

We who do not support same sex marriage are "ignorant bigots" because we disagree with you. Flip side is: you disagree with us, too, so does that make you "ignorant bigots?"

Old 03-29-2013, 08:56 AM

295 posts, read 358,941 times
Quote:
Honestly, the people you're speaking of above are going to be dropping like flies in the next 5-10 years so your prediction is, to put it kindly, unlikely.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Name calling will get you more support?

p.s. heterosexuals do 'own' the term "marriage". Be honest enough to admit that you wouldn't be happy even with all the same benefits under law. You won't be happy until it's called a 'marriage'. And so continues the gay agenda to change society by hook, by crook or by force.
Who did I call a name? I referred to a group of people that I do think of as ignorant bigots, but I did not call anyone here a name.

Perhaps "narrow minded bigots" would have been more appropriate.

And, no, I would not be happy if same sex couples had a different title applied to their legal union, while straights get to trot out the title of "marriage."

What is so hard for you to understand about SEPARATE not being EQUAL?

Why wouldn't the gay community be happy with the same benefits under the law? Where do you get that they want something "special," or "extra?" And what would those extra or special benefits be?

Quote:
And so continues the gay agenda to change society by hook, by crook or by force.
Or by the will of the majority of voters in this country - 58% and growing.

And look at all the conservatives who are jumping ship - either willingly supporting it (like Portman) or reluctantly accepting the inevitable (like Limbaugh).

Sorry to tell you something you apparently haven't been able to figure out on you own, S.B., but you ARE on the losing side here.

Nine states and the District of Columbia and more to follow.

Get over it.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:59 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
p.s. heterosexuals do 'own' the term "marriage".
I'm a heterosexual, and FYI, a marriage is a social and economic legal contract, and NO, heterosexuals do not own LEGAL contracts. They are legal contracts.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:24 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Anti-gay ideas are dying, and I, for one, can't wait till anti-gay ideas take their final breath. I think the reason anti-gay ideas are dying is because so many people (right wing, left wing, religious and not) either know gays as acquaintances, or have gays as family members. Knowing gay people is like knowing anyone else. They eat, drink, and sleep, work, shop at the supermarket, they cook, clean, shower, go on vacations, they each have their own unique personality, they have talents or not, they talk, they laugh, they fall in love, and they're human. Once someone knows a gay person, they realize this, that they're simply human beings.

They always have been human. It's just that once upon a time they were forbidden to say who they were.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:57 PM

2,887 posts, read 2,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary20852 View Post
The reason why no one takes issue with, "...a straight couple holding hands in public, posting heterosexual engagement pics all over their facebooks, watching heterosexual romance movies," is because heterosexuality (the attraction between man and woman) is normal behavior.
At 97% of the population this is indeed a heterosexual world and the homosexuals cannot stand nor tolerate that they will always comprise only perhaps 3% of the population and be perceived as abnormal, freakish, and odd in comparison to the predominant heterosexual population i.e. the norm.

As the homosexual continues to thrust themselves into the societal limelight they discover that many will never be thrilled or excited and instead nauseated, disgusted, disappointed and repulsed at same sex “wedding” pictures, a male describing another male as his wife, public displays of affection between homosexuals, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies