Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,503,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
All good things have to end. These folks have had it pretty soft for ever.
Government holidays, cushy retirement at 55 and health care. Enough is enough.
What have they created - nothing.
Learn how to face the new normal.
Furlough pay calculator released for federal workers - News - Stripes
I sense you don't even know what a federal government employee does. So, next time you go to collect your food stamps, and there's nobody there to hand them to you ... you'll find out. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2013, 01:45 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,250,430 times
Such glee for people being laid off.

I wonder how many of those people working those cushy jobs were republican voters?

Old 02-26-2013, 01:46 PM

59,225 posts, read 27,416,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You know they don't get paid on these furloughs, right? And they can't use their vacation time to get paid, either.
In the past they All got back pay.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:48 PM

17,403 posts, read 11,994,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
You know they don't get paid on these furloughs, right? And they can't use their vacation time to get paid, either.
Not if you live in CA. You just whine and complain, and poof, you get back pay. Plus interest.

I suspect this is all kabuki theater, and those govt workers will have huge lumps of money put into their accounts after the dust settles.

Old 02-26-2013, 01:49 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,491,164 times
the animosity towards civil servants is huge. amazing that every obama voter wants to be one.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,145,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proveick View Post
All good things have to end. These folks have had it pretty soft for ever.
Government holidays, cushy retirement at 55 and health care. Enough is enough.
What have they created - nothing.
Learn how to face the new normal.
Furlough pay calculator released for federal workers - News - Stripes
So people who create something are the only worthwhile people to you I guess. I know some really bad artists and musicians you'd be impressed with. Meanwhile, medical doctors, teachers, soldiers, even most engineers don't actually create anything.

So what is your big creation in your 20 year business, what is this wonderful product that has bettered mankind so much? Do tell...

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM

1,742 posts, read 3,119,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
So people who create something are the only worthwhile people to you I guess. I know some really bad artists and musicians you'd be impressed with. Meanwhile, medical doctors, teachers, soldiers, even most engineers don't actually create anything.

So what is your big creation in your 20 year business, what is this wonderful product that has bettered mankind so much? Do tell...
Your job with the taxes I pay.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:11 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,152,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Such glee for people being laid off.

I wonder how many of those people working those cushy jobs were republican voters?
To be followed by false outrage and screaming when the unemployment rate goes up...

Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,039,185 times
I have been looking at this and just can't figure out why they need all these furloughs to begin with given the minimal amount of cuts. I say this because, based on the projections from the various agencies, it seems there is no effort to cut any waste and they are going directly to the workers first. Seems to be a political ploy and nothing more. Honestly, this is a very small amount of cuts and with the hiring freezes they have had in place, this should be VERY easy to cut a measly 2%. Seems the administration is severely overreacting and using these gov't workers as a means to 'win' politically. I suspect it will backfire on Obama. Has anyone else noticed that the projections of furloughs seem to far exceed the amount needed to cut 2%?

Old 02-26-2013, 02:36 PM

4,301 posts, read 4,414,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I have been looking at this and just can't figure out why they need all these furloughs to begin with given the minimal amount of cuts. I say this because, based on the projections from the various agencies, it seems there is no effort to cut any waste and they are going directly to the workers first. Seems to be a political ploy and nothing more. Honestly, this is a very small amount of cuts and with the hiring freezes they have had in place, this should be VERY easy to cut a measly 2%. Seems the administration is severely overreacting and using these gov't workers as a means to 'win' politically. I suspect it will backfire on Obama. Has anyone else noticed that the projections of furloughs seem to far exceed the amount needed to cut 2%?
I have. All the rhetoric is just to scare people. There will be some furloughs, but they will not be as wide spread as they get painted to be and certainly not as dramatic. In the media, everything is calamitous and the politicians love to have it seen that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies