Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,846,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger
Seriously, a 1st grader knows that he/she is not what they were born to be?
Maybe bud... Like being born GAY,its nothing the parents had anything to do with.. IT WOULD BE MEAN FOR THEM TO FORCE ANYTHING ON HIM!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 03:14 AM

621 posts, read 658,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Seriously, a 1st grader knows that he/she is not what they were born to be? Personally, I think the parents are a couple of idiots and I see they have a lawyer already and ready to sue.

This is another reason why IMO the big school system should be scrapped and we should go back to small, neighborhood schools again and mostly funded by states and local communities. Let's get the Federal Government and their agenda out of public education.

Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom - CNN.com
I think that you are to restrictive. The school system was set up tp make good factory workers and good solders. With moving all the factories over seas why spend money making new factory workers? Junk the system. Go with entirely privet or home schooling. with no set standards. Let people vote with their feet.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:12 AM

524 posts, read 400,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
Now think about the cost to build and maintain a third type bathroom in every public school in America.
Don't you think you are making a rather broad assumption that every school in the U.S. has a transgender child that has to use the bathroom to which sex they relate to? Schools could easily turn one of the many teachers/nurses bathrooms into a transgender students bathroom if the need surfaced.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:26 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,054,479 times
The parents are idiots.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:03 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Well, I think it’s rather pompous for you to discredit my education, research, and constant upkeep of my field through CEC’s and reviews of peer-reviewed journals. Secondly, I did not make any specific assertions regarding these parents. An example would have been, “Clearly, these parents saw the child playing with his sister’s dolls and thought, well, and maybe he is unhappy being labeled a male”. I generalized a theory that is much debated in my field: nature vs. nurture.
Can you really argue with the fact that the parents observed some behaviors in the child and they became convinced that he had Gender Identity Disorder? How else did they come to the conclusion then, if not by observation of behaviors? Did they just simply decide to convince the child to act and dress like a girl?
I do have knowledge of what I wrote about, that is precisely why I decided to comment. Work on your grammar if you are going to make accusations.
I appologize for my grammer. I am functioning illiterate and try my best to get my message across.

I made no comment of your education. I was commenting on the general rule that most clinicians and medical professionals do not comment or give diagnosis on cases they are they are not directly involved with. As a layperson that was my belief.

You may express an opininon as you wish.

Quote:
It seems the child's parents saw something that could have been a perfectly normal behavior, and reinforced it to the point where the child is now convinced that he has Gender Identity Disorder
To me, a lay person, this comment is not a genealization of the nurture v. nature discussion. But as I am not a trained professional my perception could be way off.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:13 AM

524 posts, read 400,336 times
[quote=Chimuelojones;28473376]I appologize for my grammer. I am functioning illiterate and try my best to get my message across.

I am a horrible speller as well. I just use the spell check option. Before that was available, I used a dictionary. If I did not have these resources, I would come across as pretty illiterate myself!! I guess the point I was trying to make about grammar is that if you are to come across as serious, at least take the time out to review your writing. After all, you just right click and select!

Old 03-01-2013, 06:42 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
If she reached for the lipstick and the dress on her own, then the freaky thing to do would be to slap her hand and force a G.I. Joe into her palm.

Let the kid be what she wants to be, as long as it isn't hurting anyone. It is a parenting choice.
No, if she reached for a lipstick and dress (at 18 months old, highly unlikely), then the freaky thing to do is to take them to a psychiatrist, because you suspect they want to be a girl.

And for the record, that parenting choice IS affecting others.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Don't you think you are making a rather broad assumption that every school in the U.S. has a transgender child that has to use the bathroom to which sex they relate to? Schools could easily turn one of the many teachers/nurses bathrooms into a transgender students bathroom if the need surfaced.
That won't work. They've already offered that the child can use a nurse's bathroom. Not good enough. This insane father wants everything the way HE'S decided it should be. He wants his BOY to be able to use the girl's restroom.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM

4,214 posts, read 3,761,938 times
No such thing as a transgendered 1st grader...its called f***ed up parents that put this ridiculous idea into the poor kids head. Not only are they messing up the kids head but now causing problems for the school as well as confusing the other children.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:56 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:
Last school that I worked at had one faculty bathroom and no nurses bathroom. Half of the time faculty ended up using the kids' bathrooms. We had parents that complained about one of the male teachers using the boys' bathroom made their child uncomfortable. Our principal told the parents to get over it because we still had to be able to use the restroom and then he told that particular teacher to only use the faculty restroom. It may not be as simple as you think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies