Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:41 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times

Advertisements

Seriously, a 1st grader knows that he/she is not what they were born to be? Personally, I think the parents are a couple of idiots and I see they have a lawyer already and ready to sue.

This is another reason why IMO the big school system should be scrapped and we should go back to small, neighborhood schools again and mostly funded by states and local communities. Let's get the Federal Government and their agenda out of public education.

Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 06:52 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
She has dressed as a girl for most of last year. And her passport and state-issued identification recognize her as female.

We have to undergo old women getting their depends searched and little kids felt up for security reasons but you can get a passport that hides a persons true identity?

By forcing Coy to use a different bathroom than all the other girls, the school is "targeting her for stigma, bullying and harassment," Michael Silverman, one of Coy's lawyers and the executive director of the Transgender Legal Defense & Education Fund, said.

Girls aren't going to do this when he takes his penis out in the girls restroom? Can I get away with this? I mean, I wouldn't mind using the womens dressing room at the gym.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,941,561 times
Man...i wish life was simple. This is an example of the world is not Red or Blue, black or White. How much can we want to place things in some sense of order...but not everything fits nicely into our construct.

Humans have variables which sometimes defy logic or reason.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:58 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
If ya got a d*ck, you're not a chick. What is so hard to understand?

Old 02-27-2013, 06:59 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
A state issued ID with "female" listed as gender ?

I didn't realize you could answer those questions however you liked.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:01 AM

I glad I grew up when girls playing baseball with the boys were called "tomboys" but were still considered girls.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:04 AM

25,842 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I glad I grew up when girls playing baseball with the boys were called "tomboys" but were still considered girls.
Yeah, and they waited until puberty to decide with side of the plate to swing from LOL. This is pure idiocy.

A FIRST GRADER not knowing what gender they are when they have a male package. The parents should be on trial, not the school.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Yeah, and they waited until puberty to decide with side of the plate to swing from LOL. This is pure idiocy.

A FIRST GRADER not knowing what gender they are when they have a male package. The parents should be on trial, not the school.
Maybe they should move to MA. She/He will get to use whatever bathroom they want and everyone else will get punished if they don't like it.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:09 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Seriously, a 1st grader knows that he/she is not what they were born to be? Personally, I think the parents are a couple of idiots and I see they have a lawyer already and ready to sue.

This is another reason why IMO the big school system should be scrapped and we should go back to small, neighborhood schools again and mostly funded by states and local communities. Let's get the Federal Government and their agenda out of public education.

Colorado school bars transgendered 1st-grader from using girls' restroom - CNN.com
No kidding, did the child decide in it's wise and sagely knowledge, that it was born of the wrong gender, or is this their parents decision, or are our family pediatricians now screening kids for possible gender reassignment procedures?

My question is, why did these irresponsible people wait so long, most sex change procedures occur at two years of age.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:45 AM

4,300 posts, read 4,407,894 times
Let me play the Devil's advocate here. Many don't know that there actually are people born with both genitalia. Grown women (with breasts, the shape, and no Adam's apple) with a penis (and vice-versa). It's rare, but it does exist. Is this child one of those? I don't know. If the child is not, then some serious mental abuse is going on. But, Chimuelojones is right - sometimes things aren't so black and white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies