Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 02:11 PM

6,351 posts, read 9,979,937 times

Advertisements

[quote=lowrimol;28473846]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
I appologize for my grammer. I am functioning illiterate and try my best to get my message across.

I am a horrible speller as well. I just use the spell check option. Before that was available, I used a dictionary. If I did not have these resources, I would come across as pretty illiterate myself!! I guess the point I was trying to make about grammar is that if you are to come across as serious, at least take the time out to review your writing. After all, you just right click and select!
If anyone gives you grief about your spelling and/or grammar, just copy and paste this to them:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
No, if she reached for a lipstick and dress (at 18 months old, highly unlikely), then the freaky thing to do is to take them to a psychiatrist, because you suspect they want to be a girl.
They did and the shrinks said the kid is transgender and they shouldn't oppress the poor thing. Here's a video about the subject and it's sad as hell

Our America with Lisa Ling - Transgender Child: A Parent's Difficult Choice - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube

Quote:
And for the record, that parenting choice IS affecting others.

I agree that they should settle for letting their daughter use the nurses bathroom. Other than that, it's NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS. I mean, if I had a kid that had to go to school with brats screaming about how "JEEEZZZUSSS DIED FOR OUR SINSSSSS!" I would go down their and tell the teachers to shut the little Falwelling the hell. But in the end if the kid's parents want him or her to worship the sadist in the sky, not my problem.

Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
They did and the shrinks said the kid is transgender and they shouldn't oppress the poor thing. Here's a video about the subject and it's sad as hell

Our America with Lisa Ling - Transgender Child: A Parent's Difficult Choice - Oprah Winfrey Network - YouTube

I agree that they should settle for letting their daughter use the nurses bathroom. Other than that, it's NONE OF ANYONE'S BUSINESS. I mean, if I had a kid that had to go to school with brats screaming about how "JEEEZZZUSSS DIED FOR OUR SINSSSSS!" I would go down their and tell the teachers to shut the little Falwelling the hell. But in the end if the kid's parents want him or her to worship the sadist in the sky, not my problem.
you seem to be hung up on religion. why do you keep talking about god, what has it to do with the conversation? grapple with your demons and traumatic past on your own time or you just sound like a nutjob

Old 03-01-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
you seem to be hung up on religion. why do you keep talking about god, what has it to do with the conversation? grapple with your demons and traumatic past on your own time or you just sound like a nutjob
I was raised by a deist and I am religious myself...just not a fan or orthodox abrahamic religion.

Anyway, the issue is this: If somebody ALLOWING their kid to be who they are is an issue to be judged by society than by all means someone FORCING their kid to be a little god-slave is also an issue for society.

Don't like people letting their kids be who they are? MYOB. One could easily say the same things about Nicene fanatics raising kids in the Old Testament tradition.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:03 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,903,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
I was raised by a deist and I am religious myself...just not a fan or orthodox abrahamic religion.

Anyway, the issue is this: If somebody ALLOWING their kid to be who they are is an issue to be judged by society than by all means someone FORCING their kid to be a little god-slave is also an issue for society.

Don't like people letting their kids be who they are? MYOB. One could easily say the same things about Nicene fanatics raising kids in the Old Testament tradition.
So you like religion, just not the jewish kind, then you hate it and use all caps?

Old 03-01-2013, 03:15 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wow, so many gender dysphoria experts here today.
It doesn't take an expert to know that many boys and girls at this age act this way. You have girls who are tomboys and boys walking around in mom's high heels.

That doesn't mean you tell them their transgender and need to have an operation.

These parents are sick in the head.

We're talking about a 6yr old, not a 16 yr old who has had "feelings" for years.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM

1,350 posts, read 2,300,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
As I understand it, in about 50% of the time, stuff looks ok but it doesn't ... work. There is no ability to orgasm in the new body. That's huge. These surgeries aren't paid for by Medicare. Average working stiffs can't afford to change their sex via surgery. The vast majority of transgender people are pre-op and therefore neither male or female. Cool in Brazil. In southern North America, not so much. TSA personell aren't known for their sensitivity or maturity, post 9/11 how is air travel for the majority of transgender people being addressed?

something you said made me recall a situation at a Faith Community... a church, if you will, that involved a convicted child molester that wished to join this community. He had just been released from a half-way house after serving 12 years for what must have been a pretty serious offense to warrant that kind of sentence. The Pastor and elected church leadership grappled with the ramifications of including this outspoken ex-offender in their midst. Eventually it was put directly to the congregation as to whether this individual should be welcomed or not. As it happens I was privy to the decision making process albeit not one with voting privileges. Nonetheless I observed aloud that... given what we KNOW is the distribution of ex-sex offenders in this part of the country it would be a given that non less, and possibly more than half of a dozen child sex offenders, convicted or not, were already members of this Faith Community.

We live in an age of Too Much Information. By the numbers, there are more men and women that have a history of sexual relations with animals than there are homosexual people!! I don't know any that would attend a PRIDE parade for such a lifestyle. Of all the alternative lifestyles that there could be, and there are an impressive number of choices, the Gay lifestyle has risen to the top as the least offensive to the dominant straight population. I personally do not think it is the worst thing to establish a hierarchy of behavior and rate some as less acceptible than some. I do not believe society is well served by a free for all of everyone doing their thing with equal abandon. For now, people mostly self-police. Common sense tells people what lifestyles they can share with the public and which ones they should keep to themselves.

The children are a different matter entirely. I observe that in the UK a couple faced the loss of their child because it was morbidly obese. In this country such a thing would be unthinkable. Parents have to be endangering the life of their child... ... ... hmmmm... ... I guess in the U.K. allowing a child to be more than 100lbs. over an acceptable weight... ... yeah... it sounds to me like these parents should be put on notice.

H
I don't know that I agree with that. The child is 6. She isn't being given any medical treatment other than counseling. Even then you cannot have surgery until you are 18 in the United States.

Problem is minus trying to decypher what you or may not be going on with that child, there is no such thing as a transgender lifestyle. You are not hurting anyone generally speaking.

And the surgeries do result in orgasms in well over 50% of the time. Having gone through everything I did, I am sure of two things. If I had to do it again I would, best decision ever. Everything I grappled with since I was old enough to remember I knew I was "wrong". Secondly, I'm so glad I don't have to do it again. Its been a long road of pain, worrying and crying that I was hurting my parents. That I wouldn't "fit in", that I would go to church and pray that God would lift this burden from me. Being transgender is an incredibly difficult thing to be. Its one thing to be gay, and say ok I like my own gender/sex. You can come to terms with it. Being transgender is like being in a living hell 24/7 and there is no escape except for hormones therapy and surgery.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:39 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,977,958 times
After reading all the posts here, it occurs to me that I really just don't care what these parents do, or who this kid thinks he is. that's right, HE!
If a person has male plumbing, he is a male
If a person has female plumbing, she is a female
If they want to get surgically reassigned, that is THEIR business, not mine. I don't care.
HOWEVER, for the sake of the rest of the population that has to interact with them, as long as they have the plumbing, they should use the rest room or locker room that matches the plumbing, or separate facilities when available.
When my girls were in school, if a male plumbed kid had tried to shower or use the facilities with them I would have been at school immediately pounding on somebodies desk to get that foolishness STOPPED! Same thing with a person with female plumbing wanting to shower with the boys.
I suppose you liberals would allow the boy-kid to participate in pajama parties with the girls, too.
I have to admit it would be educational for all attending!

Old 03-01-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
So you like religion, just not the jewish kind, then you hate it and use all caps?
I never said Jewish, but OT in general, be it Islam, Judaism or Nicene Christianity. But whatever floats your boat.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
After reading all the posts here, it occurs to me that I really just don't care what these parents do, or who this kid thinks he is. that's right, HE!
If a person has male plumbing, he is a male
If a person has female plumbing, she is a female
If they want to get surgically reassigned, that is THEIR business, not mine. I don't care.
HOWEVER, for the sake of the rest of the population that has to interact with them, as long as they have the plumbing, they should use the rest room or locker room that matches the plumbing, or separate facilities when available.
When my girls were in school, if a male plumbed kid had tried to shower or use the facilities with them I would have been at school immediately pounding on somebodies desk to get that foolishness STOPPED! Same thing with a person with female plumbing wanting to shower with the boys.
I suppose you liberals would allow the boy-kid to participate in pajama parties with the girls, too.
I have to admit it would be educational for all attending!

I actually believe that there should be co-ed shower rooms and locker rooms. Reason being this: it demystifies things to see people all the time and it's no longer a big deal. Take Europe: people in Finland see each other nude all the time with co-ed saunas and showers and skinny dipping. But their teenage pregnancy rate is nowhere near that or any Red state.

And there is also this little issue: you will never be able to tell if a girl is a lesbian or if a boy is gay. If you have kids, chances are they have *gasp!* used the locker room or the bathroom with a homosexual members of the same sex, whether you and they knew it or not. So what then? Give people a sexual lie detector test to see what they're into before letting them use a shower or bathroom?

The Puritan line of thinking is really unnatural. People have seen other people nude for thousands of years and it's no big deal. Every traditional society, from the San of the Kalahari to the people of New Guinea, have no issue with this. Just another sickness of the modern age brought to you by tired, unnatural Judea-Nicene "thinking."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies