Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 07:41 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,638 times

Advertisements

Sad really but it seems as if there is no end in sight how far some companies will go to make everyone as fat and unhealthy as they can. I say this after I read an article about the Dairy farmers here in this country who are now seeking to allow the use of Aspartame because they now want to sweeten milk. Not only do they want to do this but they also want to be able to keep it labeled AS milk. My question is WHY ?

What is the purpose of adding this garbage to milk? IF I wanted sweetened milk I would buy the canned condensed stuff, or I would just simply sweeten it myself. This is why we as a country are so fat and unhealthy and we are this way because there seems to be no real escape from all these damned chemicals in our food/water/and beverages !!

Aspartame In Milk A Possibility As Dairy Industry Seeks Approval
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 07:47 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Sad really but it seems as if there is no end in sight how far some companies will go to make everyone as fat and unhealthy as they can. I say this after I read an article about the Dairy farmers here in this country who are now seeking to allow the use of Aspartame because they now want to sweeten milk. Not only do they want to do this but they also want to be able to keep it labeled AS milk. My question is WHY ?

What is the purpose of adding this garbage to milk? IF I wanted sweetened milk I would buy the canned condensed stuff, or I would just simply sweeten it myself. This is why we as a country are so fat and unhealthy and we are this way because there seems to be no real escape from all these damned chemicals in our food/water/and beverages !!

Aspartame In Milk A Possibility As Dairy Industry Seeks Approval

It all comes down to choice. Don't drink it.

Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Default Aspartame in Milk?

Aspartame gives my wife, and how many others, migraine headaches. This is worse than dumb it is inimical and dangerous.

I can understand that milk producers and processors are facing a declining market as fewer children are continuing to drink milk as they get older. I do not believe sweetening milk will make a difference. I suggest they realize they are becoming a specialty product and concentrate on higher quality. For one thing they could make their ice cream more like Ben and Jerry’s and less like Hood's "frozen dessert".

Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,444,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
It all comes down to choice. Don't drink it.

True, but isn't milk a necessary thing ?

Old 02-28-2013, 07:52 AM

1,242 posts, read 3,481,251 times
$

Make it addictive and make more $.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
True, but isn't milk a necessary thing ?

Unless the sweetner is included in all milk, which I seriously doubt it will be, there's nothing to fear. I'm sensitive to artificial sweeteners myself, and will get a cluster headache if I injest even a small amount of the stuff. The dairy industry would be opening themselves up for a whole bunch of lawsuits if they included it in all milk.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:13 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
What's sad is there is no escape from STUPID. Leave it to a liberal to need someone to tell him/her what to drink and when to drink it.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
On the flip side, small dairies that specialize in producing bgh (bovine growth hormone) free milk are doing gang busters. We have a small local dairy doing just that, and the milk tastes amazing--I'd forgotten what fresh milk tasted like. The problem is that it's very expensive to set up a processing/pasteurizing facility, and unless you've got a ton of capital, it's not going to happen. The milk is also considerably more expensive, but it's worth it. It isn't the dairy farmers calling for additives to the milk--it's the big processing facilities that set the agenda. Dairy farmers just want to milk their cows and get a fair price for their product.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:15 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,208,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What's sad is there is no escape from STUPID. Leave it to a liberal to need someone to tell him/her what to drink and when to drink it.
You think big corporate ag is liberal? Where's the laughing my butt off icon on this board...

Old 02-28-2013, 08:17 AM

Quote:
What's sad is there is no escape from STUPID.
Apparently you haven't been successful thus far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies