Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 06:24 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times

Advertisements

Bloomberg pushed through tough anti-gun regulations/laws. So we have some firearms manufacturers saying they won't sell in NYC/NY. Everyone sits waiting to see what happens and we even have a count going on in this forum. Fine.

But Bloomberg went ahead and realizing the movie industry needed or wanted to use real firearms to make movies there, is going to make sure they can, an exemption.

So, how many of you will join the boycott to not watch movies filmed in any part in NYC where guns are used as props? That means not going to see the movie in the theatre, not renting the DVD, not watching it on Netflix, Hulu or anywhere else. Don't watch them period. Every time you watch one of those movies here on out, you are paying the very people that are restricting your 2nd amendment rights. This is something you can do, not just talk about.

I say here and now, I will no longer give my money to any company that films movies in NYC where they use guns as a prop. I want you to join me. I want you to tell as many people as you can and get them to do the same. Help make this a national issue. This can be huge in just a few days. When you tell others and they join in the boycott, report it right here. Make a post and say how many people joined.

We can do this together, regardless of the differences we have about how to enjoy firearms, what they mean to us individually, the ways to prevent attacks on our rights, we CAN DO THIS!

Stand up right here, right now. Not tomorrow, or the next. Don't depend on some donation to some organization. This is us, Americans who value and demand that our rights be protected. We will not give another inch, not one more regulation, not one more law or restriction. Hit them where it counts, right now. They will see this. This is not some funded moon shot, this is Americans saying enough is enough.

Who will join me? From this moment forward, no more money to watch movies made in NYC that use guns as props. Not one dime. Right now, right here. Please post your response and again each time you gain the help of another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 06:32 PM

7,280 posts, read 10,957,323 times
Also, we need a DO NOT WATCH LIST. How can such a list be made a sticky to people can refer to it without commenting there?

The criteria is a movie filmed in any part in NYC where guns are used as props. This is an inconvenience but think about what we are being told. You can't own guns but we will let the movie industry own them and then get you to pay for watching the movie where they use the very guns you can't own and call it good.

Old 02-28-2013, 09:20 PM

340 posts, read 496,241 times
I don't give my money to Hollywood or the music industry. I torrent anything I want no charge. LOL Screw the entertainment industry.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:34 AM

621 posts, read 658,502 times
The problem with gun control is this. The only guns are in the hands of criminals or cops. We have the right to defend ourselves.

In the fight to take guns away from everyone there has been created public shooting ranges. No guns in churches except in the hands of mass shooters. The same for schools. Etc.

The law only applies to those that fallow the law. Criminals don't fallow the law.

Old 03-01-2013, 03:53 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
I saw we dont stop ar guns, we make film makers make everthing real in movies. I want a real DeathStar.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
I bet you will.

Old 03-01-2013, 05:25 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Jesus H Christmas. Another stupid boycott.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:45 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times
Default Too much hysteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Also, we need a DO NOT WATCH LIST. How can such a list be made a sticky to people can refer to it without commenting there?

The criteria is a movie filmed in any part in NYC where guns are used as props. This is an inconvenience but think about what we are being told. You can't own guns but we will let the movie industry own them and then get you to pay for watching the movie where they use the very guns you can't own and call it good.

Most of us don't live in NYC.

The draconian gun grabbing laws for the rest of America haven't happened and are extremely unlikely to.

Of course, all those who still convince themselves that the jackbooted UN thugs are their way to get that gun under your pillow are more than welcome to participate.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:46 AM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I'll boycott NYC. All NY teams suck anyway, IMO. Even the ones in Jersey they say are theirs.

Old 03-01-2013, 06:50 AM

9,884 posts, read 10,981,966 times
I have started a total boycott of New York and New York City for my entire family.
I won't go there, I won't buy anything from there, I just have nothing to do with them at all, ever.
But then, I never have, so it is pretty meaningless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies