Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2013, 11:51 AM

267 posts, read 202,935 times

Advertisements

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/video...O0j2Jz2IiQrU1z

Quote:
" A surveillance video obtained by Channel 3 of a confrontation between Chattanooga Police and federal inmate Adam Tatum has prompted a news conference Thursday morning. The confrontation between Chattanooga Police and federal inmate Adam Tatum at the Salvation Army's halfway house last June that put Tatum in the hospital with broken bones and got Officers Sean Emmer and Adam Cooley fired for use of excessive force. Tatum's attorney, Robin Flores, obtained the video through court order from the Hamilton County District Attorney General's office. He's seeking to have Tatum's convictions thrown out, after Tatum pleaded guilty to assaulting the officers. "We counted at least 200 blows, 200 individual blows," says Tatum's attorney, Robin Flores. "They were dragging him by his broken leg."" - WRCBTV
These are your public servants.

Last edited by Perception; 03-01-2013 at 12:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2013, 12:10 PM

179 posts, read 193,181 times
That's just one of many examples. Welcome to the United Police States of America!

Old 03-01-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caughtinaweb View Post
That's just one of many examples. Welcome to the United Police States of America!
This is one reason why all people should be able to own guns, felons included. If anyone had a gun I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten this far.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:35 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,247,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perception View Post
This is one reason why all people should be able to own guns, felons included. If anyone had a gun I'm sure it wouldn't have gotten this far.
You are right. He would have never pleaded guilty. They would have shot him to death had he had a gun.

Old 03-01-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You are right. He would have never pleaded guilty. They would have shot him to death had he had a gun.
I'm talking about the skin heads in blue. If any of the observers or the man being beaten had a gun , I would hope they would've shot the hell out of them.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:01 PM

179 posts, read 193,181 times
Quote:
To me, it depends on the crime the felon committed, but otherwise, I agree. Although, perhaps a felon could have his or her right given back after a certain amount of time if they have not committed any other offense.

Old 03-01-2013, 04:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times
Quote:

So you would have no problem letting murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc be able to legally get guns?

Old 03-01-2013, 04:44 PM

7,788 posts, read 8,034,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So you would have no problem letting murderers, rapists, pedophiles, etc be able to legally get guns?
Welcome to the new police state.Most felons are not murderers,rapists,pedophiles or etc,most are charged with minor offences that used to be misdomeanors like smoking pot or getting in a fight .

Old 03-01-2013, 04:48 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
All those fall under mental illnesses, what would make a person who was born in the same world as us want to take another human's life? Or a person who would rape another person, see another person as nothing but a sexual object/toy? Or a person who sees the same thing to a child... All that sounds like a mental illness trait, but the world would want us to see it as normal. We should actually do something about it, rather than be mad at that person and "lock em up". Though I'm not condoning any of these actions, but yea their human just like us, so why not.

And about that video, those cops should be tried, sick of these policy enforcers thinking they God or something

Old 03-01-2013, 05:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Wait, so the cops just got fired? No charges?

Oh, let me point out once again. Yet another case of police brutality in the good ol' South Youse got really angry, roid-ranging cops down south and west don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies