Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2013, 02:42 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Thank you. I heard the call on the news. That operator needs to be educated about the criteria for CPR because she gave that nurse the WRONG information.
then what was the "right" information.. she didn't follow the nurse
"wrong" information anyways and the lady still died so what should have happened?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2013, 02:44 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,691,460 times
that was a sh*tty thing to do, the lady was better off collapsing in walmart

Old 03-05-2013, 02:48 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,250,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Artiste View Post
then what was the "right" information.. she didn't follow the nurse
"wrong" information anyways and the lady still died so what should have happened?
Most likely exactly what happened. People die every minute. Most times there is absolutely nothing you can do to save them.

Unless new information comes out it seems that the lady on the phone did everything she could have.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM

37,477 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
If the lady was cognizant enough to hear and understand what was going on, she didn't need CPR.
I find it amazing how many people want CPR giving to a living breathing person.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
And you know this how?
I'm guessing, since this has gone viral. The home is looking worse by the second.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I have a feeling she will soon be out of a job and looking for another one where she can deny treatment to the ill. She's a nurse who believes her job does not include saving lives.
WHO???

The dispatcher was insisting that CPR be given to a person who had a heart beat and was breathing. Where in this story is anyone denying 'treatment'?

The caller refused to murder at the direction of a dispatcher.

I would have done the same.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,738,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I find it amazing how many people want CPR giving to a living breathing person.
CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) is pushing down on a person's chest and breathing into his or her mouth. It is used in emergencies when someone's heart stops beating, OR when he or she is not breathing normally (may be gasping for breath) OR is not breathing at all.

OR.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
What were they supposed to do here?
A person falls down and wants an ambulance, the caller asked for an ambulance.

It was the dispatcher who went crazy.

Old 03-05-2013, 03:05 PM

Quote:
CPR (cardiopulmonary resuscitation) is pushing down on a person's chest and breathing into his or her mouth. It is used in emergencies when someone's heart stops beating, OR when he or she is not breathing normally (may be gasping for breath) OR is not breathing at all.

OR.
You do not do CPR on any person who has a heart beat and is breathing.

NEVER!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:06 PM

1,873 posts, read 2,409,620 times
Quote:
She was denied CPR, something she would've received at any other (non-medical) public place upon instructions from the 911 operator.
Another unfounded view. Not everyone is trained or capable of performing CPR and even those who are trained/capable might not for legal reasons and/or concerns re: infectious disease from a stranger - regardless of what the real risks may/not be.

I'm still not clear as to whether the woman had a DNAR on file at the independent living facility. I've seen both yes and no reported, eventually we should know which is correct.

Having taken CPR training through work dozens of times with many other employees, I know for a fact that many people stated they were only taking the training in case they were called upon to perform for a friend or family member - they would not do so with a stranger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies