Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,254,198 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
No we aren't.
Stop listening to the oldies. They had it wayyyyy better.
They really didn't have to worry about terrorism,could get a great job out of high school,and etc.
I'm sick of the boomers' whining.
I am working 2 full time jobs,so no one can say I am lazy. All this and I still am broke.
Housing in this area is 4x my income(decent ones anyway)
Some like to mention that we are spoiled with cell phones and labtops.
Those things aren't a want,they are a need. If you wait for an employer to call your home,you are going to miss lots of opprtunities. Its best to carry the cell phone so you won't miss any calls.
Laptops and tablets are needed for filing out applications. Who walks into a place of business and asks for an application?
Really now?
Hmmm, I had a draft card, do you know what that is? I'd sit and watch for my number to be called, waiting to go to Vietnam and die, like thousands did.

I find it odd that kids want a job right out of high school. Why did they wait so long? My first job was obtained when I was in elementary school.

Yes, today's kids have it just oh so darned bad it makes me want to cry with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies