Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 11:16 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
They seek to ban pre-marital sex, which is ultimately the same thing.
Condom use is approved within marriage. You can say that christian oppose abortion and premaital sex but you can't say they oppose condom usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2013, 11:18 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
My adult son walked down my hall way and said..."this is the dirtiest floor I have ever seen" - We share an apartment...so I perked up with a solution for the mouth piece son....'clean it!"

If pro lifers care so much, don't bash a welfare person who has a child...or about to have a child...maybe bring them a second hand baby stroller? You can not be pro-life and hate life if that life is poor. Pro-life means just that- That you are pro-life of all life- unborn children...infant children...young adults - aging adults...your pets...your relatives - every human being on earth...You are either for the living or you are for making the living dead.

There is death and there is life..choose life!
Maybe you should care about the children you already have instead of making their lives harder by bringing yet another child into your miserable conditions.

And don't you get the pill for FREE. Is it so hard to take it?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:20 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
So which are you trying to defend?... That you collect welfare or that you make kids to collect more welfare?

Old 03-04-2013, 11:59 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You're so far out in left field you can't tell up from down.

I'm all for people on welfare having abortions. Kill 'em all. I don't care. Just as well now as later on the streets of Chicago or wherever. I would go one step further and prefer to see them permanently neutered. And I'm about as conservative as they come.

Note to sluts:....take on 20 men a night if you wish. I simply don't care. Just don't ask me to pay for any of the results, including pregnancy, STDs, whatever. Show some responsibility for once in your pathetic little life and pay when you play. Get your lazy, skanky azz off my money.
Oh, lookie, the OP didn't like what I posted but gave me a rep, anyway:

Will pro-life welfare...
03-04-2013
08:24 PM
Ken Kaunda - top troll post there, oh wait, perhaps ur serious

lol. Yep, Kenny, I was serious.

Old 03-05-2013, 01:26 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,839,638 times
so you really think all women on welfare should be neutered?

Old 03-05-2013, 01:58 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
so you really think all women on welfare should be neutered?
It'd be nice to do something, but the problem is figuring out what to do that doesn't end up making things worse. And I would count forced sterilization as making things worse - that's a severe violation of rights.

The only thing I've been able to come up with is remove a child from the mother if that child is born to the mother while she is already on welfare.

I've seen lots of people say that people should only get support for the first child. But that leaves children starving.

The problem I have with my own idea is not knowing whether institutional or foster care would be worse for the child than the environment they are already in. I think you could easily make it legal by declaring the mother guilty of child neglect. I believe having a new child while you are already receiving welfare to support another child is clear evidence of child abuse. So I have no sympathy for the mother, but I don't know if it's healthy for the child. Foster/institutional care is not good for kids, but neither is it good for a child to be living with a mother who is so irresponsible and poor.

As it stands right now, people are rewarded for bad behavior under the principle that the child can't be held responsible for the parent's actions. It's a good principle, but the practical result is taking resources from responsible productive citizens and giving them to reward unproductive irresponsible people. And not only that, the reward goes up in direct proportion to exactly how poor their behavior is. It's the exact opposite of what we should be promoting.

Even if women are not purposely having children to increase or extend their government benefits, I think the knowledge that having another child would result in going through pregnancy and then having the child removed while getting no increase in benefits would cause women to take more care in their actions and make more of an effort not to get pregnant. So I think that in the long run it would reduce the number of children in poverty, lower the burden on the economy, and start removing the entitlement mindset.

Old 03-05-2013, 07:28 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Default Nobody reads and learns

Quote:
Ultimately the choice lies with the woman.

Up to her to get pregnant or not, and there is no guarantee that the man will stick around.

But it's also her choice to have an abortion or not.

Very straightforward.
This is a perfect example of the article I cited in post #95. It is exactly that male attitude which has resulted in millions of pregnancies---it's up to the woman.

Now if we had a law that stated after causing two out of wedlock pregnancies the MAN would be sterilized---then we'd see some correction in our social issues. Men are prone to espouse their "I'm the head of the household and/or superior to women" theme, while dodging personal responsibility.

If we choose to ignore personal responsibility of males, then I favor DOUBLING our tax rate to take care of children born into poor households. Because as a nation our children are everyone's responsibility. Take one look at Sandy Hook and then look on CD to find the responsibility avoiders in this country

The only kind of responsibility anyone ever wants to take is the kind that won't hit them in the pocketbook. Kenneth, you are an avoider of responsibility and that's why we need to keep your taxes high in order to take care of children fathered by men just like you.

Placing blame on the woman is as old as Adam and Eve.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:05 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,451,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So we have no real explanation for how physical reality came to be. But if someone thinks God is the reason, that means they are irrational, believe in nonsense, and are pointless to talk to?
No, but people that take part in any of the organized religions, do in fact believe in nonsense, and that nonsense effects their ability to make rational decisions.

Noah's Ark......Adam and Eve........Some guy named Jesus coming back to life......
That's all made up stuff. Only a great fool would believe in such rubbish.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 AM

436 posts, read 755,954 times
I am pro-choice. However, this argument is silly. There are many pro-life people who provide charity to people who are less fortunate. I know many pro-life people who are decent human beings. Quit demonizing all of them. The problem with abortion is that it is an emotional topic, and we have just too many people who attack the other side with silly blanket statements.
Again, I am pro-choice and an agnostic who dislikes organized religions. But I can totally understand why some people are pro-life. Their only difference is that they feel that the unborn human being's life is significant. They have a very idealistic stance on life, though which I think is impractical.

Quote:
No, thought not!
Would a pro-lifer condone mandated abortion for the jobless?
Most would probably not.

Quote:
My view is that we all have the right to procreate, regardless of income
Many would probably agree with you.

Quote:
So abortion is the option here according to these idealists.
No, probably that we have the rights to liberty and the pursuit of happiness. And with that, dealing with the consequences of our choices.

There is no right answer for the abortion debate. It will forever be a morale dilemma. But blaming the pro-life people of the procreating irresponsibility of some makes very little sense.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:50 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
for Lycos and Ugga:

no premarital sex = no children out of wedlock

The real reason why Christians attempt to ban this kind of natural action.

condom use = sex can be had without risk of child.

This is bad for the Christian because it means we can enjoy our bodies rather than the word of the Lord.

Solution? = ban condoms

it's all part of the same absurd sex neurosis
Taking a dump is a natural action.

Having sex is not.

I'm glad I'm not your lady friend. No meaning, no emotion, no feeling. Just in and out. Nice!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies